Scan result from HH: No metals burned.

I have a lot more to say. Aspen could be the mistborn. There is one other possibility we really need to look at as well. More on that later.

For now:

5 minutes ago, Straw said:

@Seonid yep, it should make perfect sense to you. I’d appreciate if you used your new power on me tonight.

Yeah something's wrong. Please explain what's going on here, and why this power-changing business is so secretive.

I smell hemalurgy.

Just now, Straw said:

@Steeldancer the game probably started with four Elims, so if the Mistborn kills one, there would still be two left.

Um, I thought that earlier, until Araris pointed out that with 4 members, and one of them at least having vote manip, they would be able to dominate as a block. Especially with the mistborn involved, I'm pretty sure it's just 3. 

Very well, I'll go with that explanation, Straw. Sounds pretty legit.

In that case I wonder why Araris never spoke up when I asked several times if anyone targeted Straw on the first night. I was certain Straw was a Seeker 1.

So... Down to business, now that the whole ability-gaining thing is settled.

The options are dwindling. Everything that seemed at all likely has proven false.

The only remaining option seems to be @Aspen. Aspen hasn't said basically anything, but despite seeming inactive, has been online in all of the correct timeframes to put in kill orders and vote manipulation orders. What's more, I don't think shanerockes could be the mistborn given the placement of last cycle's vote manipulation... And I'm almost positve that HH is the assassin given the results of my seeking.

And yet... I don't like it. I don't really think I can picture Aspen deliberately pretending to be inactive, which is what he would have to have been doing if he were the mistborn. This feels very, very wrong. If the cycle ends 24 hours early and nothing changes, I can't shake the feeling that this will end the game. And I am thus in favor of this cycle lasting a full 48 hours.

We've been lead on quite the goose chase, haven't we? We have some "cleared" people and some "suspect" people, and we've been steadily lynching all of the suspect ones. What if we've been looking in the wrong place? What if ignoring all of those "cleared" people was all a big mistake?

Incidentally, most of those "cleared" people actually have hard evidence to support their case.

...Most. One of them does not. We've all gotten a super-good vibe off of Seonid, myself included... But he isn't cleared. Not really. In fact, I do believe that he is capable of orchestrating this kind of goose chase. From a certain light, it makes perfect sense that Seonid took the mistborn threat seriously before others did. It was a great way to keep himself above suspicion... And it worked. Even when I was 100% convinced that Darkness was evil, I will admit that I was rather surprised to see Seonid backing me up on that, because I felt I really hadn't done a very good job explaining why I thought Darkness was evil.

Once upon a time I chose to trust Seonid, because I thought there were other possibilities that made much, much more sense. But now all of those possibilities are dead, and personally, I think Aspen is less probable than Seonid. I don't really want to do this, but the more I think about it, the more things snap into place.

Seonid.

I can positively hear Darkness' shade screaming "I told you so" from the cognitive realm. Or maybe he isn't. I'll know soon enough, lol.

But seriously, we can't keep ingoring Seonid merely because of gut read, as confident as we are in that read (particularly since our gut is calibrated to finding elims). Literally everyone else has real evidence that at least implies that they aren't mistborn, except Seonid.

EDIT:

@Steeldancer@Straw@Seonid@Hemalurgic Headshot@shanerockes@Aspen

Edited by Drake Marshall

Yeah, I’m in favor of ending the cycle early.

EDIT: @A Joe in the Bush, I’ve changed my mind about ending the cycle early. I have something important that I just noticed. It appears that this writeup has some in-game information in it. In the writeup, Fynn says the following things:

-Straw is a retired Hazekiller.

-Shanerockes and Aspen are not the Mistborn.

-Drake Marshall is the assassin.

-Seonid is a villager.

-Straw has used his power on Steeldancer.

From this information, I think that the  Eliminator team consists of @Drake Marshall, @shanerockes, and   @Aspen, and the Mistborn is @Hemalurgic Headshot.

Edited by Straw
Edited to include important information

19 minutes ago, Straw said:

EDIT: @A Joe in the Bush, I’ve changed my mind about ending the cycle early. I have something important that I just noticed. It appears that this writeup has some in-game information in it. In the writeup, Fynn says the following things:

-Seonid is a villager.

From this information, I think that the  Eliminator team consists of @Drake Marshall, @shanerockes, and   @Aspen, and the Mistborn is @Hemalurgic Headshot.

Do you really believe the writeup would reveal half that much?

I'm a little surprised that it substantiated Straw's claim, but... I'm pretty sure the bit about me refers to my RP. Jay stole some things. Although I will note that he didn't actually kill anybody. All he did was choke a guard unconscious with an awakened coat, and bonk a sleepy fellow on the head to stop him from getting out of bed.

Anyway, even if I were the assassin, why would I lie about my scan result on HH? It clears HH of being the mistborn, and if I were an eliminator, I would not want to lie about my scan result on HH and save the mistborn from getting lynched. That would be a really, really bad idea for me. So I don't really see how any of this works out.

4 minutes ago, Straw said:

Eh, I just have a theory that one of the secrets is the writeup giving in-game information. Guess we’ll find out if that’s correct when Aspen gets lynched.

Sigh... Yes, we will find out.

2 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

I wouldn't mind a hammer. Unless anyone thinks there's more discussion to be had. 

I am not in favor of shortening the cycle, but if everybody is fixed on Aspen, I won't stand in the way.

34 minutes ago, Straw said:

-Seonid is a villager.

Sorry, no. For one, fynn mentioned all the players, including his own teamates. All of the info in the writeups was based off of RP, or the player descriptions i gave to people.

For the rest, i decided what i wanted to include, then attached random player names to them. (I did that whole thing to setup the Hobo Jax scene.)

The hints in the writeup should not be taken to be actual hints.

10 minutes ago, Straw said:

Eh, I just have a theory that one of the secrets is the writeup giving in-game information. Guess we’ll find out if that’s correct when Aspen gets lynched.

And no, that is not one of the secrets. (At least one secret has been actively discussed in thread. At least one secret is completely unknown to the people who don't know it.)

Okay, there's a complication.

I've just heard that my scan result on HH could indicate that HH was smoked.

Which, ironically, means that soothing/rioting is a much more effective tool for finding mistborns than seeking is. But I digress.

This means that my scan result doesn't clear HH from being the mistborn. He could either be the assassin or the mistborn, and I would have gotten those same results.

1 minute ago, Drake Marshall said:

Okay, there's a complication.

I've just heard that my scan result on HH could indicate that HH was smoked.

Which, ironically, means that soothing/rioting is a much more effective tool for finding mistborns than seeking is. But I digress.

This means that my scan result doesn't clear HH from being the mistborn. He could either be the assassin or the mistborn, and I would have gotten those same results.

Gotta Kill them all :P

@Drake Marshall, I understand your concerns. If I were in your place, I would share them.

In a weird coincidence, however, I do now have evidence in my favor. @Straw can confirm - due to the mechanics of how the Retired Hazekiller works - that I have a power (two of them, now) that is not on the Mistborn's list. I'd rather keep it both secret and safe for the moment, because it could be helpful in the endgame. If you want a claim, I'll claim though.

8 minutes ago, Seonid said:

@Drake Marshall, I understand your concerns. If I were in your place, I would share them.

In a weird coincidence, however, I do now have evidence in my favor. @Straw can confirm - due to the mechanics of how the Retired Hazekiller works - that I have a power (two of them, now) that is not on the Mistborn's list. I'd rather keep it both secret and safe for the moment, because it could be helpful in the endgame. If you want a claim, I'll claim though.

You don't need to role claim, but out of curiosity, are you the third secret? 

10 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

You don't need to role claim, but out of curiosity, are you the third secret? 

My role is just a normal one.

I am quite curious about the third one, though. Of the secrets we have discovered, one is part of the Mistborn's ability, one is a village role. That makes me wonder if the third secret is an Elim secret role or something.

10 minutes ago, Seonid said:

My role is just a normal one.

I am quite curious about the third one, though. Of the secrets we have discovered, one is part of the Mistborn's ability, one is a village role. That makes me wonder if the third secret is an Elim secret role or something.

That's exactly my fear. I've been pestering Joe about it since night 2 with the weird name about secrets. He told me after I went to bed that I had been targeted by the second secret, and... well I think I've guessed close to the third secret. I think it's something to do with hemalurgy, but they say I don't have it quite right, and so I never mentioned it in thread because it's not really anything concrete at all. 

My best thought was that maybe a player had the ability to steal abilities from the recently deceased. 

Edited by Steeldancer