I come back and there's lots of activity going down! Excellent. Most excellent. Y'alls are great.

@Devotary of Spontaneity In reply to your question, I'd be surprised if there was more than 3 elims because I think that would weight the game a little bit against the village, especially given that the crazy mistborn is aligned against the village as well as being against the elims.

Soo... Hmmmmmm...

In reply to @Seonid's suggestion of an inactive lynch:

Is it worth it to hurt our odds at winning to ultimately build the game up? Yes, absolutely. Even though lynching an inactive produces comparitively little information at the start of the game when we rather need information, and risks hitting a tineye 1 and shutting down PMs, it's definitely worth it if that could improve Sanderson Elimination as a whole.

Does lynching an inactive actually discourage inactivity? I'm less sure about that. I need to think more about this thing before I would consider getting behind an inactive lynch.

I'm not sure if it's just me, but I feel that this game lacks enough RP. Drake started a little, and Joe went through the trouble of giving everyone little descriptions in the player list. So here goes mine...

Another day it was, just as all the others had gone by. Ash in the sky, soot on the ground, smoke in the air, each distinct and yet the same. Why do people have different words for the same things? Marv tossed the apple in his hand to the other and back as he strolled down the busy street. Feet scampered over the cobbles, but Marv remained aloof. He had no place to be, being unemployed. He just told interesting stories of things that came from the recesses of his mind. Maybe they were true, somewhere, but people liked them.

It was a living, of a sort.

Marv turned a corner and accidentally bumped into a group of people huddled together. He tucked his apple into his pocket and probed his mind for an interesting bit to share, but then he caught a whiff of the conversation he had interrupted.

Murder...intruders...danger...

Nope. Not the right, receptive, happy people to get apples from, or maybe even boxings. Their anxious mood was reflected in their eyes, which were now trained on him. Their scrutinizing gazes seemed to peer right through his skull. Marv gulped down his fear and flashed them a grin and began to back away, but his exit was blocked by an intimidating man. He was obviously overthinking it, right? He tended to do that. These people didn't want to hurt him, they were just frightened, maybe didn't get their caffeine boost this morning? Right, definitely that. A leading member of the group pulled him from his thoughts.

"You look like a man who spends quite a bit of time on the streets. What have you heard?" 

"What are trying to say, spends quite a bit of--" The glare of the man silenced him. "Oh, um, well, not much?" Marv stammered. The brawny man behind him grunted, and Marv began to mentally panic. He tried to bring back his previous rationalizations. No caffeine. That man has digestive issues, it's not polite to stare... The leader was still waiting.

"No, nothing about sketchy people with swords or knives in the dark. Those types lurk in the alleyways, in the mists. They like the shadows, and most of the footpads around town don't get along very well with the pickpocketer gang, so I've heard." Marv's storytelling mode began to kick in, and slowly the anxiety began to fade away as he wove his yarn. "During the day, oh, you could be emptied of boxings in no time flat, by the Lord Ruler. Happened to me once, and I didn't notice until three streets down. But as for the frightening sort? I try to keep my distance," Marv said.

His performance seemed to sate their curiosity, and Marv let out a slow breath of relief--

--but caught himself before his tension showed. Never let your audience know your terror, he always told himself. And sometimes he told that to street performers who were having a bad day. It usually cheered them up a bit, that and a story. Marv sidestepped out of the crowd and briskly walked away. After a few houses, he pulled his apple out from his tattered coat and began to toss it back and forth. Before long, he was whistling a little tune.

Edited by Hemalurgic Headshot
Little grammar things

Hey everyone, I checked Ornstein's profile, and he hasn't been on since Saturday. That's before the game started, so he hasn't seen any of our tags, or the Shard in general. Should we give him a chance to see game before we lynch hims? Or is it not worth it?

Right now, we have enough votes to lynch him.

@Drake Marshall, my argument isn't that lynching an inactive is better for SE overall but harmful to our win chances.

I'm arguing that lynching an inactive helps our win chances more overall than lynching an active at this point.

By keeping people who are actually around and playing talking longer, we improve both the amount of information we receive over the course of this particular game and the quality of that information.

It is worthwhile to consider whether lynching inactives might dissuade inactivity - but if filters don't, then I'm not sure lynches will.

6 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

although I'll switch to Steeldancer if necessary before cycle end.

You seem to want to lynch Steeldancer a decent amount, any reason why? It just seems kinda rude :P

Honestly though, that gives me a bit of an... not elim read, but an off read for you. 

Sorry for not posting earlier, I was watching and waiting.

Not many thoughts for now, but I will be looking back through the early parts of the day and posting something during the night cycle about my reads for the day. If anyone has a problem with this, too bad :P

For sake of generating everything I will be putting my vote on Araris Valerian to generate discussion, I should be getting on shortly before the cycle ends to change this if needed, and also before then.

3 minutes ago, Droughtbringer said:

For sake of generating everything I will be putting my vote on Araris Valerian to generate discussion, I should be getting on shortly before the cycle ends to change this if needed, and also before then.

What are your thoughts on Ornstein, whether he should be lynched or not? He is an inactive, and currently leading in votes.

I feel guilty, since he hasn't even logged on the Shard since Saturday.

Edited by Hemalurgic Headshot

Just now, Hemalurgic Headshot said:

What are your thoughts on Ornstein, whether he should be lynched or not? He is an inactive, and currently leading in votes.

I don't think that we should. Lynching inactives, at this point, is practically useless. We want to be able to generate information this game, instead of just lynching inactives. If that makes sense.

"Ornstein, Ornstein" Lamar the parrot cried. (wait, did the final empire have parrots? It doesn't seem like they would) In any case, it's a good point that it is important to keep people who are more active alive at this point and it doesn't look like my poke at Asterion is going anywhere. 

Might as well make a vote count.

Steeldancer (1): Drake

Ornstein (6): Seonid, Straw, Steeldancer, HH, Living Legend, Devotary

Drake (1): Araris

Straw (1): Nutella Spren

Asterion (1): Sart

This vote got swung from Asterion, who is lurking, to Ornstein, who isn't. Why?

Hmmm...

I have a feeling I’m going to get shot down for doing this later, but...

Steeldancer

Asterion

I’d sooner see a lurker get the noose than somebody who truly isn’t on the scene. Plus, Sart’s argument about Asterion dodging the lynch is probably the most coherent case for somebody being an elim I’ve heard yet, even if it is pretty insubstantial.

I wonder if @Seonid might consider this to be a sort of compromise, though I understand it might be too late in the cycle for that.

Edited by Drake Marshall
Trying to add voting colors on my phone