Glad to have you Aspen! 

The game is only 4 hours away from starting! I will continue to accept Signups until 1 minute after I post the First Day! If you are on the fence, please don't sign up unless you are sure you will be active.

If anyone has any requests for Write up shenanigans, PM me now, here or or Discord.

Day 1: A very fine carpet, sir.

The morning mist was beginning to burn away, but the ever present ashfalls kept the city of Luthadel shrouded in darkness. The Infiltrators quietly made their way through the streets, approaching sleeper agents and receiving their disguises. Quietly, they made their kills. Their targets were chosen specifically and carefully. People new to the city, or people who lived alone. People who were not well known.

The Infiltrators killed their marks, dumped the bodies in the slums, and stepped into the newly vacated lives. They pretended to start their day with the rest of the citizens. They greeted people as if they had previously met. They feigned sickness and non restful nights as reason for their forgetting previously held conversations.

They lied their way into positions of power, and prepared their bloody work.

Elend, Ham, and Dockson listened intently as OreSeur continued his retelling. “As I approached the open gate, I heard a man slip on the cobblestones behind me. When I turned to look, I saw a figure wearing a cloak running at me with a dark sword. He stabbed me through the chest, lifting me into the air. His sword was thrust expertly to puncture my lungs. He did not want me to cry out. More men appeared, closing the gate before anyone else could see it. They dragged me some distance away before dumping my body.”

“And you are certain it was this Mercenary? Fynn?” Dockson was the only one in the room asking questions. Elend stood, listening and nodding along. Hammond was simply leaning back in his chair, while Vin dozed off in hers.

“I recognized that sword. Larger than most, and dark. He worked for Lord Cett 3 years ago, and operates in the West mostly.”

“Thank you OreSeur.” Elend dismissed him, before turning to the others. “So I’m assuming these men are saboteurs?”

“Or assassins.” said Ham. “Or Both. Either way, we need to start looking for anyone who has shown up. Check the Slums, and the thieving crews. I’ll have the men start looking in to it.”

“And I will start writing up a list of new arrivals.” Dockson drew out a fresh sheet of paper. “They certainly had insider knowledge. Someone on the inside is helping them.”

“Alright. Thank you Gentlemen.” Everyone save Vin rose as Elend continued. “Keep me in the loop, and get to work.”

The Game has officially begun! Please remember that PM’s are only allowed at Night! For this first Day, there will be a 3 vote minimum to lynch a player. Starting on Day 2, there will be a 2 vote minimum. There will be a lynch if there is a tie. There may be multiple. All PM’s will be sent out within the next 10 minutes. If you do not have a PM, say so here.

Remember, Manukos and I are the GM’s, Alvron is the IM. Happy Murders!

Day 1 will end in

bla_1514530800.png

Player List:

Steeldancer   -   A dancer who wears steel toed boots.
Straw   -   Adfus Syponr, A man who believes in Luck and Chance.
Droughtbringer   -   Fake Joe, a man who tempts the wrath of the Gods.
Devotary of Spontaneity   -   Varun, a man who asks all the right Questions.
Asterion137   -   Ashimar, a man so quiet, he goes unseen.
Seonid   -   Count Sen Conrad the III, a man unrelated to something or other.
Hemalurgic Headshot   -   Marv, Nothing unusual about him.
LivingLegend   -   Lamar, a parrot who loves Seasonal things.
Darkness_   -   Jax Sangrin, a man who loves boxes
Drake Marshall   -   Jay, Luthadel’s illiterate Librarian
shanerockes   -   Phillip, the first of his line
ShaneyRus   -   Lyv, who loves short names with rare letters
Ornstein   -   Thorn, a sharp prickly person
Nuttallaspren   -   Norys, a chocolate maker.
Araris Valerian   -   Aralis Penrod, a noble nobleman
Sart   -   Lord Tuy, probably not Hoid.
Aspen   -   A young Gardener

• Alvron locked this topic

Should we start with the traditional discussion of whether to lynch someone on day one? It fascinates me that although it seems this discussion comes up in most games, I think every game I have played we end up lynching someone anyway. I suppose that could be because fourteen of us could agree to lynch no one, but the remaining three only have to agree on any one player and there would still be a lynch. Asterion137, You were bad in LG40, so you couldn't possibly be bad in LG41 right? 

Ok since Rand isn't in this game, I'm going to hijack his thing of analyzing roles. This'll keep me from being lazy and not paying attention to rules, as I am apt to do some times. 

Thug 1: find valuable roles in PMs, protect them. 

Thug 2: no notes, your role is passive.

Tineye 1: please stay alive, so we can have PMs. If you have to prevent a lynch on you, it might be beneficial to role claim. 

Tineye 2: vote on different people each day, and tell trusted individuals. Try to stay alive. 

Lurcher 1: attract kills? A wasted elim kill on you is great, unless you're an elim. 

Lurcher 2: find valuable roles in PMs, protect them. 

Coinshot 1: if someone has this role, they're the Mistborn, and need to die. Preferably after they kill many elims. 

Coinshot 2: just keep jumping around each night, to avoid kills. 

Seeker 1: target new people each night, also if you target someone twice and get two different metal results, they're the mistborn. 

Seeker 2: same as seeker 1, but don't trust your results. Try to check them if you can. 

Rioter 1: Riot votes wisely. 

Rioter 2: Riot actions wisely, please. Your role can be very useful for finding the mistborn and the elims, but you can also mess up valuable village actions.

Soother 1: Soothe votes wisely. 

Soother 2: same goes for you as Rioter 2, except you just cancel actions. No redirection. Please be careful. We don't want to cancel a protect on our Tineye 1 or something. 

Smoker 1: your votes cannot be changed. No real notes here. Just vote, i guess. 

Smoker 2: protect valuable roles, if you can. If the elims can't find valuable roles, that's great. 

@shanerockes

@Aspen

@nutellaspren

I just want to say welcome to our 3 new players in this game. It's always fun to see new faces here, and i hope you enjoy it. That being said, I want you guys to say hello in this thread, so that we know you're still committed to playing. This time of year can be especially hectic, but hopefully it means you aren't distracted with classes or jobs.

@A Joe in the Bush is there an inactivity filter for this game? There's always a risk that someone goes inactive this time of year, and I would rather not waste a vote on them.

58 minutes ago, Sart said:

@A Joe in the Bush is there an inactivity filter for this game? There's always a risk that someone goes inactive this time of year, and I would rather not waste a vote on them.

The inactivity filter for this game is lenient, due to the PM Mechanics. If the Tineye 1 were to go inactive, and be filtered out, the village would have taken a blow through no action on the part of the Elims. At some point in the game, we will remove players who haven't posted in several cycles. We will give those players a 1 cycle warning though.

Additionally, I would like to remind everyone voting that 2 votes are required for a lynch. So even if votes are cast, the eternal D1 Lynch dispute will be decided in favor of none if there are not at least 2 votes on someone.

However, I am not sure of who to vote on. I see no reason to vote on Asterion, because Legend's reason is terrible and equates to nothing more than a poke vote. The vote on Drake is simply a base to start discussion and provide evidence for more voting.

I believe that it would be best to bring variety to the voting pool. Devotary. You have yet to make an appearance, state your opinions, and this one vote will not hurt you. This also provides subsequent voters more established candidates for a lynch, so blame them, not me, if you get lynched. Not saying that you will, or anything. *knock on wood*

Edit: It might help if I tag you @Devotary of Spontaneity.

Edited by Hemalurgic Headshot

Joe's opening post for this day indicates that we need three votes in order to lynch someone today. If we're poke voting everybody, I will vote for Seonid, who has said that he looks forward to being active this game.

I would also like to add on to Steeldancer's post and mention that seeker 1 cannot necessarily trust their results as they may have been redirected by rioter 2.

27 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Joe's opening post for this day indicates that we need three votes in order to lynch someone today. If we're poke voting everybody, I will vote for Seonid, who has said that he looks forward to being active this game.

I would also like to add on to Steeldancer's post and mention that seeker 1 cannot necessarily trust their results as they may have been redirected by rioter 2.

Thank you for pointing out the three votes bit. I had overlooked that and went directly to Day 2.

32 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Good point, i forgot about that. But in general, seeker 1 is more reliable than seeker 2. It might be best to double check your results. 

Well hello everybody.

@Araris Valerian that was a little rude given how I was lynched C1 the last game I played. And I clearly hadn't deserved it in that game, now, had I? :D

Regardless. I feel bad about voting on the person who so far has made the biggest discussion in the game. But, Steeldancer. I have a feeling. I quite wish I had more to say than that, but, well, it is the beginning of the game. I suppose "a feeling" is about as good as we can hope for this early.

Edited by Drake Marshall

9 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

Well hello everybody.

@Araris Valerian that was a little rude given how I was lynched C1 the last game I played. And I clearly hadn't deserved it in that game, now, had I? :D

Regardless. I feel bad about voting on the person who so far has made the biggest discussion in the game. But, Steeldancer. I have a feeling. I quite wish I had more to say than that, but, well, it is the beginning of the game. I suppose "a feeling" is about as good as we can hope for this early.

Meh. You know why you got lynched cycle one that game. *ahem MR25ahem*

I'm... sorry?  

Oh, and does anyone know if this game is role madness? 

Um, maybe we should lynch Straw? Since the elim win condition is to lynch Joe and all.

Edit: To that end, we definitely need to lynch somebody this cycle. There was a previous LG where we lost because we decided a no-lynch D1 and the elims lynched the captain last minute.

Edited by Araris Valerian