2 hours ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

the new thread being posted might be delayed

I don't expect you to confirm or deny, but I take it that means there's a chance the game could end after tonight?

My seeking right now won't be terribly useful. Both HH and shanerockes won't appear to have burnt any metals, unless we've missed something fundamental. I'll put in a seeking order anyhow, but I don't expect that it'll do much good.

I recommend everyone else put in their orders.

If we assume the eliminator does have an extra life, that risks letting them die tonight. If we assume the eliminator doesn't have an extra life, that risks making this easier for the elims than we want to. Personally, I think it's safer to assume that the elim doesn't have an extra life, but your call, Seonid.

I'll level with you, I put our odds at winning under 50% after last cycle. Still, it was fun, and that's what matters. Goodnight.

The Writeup will be coming.

Hemalurgic Headshot was killed by the Mistborn. He was a Eliminator Seeker 1 and Assassin!

Shanerockes has been killed by the Eliminators! He was a Village Smoker 2!

The cycle will end in 

bla_1515567600.png or bla_1515654000.png
Your Choice.

Surviving Players!
Seonid!       Straw!       Steeldancer!       SDrake Marshall!

Edited by A Joe in the Bush

So...I was roleblocked. Thanks Steeldancer. Of course you would roleblock my protection. So you could kill HH without interference. By the way - I told you all so. Now I get to gloat about being right in the shadow of being so, so wrong.

I've been so blind. This whole game. Well played. Well played indeed. I should read the rules more closely - Soother is a mistborn power. And you told the absolute truth. Games not over yet, so there's one more Elim out there. Good news for them, I guess. If we get lucky, we can lynch Steel today and the Elim will kill him tonight. And then we have 3 players left, one evil. And I can't see either Drake or Straw being evil. One of you fooled me pretty good. Well played. Well played to you and Steeldancer.

Tricky odds. But it's a chance. I'll take it.

Well well. We have some problems. I'm a bit surprised that the game is still running, but I can roll with that.

Question: Why didn't Seonid protect HH?

Answer: Well, I happen to know he was soothed.

Question: Why did Steeldancer soothe Seonid then?

Answer: I recently had the opportunity to read the description of Straw's powers. And I will confess, I cannot see anything in there that would imply that Steeldancer isn't the mistborn. It explicitly addresses what happens if the target has multiple powers, and being granted soother 2 is a perfectly valid result from targeting a mistborn. I'll admit to being rather surprised that everyone was so sure the power cleared Steel, but I suppose it is understandable for details to fall through the cracks when there is an unfamiliar and unexpected ability in play.

Question: So who's the last eliminator, if the game is still running?

Answer: I know exactly who it is, but I rather hope you weren't expecting me to tell. Whether it be myself or another, it is in my interest to give the eliminator a fighting chance. Also, I suspect it will be more entertaining this way.

You know, at one point or another I've probably accused every player in this game. So excuse me if I find it utterly amusing that Steeldancer was the first person I accused.

I reckon Steeldancer is probably about to win. Please accept my congratulations on a game well played, and also my vote for your demise.

Well, I don't really feel like dying today. On the bright side, I'm almost 100% sure Seonid is the last elim!:D

If you really think I'm going to die without a fight, you're oh so wrong. 

Also, seriously seonid, how do you do it? I never got a single elim vibe from you, not once. I had to look back closely to find anything against you! You'll need to teach me, after I've killed you.

Also Joe, really? SDrake Marshall? :lol:

This also means I can FINALLY post all the songs about killing I've made up! I've been lonely. 

Also, I would be more than fine with ending this cycle a day early. I'm sure we're all eager to get on with trying to kill each other. 

I also have some thanks I need to hand out, because I'm feeling pretty good about winning at this point, so why wait?

Straw, only luck kept you from finding me out. Instead, you gave me exactly what I needed. Thanks, and well played. 

Drake, you've been a great villager. I appreciate your suspicion of me, and I also appreciate your failure to lynch me. Well played. 

Seonid, as I mentioned before, you had me fooled. I could learn a few things from you on how to be a better villager. I also appreciate you not killing me last night! If you had, I wouldn't be able to pull off a win. 

And now, one of my parodies: To Kill a Man

To Kill a Man, you must be swifter than Steel compounders

To kill a man, you must be strong as when flaring pewter

To kill a man, you must be patient as antsy Pulsers 

Mysterious as the dark side of the Mists! 

Edited by Steeldancer

I don't suppose I have much to say., except that it is somewhat comforting that @Steeldancer can be as wrong about the last Elim as I was about the Mistborn.

But other than that, I don't think I can shift that vote. The village needs me alive tonight to have a chance at winning - if I can block Steel's kill then either the Elim kills Steel and we have a chance at finding the last Elim, or Steel soothes the last Elim, in which case we have a replay of today, except with Steel's vote on the Elim. And so I suspect that Steel is going to keep his vote right where it is, to have a chance of getting rid of the protection possibility before the night turn. It's a long shot, to be sure.

But, in the (slightly paraphrased) words of an inspiring heroine:

"If we make it through this lynch, then we'll take the next chance, and the next, until we win...or until the chances are spent."

Also - call it 4 votes to end the day whenever the possibility comes up.

5 minutes ago, Seonid said:

I don't suppose I have much to say., except that it is somewhat comforting that @Steeldancer can be as wrong about the last Elim as I was about the Mistborn.

But other than that, I don't think I can shift that vote. The village needs me alive tonight to have a chance at winning - if I can block Steel's kill then either the Elim kills Steel and we have a chance at finding the last Elim, or Steel soothes the last Elim, in which case we have a replay of today, except with Steel's vote on the Elim. And so I suspect that Steel is going to keep his vote right where it is, to have a chance of getting rid of the protection possibility before the night turn. It's a long shot, to be sure.

But, in the (slightly paraphrased) words of an inspiring heroine:

"If we make it through this lynch, then we'll take the next chance, and the next, until we win...or until the chances are spent."

Also - call it 4 votes to end the day whenever the possibility comes up.

Sorry Seonid, but I find it kind of hilarious that you think that you're going to convince me- or anyone else- otherwise. I'll bring up the evidence, because I don't have much else to do right now. 

Straw is cleared by his role, which he would only target his fellow elims if he was elim, so hes out. 

That leaves Drake and you. That's it. Would the elims really get both seekers? Nah. Plus, drake is so village it almost hurts. An elim would not dream of being a mayor, because mayors get killed. Another good point in his favor, is his thing about voting on so many people. You, you were much more surgical in your votes. Also, there was the whole thing with him and Darkness. 

You, have no excuses. Your individual posts are very village, which is what had me fooled. But you've never been cleared. At all. Plus, it makes perfect sense balance wise to have an elim be invincible to night kills, so I couldn't just rampage with night kills. And that's on top of a very comforting gut feeling that you are the last elim. Ironically, it was me mistaking your role that made me look at you closer, and realize that you could actually be an elim. Once again, I need to learn that while a person can act village in posts, they still can be revealed as elim through their actual actions. Saying things is easy. I am curious what the third secret is, which is what you must have. Well played, Seonid, but seriously, there comes a time when the act really isn't required anymore. 

Anyway, I hope you guys are aware that I am going to win this game. Sorry, but you took too long to figure me out. I'll either win today, or after the next night turn. I'm not trying to be rude, just facing facts. 

I also think you guys will enjoy the document I created to do all my work in. It gets a little crazy. 

4 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

Sorry Seonid, but I find it kind of hilarious that you think that you're going to convince me- or anyone else- otherwise. I'll bring up the evidence, because I don't have much else to do right now. 

Straw is cleared by his role, which he would only target his fellow elims if he was elim, so hes out. 

That leaves Drake and you. That's it. Would the elims really get both seekers? Nah. Plus, drake is so village it almost hurts. An elim would not dream of being a mayor, because mayors get killed. Another good point in his favor, is his thing about voting on so many people. You, you were much more surgical in your votes. Also, there was the whole thing with him and Darkness. 

You, have no excuses. Your individual posts are very village, which is what had me fooled. But you've never been cleared. At all. Plus, it makes perfect sense balance wise to have an elim be invincible to night kills, so I couldn't just rampage with night kills. And that's on top of a very comforting gut feeling that you are the last elim. Ironically, it was me mistaking your role that made me look at you closer, and realize that you could actually be an elim. Once again, I need to learn that while a person can act village in posts, they still can be revealed as elim through their actual actions. Saying things is easy. I am curious what the third secret is, which is what you must have. Well played, Seonid, but seriously, there comes a time when the act really isn't required anymore. 

Anyway, I hope you guys are aware that I am going to win this game. Sorry, but you took too long to figure me out. I'll either win today, or after the next night turn. I'm not trying to be rude, just facing facts. 

I also think you guys will enjoy the document I created to do all my work in. It gets a little crazy. 

If the act serves no purpose, why are you asking him to drop it? :)

Also, allow me to settle this one. I'm not Luthadel's mayor. I'm Luthadel's Marshall.

Anyways, I'll see you tomorrow. Peace out.

LG41: Checkmate

Elend watched as the twin armies of his Father and Lord Cett marched towards his city. Hammond, Clubs and Dockson stood beside him. It had been a harrowing week of rooting out dissension in his city, made worse by the realization that someone very skilled had been enflaming his emotions to throw the city into chaos. Now he had Clubs and his boys smoking him day and night to prevent any more episodes, and Vin was out hunting the Mistborn who had done it.

“Did we get the last of Cett’s Infiltrators?” He asked over his shoulder.

“There are still two.” Dockson replied, pulling out a parchment. “Fynn Seidel, the mercenary, and Count Senn Conrad.”

“Do we know why Conrad defected yet?”
“My men found Letters Elend,” Hammond replied, “from King Cett. He promised Conrad the governorship of the Central Dominance. We’re still trying to find them both. They vanished when the kooky Assassin, Marv, was killed by the Mistborn. They rightly fear him.”

“I still think it might be Vin.” Clubs muttered.

Elend firmly shook his head. “Vin could do this, but she would be sure first. She wouldn’t slaughter that many innocents to do it. She would also be a lot more effective.”

“Then why didn’t she find them already?” Clubs challenged.

Elend didn’t reply, and they lapsed into silence as the armies made camp.

Jay tied the coat and pants together, then began to sew gloves onto the sleeves. Just the coat had worked on the Skaa guard, but it wouldn’t help much against the Mistborn. He wanted as much might as he could bring to bear against this Mistborn.

Which meant more than just awakening his clothing. He couldn’t feel it, but he was constantly aware of the lack of feeling. The spot spot on his right shoulder, near the collarbone. The small Bronze nail he had jammed in there as per his employer’s orders. It had given him the allomantic power of Bronze. Seeking. He hadn’t known how to use it at first, but his teacher had instructed him in the basics.

But he still had the second nail, the Steel one. This one would grant him a Physical power. He was hoping to be a coinshot, but he would be glad for being a Thug or Lurcher. Or even a Tineye.

He sighed, then grabbed a vial of physical metals. He pulled off the cap and downed the entire concoction, suppressing his gag reflex as the cold metal slid down his throat. Then, squeezing his eyes shut, he rammed the Steel spike into his left shoulder. He gasped at the pain, and his arm spasmed. Within himself, in the same way he sensed his Breath, a new metal reserve appeared.

He burned it. Strength flowed through him, and the pain seemed to lessen. A thousand dull aches he had never noticed before vanished, leaving him revitalized. He opened his eyes and grinned. He was a Pewterarm now. He just needed to talk to his teacher to figure out how to best use it.

Adfus Syponr sat in the small garden behind his house. He breathed in and out steadily as the morning progressed. He could hear the fear in the crowds that passed by his house. He could hear the fear restrained as they called out greetings, or asked for news.

Their noise made it hard to meditate, and he needed the meditation more than ever this morning. He needed the peace. It seemed that his life had been nothing but a series of mistakes, from when he started training as a Hazekiller under Lord Tormander, to when he ran away to Luthadel following the death of The Lord Ruler. He had wanted to atone for the atrocities he had committed against his fellow Skaa, and thought that coming to help the Skaa government in Luthadel would work.

Instead he had taught a homicidal Mistborn how to thoroughly break his foes, and then taught a traitor how to protect his comrades. Only Jay had been an honest pupil. He had come for an education, and tried to use it to stop the others. He had nearly succeeded, but now The Dancer couldn’t be stopped.

“Master Syponr?”
Adfus sighed, giving up on meditation. “I am not your master Jay, nor anyone else’s. Jax is more of a master than I.” He opened his eyes and patted the bench beside him. “Have you come for more help with your bronze, or to deliver news?”

Jay walked forward and settled down. “Actually, i implanted the second spike before coming here. I can burn Pewter now as well.”

Learning of Hemalurgy had set Adfus’s mind afire, before he had reigned himself in. In Lord Tormander’s service, he had killed a fair share of mistings, and even a few mistborn. If he had known of Hemalurgy then. . .

But no. He was done with all that. “Well that’s good news. What do you plan to do with it?”

“Hopefully, recruit you, Fynn, and Conrad, and kill this Mistborn once and for all. You in?”

Atonement. One last Kill, remove another, far worse killer. “I’m in. Let me teach you how to utilize Pewter.”

Count Sen Conrad grabbed more Iron vials and downed them. There might have been worse times than the coming escape to run out of Iron, but he would be hard pressed to think of them. “If we get seperated, where do we meet up?”

Fynn looked up from where he was setting stack of paper and clothing on fire. “Meet up? I’m heading back to base. Various and Nis can’t afford to lose me. I have been authorized to offer you a job as a mercenary for Blackened Silver though. You’ve done good work.”

“I’m a nobleman, not a thug.”

Fynn shrugged. “Not anymore. Offer is still open if you ever change your mind. What do you plan to do next?”

Fynn was right. None of the Dominances would recognize his noble status anymore. He had nothing to Offer Cett, and he had betrayed Elend. The other Ventures were killing or enslaving the Nobles that hadn’t cooperated immediately, and Nobles were just vanishing in the South. “I have estate and Family in a town named Tyrian Falls. It’s time for me to retire.”

The fire was starting to spread from the piles to the walls. The air began to dry out. “Alright Conrad, ready to leave the city?”

“Lead the way glorious Leader.”

The two slung their packs onto their backs, and Fynn grabbed his black sword. They hurried out into the busy street as Skaa began to take notice of the flame appearing in the windows of the safehouse. They ducked through the crowd and ran for the Pewter gate.

When the large gate was in sight, the crowd started to thin, and Fynn grabbed Conrad’s arm. “Sen, do you hear, singing?”

“I kill hard (HE KILLS LOTS)

Every day of my life

I kill till I ache in my bones

At the end (AT THE END OF THE DAY)

I take home my hard earned blood all on my own

I get down (DOWN) on my knees (KNEES)

And I start to pray

Till the tears run down from my eyes

Lord somebody (SOMEBODY), ooh somebody

(PLEASE) can anybody find me somebody to kill?

Everyday (EVERYDAY) I try and I try and I try

But everybody wants to pull me down

They say I'm going crazy

They say I got a lot of water in my brain

Ah, got no common sense

I got nobody left to believe in

Yeah yeah yeah yeah

Oh God

Ooh somebody, ooh somebody

Can anybody find me somebody to kill?”

The crowd below Zane was almost gone. They had all seen him Steel push his way up here after disemboweling the Guards who had tried to stop him. He grinned as he scanned the remaining onlookers. A few were guards trying to figure out what to do, some where just fool hardy Skaa, and two, at the front of the crowd, were traitors.

“Thank you God, for the information and the Backup Singing.”

DON’T MENTION IT

“Finally, I get to kill the last of the Spiders. I will prove my worth to Vin!”

Below, the mercenary drew a Blackend blade out of a sheathe, and began no cautiously advance on the gate. The other drew out a thick wooden shield and followed close at his heels.

“Showtime God. Are you going to tell me to do it?”

KILL THEM ALL ZANE!

He grinned, then threw out a double handful of coins and jumped off the gate wall. He flared steel and pushed the coins towards the two of them. The swordsman sidestepped, and the Lurcher stepped forward. The coins abruptly narrowed in on him. But Zane was ready for that. He extinguished his Steel and flared iron, stopping the coins in midair and pulling the lurcher off his feet. The man yelped as he slammed into his own shield. The pull on the coins abruptly ceased, and the sped towards the still falling Mistborn.

He smiled again, and stopped pulling on them while simultaneously pushing himself to the side so they shot past him. He pulled on the same piece of metal to position himself, then pushed against the coins now flattened against the wall. He shot towards the prone Lurcher, but the swordsman stepped in swinging.

Zane pulled up on several anchors, arcing over Fynn and landing in a crouch beyond them. He grabbed for his bags, ripped them open, and sprayed them at the pair.

Instead of them being ripped apart by loose change, the spray struck an even larger wooden shield than Conrad’s. It bounced and rolled away from them, smacking into a storefront. Zane looked for the source, and snarled.

Jay, the Librarian, and Adfus, the Hazekiller, stood there. Adfus was unhooking a Second massive shield from his back while staring serenely at him. Jay was talking to several suits of clothing that appeared to be walking under their own power.

INTERFERENCE. EDGLI, I WILL COME FOR YOU NEXT FOR THIS.

“Fynn Seidel!” Jay called out. “I would like to propose an alliance. If you and Conrad leave town, we will assist you in fighting against The Steel Dancer.”

“Proposal accepted!” Fynn turned and said something to Conrad, who nodded.

“Thank you all for sparing me the need of hunting you down.” Zane smirked. “This way I can kill 4 birds with one stone.”

“No time for banter I’m afraid.” Jay said. “Grab and Hold Steeldancer!” The 4 suits surged forward.

Zane cursed, and dropped a coin. It immediately shot away from him, towards Conrad who was backing up towards the wall. All the coins in the square were heading for his shield. Zane snarled, then pulled himself backwards and upwards towards a store window. He landed in a backwards crouch on the gable, and pulled two obsidian daggers from their sheathes in his shirt. He didn’t have any more metal vials or coins, but he had large reserves of all the metals. Jay, Adfus and Fynn had grouped together, and appeared to be discussing strategy. Conrad was still gathering all the metal in street, and the suits were attempting to climb the walls of the building.

He had to act now. He reached inward, and burned Zinc. He enflamed all three of their paranoia’s. They warily inched away from each other and slowly began to turn their weapons away from Zane, but then Adfus shook his head. “Wait, he’s rioting us. Just split up and keep him grounded.”

damnation.

He flared steel, and pushed off the window latch. He heard it snap, but it slammed into something solid, and still provided him with an anchor. He twisted and spun in midair, slamming into the hastily raised shield of Adfus. It shattered, and both of them went sprawling. Zane jumped up, and immediately dodged back away from Fynn’s slash. Jay lunged forward in an attempted bear hug. Zane slashed at him, but his knives were smacked aside by the tassels of his cloak. He flared pewter and lunged backward, deflecting another sword stroke.

He continued to step back as they continued their assault, not giving him time to recover or attack them. He frowned and defended himself, leading them further into his trap. Once they were near enough the gate, he abruptly pulled himself to the side, leaving them behind. Adfus was still recovering from his first blow. He was on all fours and coughing up blood.

Entirely unprotected.

He flared steel and iron and snapped away from the wall towards the hazekiller. Adfus looked up in horror, and began to move aside, but Zane closed the gap, slamming his daggers through his chest and neck. He yanked them out, then pewter kicked the corpse into the ambulatory clothing that was finally closing the distance on him.

ONE DOWN, BUT CONRAD HAS ESCAPED.

“What?” He spun around. Jay and Fynn were still charging him, but Conrad was no where to be seen. “He ran?”

INDEED.

He didn’t have time for games anymore. He waited for them to get closer, then finally, burned Atium. Shadows burst forward from them, showing him their every move. Oddly, they were both skidding to a halt, and as their real counterparts followed suit, Fynn pulled something from his coat. Zane sprung forward as Shadow Fynn activated a small ruby studded device. He stabbed forward, cursing as they vanished into light.

HUH. THAT WAS TANAVAST’S INVESTITURE. WHAT IS HE DOING?

Zane screamed in the empty square. “Where are they God?!”

GONE. I WILL NEED TO INVESTIGATE THAT DEVICE. IT TOOK THEM BEYOND SCADRIAL’S BORDERS.

“Well, the City is cleared of Cett’s Spiders at least.”

INDEED.

“Then it is time.”

The sun was just beginning to set as Zane landed on Vin’s balcony. She wasn’t in her room, so he opened the door and entered, surveying her small domain. Stacks of paper carpeted the floor, giving him no room to walk. He frowned, and stepped back onto the balcony to wait. The mist began to flow in, pulsating around him.

Vin’s door opened. She walked in, yawning and holding a lit lantern. She crept forward, dodging piles of paper until she reached her desk. She extinguished the lantern and sighed.

Zane stepped forward, and the balcony creaked below him. Vin spun, her hand reaching for a dagger, but she froze when she saw him.

“It’s time.”

“Time for what?” Vin asked.

“To go,” Zane said, “to leave these men and their armies. To leave the Squabbling. To be free.”

“I. . . I don’t know Zane.”

“Where would you go Vin? If you weren’t bound here, if you were free to do as you pleased, where would you go?”

She hesitated, “North. To Terris

“We can go there. Wherever you want. Location is irrelevant to me, as long as it is not this place.

“I can’t abandon them,” Vin said.

“Even if by doing so, you steal me away? It is an even trade.” Zane replied. “My father will know I am gone, but will be unaware of your disappearance. He will be too afraid to attack.” He reached out and took her hand. She stared at him, searching his face for something. “You can save me Vin.”

He pulled her towards him, and slowly, she began to follow. She reached for a vial of metal, and he tensed up momentarily, but she was just preparing for the trip. Together, they burned Steel, and jumped away into the Mist.

THE GAME IS OVER! STEELDANCER, THE UNSTABLE MISTBORN, HAS WON THE DAY!

If you're wondering, both Seonid and Steel were lynched.

Thank you all for playing, GM's Final thought's will be posted soon, for now, enjoy several docs!

The Master Spread Sheet

The Eliminator Doc

The Mistborn Doc

The Spectator Doc

The Dead Doc

The Secrets:

The First secret was small. It was the Mistborn's ability to Riot Elend's Vote. It was not all that important.

The Second Secret was much bigger.

Retired Hazekiller:

Three times in the game, you can target a player, and teach them the other variant of their misting power. You will know what ability you granted them.

If you target a Player that does not have a Allomantic role, they gain no power, and this does not count as a use. If you target a player with multiple allomantic powers, they will learn a random ability.

If you teach a player a killing ability, their alignment changes to neutral.

This role is guaranteed Village. If there are any other Retired Hazekillers, they will also be Village.

Straw used this role to teach the Mistborn how to Roleblock, the Lead Eliminator how to protect his teamates, and Drake Marshall how to seek better after all the roles were public.

The Third Secret was smaller, and a lot funner

You are a Madman! Your mind is cracked and broken. You can speak with the dead as easily as the living. They are not certain of your identity, but you know theirs.

Seonid had a Lurcher Hemalurgic Spike, which cracked his mind enough to allow him permanent access to the dead doc. He mostly used it to have fun. The only strategic information he got from it was Araris's scans.

What a game! What a rush! What a win!

I wrote a lot of thoughts in the doc I wrote up, I recommend reading it. 

This, was so much fun. I almost felt bad a couple of times, killing you all... but then I felt less bad. 

Joe, great game. This was good for me as a player, and good for me having fun. 

A lot of the things you read into were complete accidents, resulting from going to bed before the lynch ended. It was very funny. 

Seonid, I have no idea how you pull off sounding so village. Very, very well played. 

It's this kind of game that for me, SE is all about. I probably won't be able to have the chance to pull off something that dramatic again for a while, but man what a pay off. 

Our new players, Aspen, Shane, and Shaney and Nutella, I'm sorry for actively working towards your deaths! I hope you'll join us again, and be more confident in sharing your voice with the village.  I hope everyone had fun, even if I was killing all of you. :lol:

Well I just finished reading the docs, and dang I came so close to dying. 

And I WAS RIGHT ABOUT HEMALURGY. just wrong about the purpose of it. Dang it. 

Well played everyone! 

Oh yeah, I ended up with Vin. Twist ending ;) I love your write ups Joe, I aspire to get to the point where they are that cool. 

I didn't expect to be cleared by the thing with straw. I expected to come under flack... And it never came. Just like I forgot about HH, you guys forgot about me lol. 

BTW, the reason I didn't try to arrange for HHs death day 4 was because honestly I went to bed. Which seems to be the source of many of my problems. 

Edited by Steeldancer
Fixing grammar, adding stuff, and forgot a person

Great game Joe! I enjoyed the fairly straightforward rules and the twists added a lot of flavor. Unfortunately all the exciting stuff happened after I was dead, but I was keyed in on Drake as an eliminator, so I wuldn't have been much good regardless. Nice job winning Steeldancer. I think your the first SE player to get in a relationship with Vin :D.