Alright. Let's see what we can mine from the votes.

Elend Venture apparently voted for shanerockes. None of the 3 potential suspects (shanerockes, ShaneysRus, and Aspen) were on for the vote swing to Araris. That means that it's probably not a red herring (although ShaneysRus was on to vote for Araris, putting a second vote on the train, but wasn't on after that to see it grow into a majority.)

That means that the mistborn wanted shanerockes to be lynched over HH. Either they don't believe HH is an elim, or they weren't online to see the accusation. Either way, we are 90% sure that they wanted to lynch shanerockes, and so we can probably toss him out of consideration for being a mistborn.

That leaves 3 - ShaneysRus, Aspen, and HH. My read on HH is less firm than it was, but I still find elim!HH more likely than mistborn HH. ShaneysRus, as noted, was online to vote for Araris. It would be odd for the mistborn to vote for Araris themselves but riot Elend Venture onto the leading counter candidate.

For that reason, I find ShaneysRus to be less likely to be the mistborn than Aspen or HH. My current top suspicion is Aspen, followed by ShaneysRus, and then HH. Shanerockes is at the bottom.

If I've missed relevant information, please let me know and I'll update my opinions.

12 hours ago, Drake Marshall said:

On the bright side, it's probably in the elims' interest to help us take down the mistborn by now.

We can only hope.

@Steeldancer, are you a Soother 2 who was redirected to @Drake Marshall last night?

I'm reexamining all of my evidence trying to put things together to make sure I haven't missed anything and I realized that I couldn't piece the interaction between you and straw together. No set of roles provides both confirmation of what the role was and notification to the target.

In fact, the only roles that inform the target they were targeted and leave the target alive are Soother 2 and Rioter 2 (technically a protection role can notify the target, but only if they were attacked that night, and there were no announced failed attacks - and they don't tell the person who used them what role their target was).

Also, soother 2 cancels actions, so it can't confirm a role to straw. So straw must be a rioter 2. But how did Straw know what you were? Because Rioting does not inform the rioter what their target did.

So the only way rioter could know you were a soother is if you were a soother 2 and the redirected target announced it in-thread. Which is Drake Marshall. Which means that Darkness isn't cleared because there are 2 claimaints for the soother who hit Drake.

Somebody tell me if I'm wrong, because I don't want to be right. I want Darkness to be cleared so we can be certain that we only have 4 suspects for the mistborn. @Darkness_, don't take this as me tunneling on you.

If this state of affairs is not the case, I think we need a full explanation of the situation because it's starting to look dodgy to me.

11 minutes ago, Seonid said:

Wait, what?  But that makes no sense!

I might have missed something, but I don't recall Steel saying that he was notified that he was targeted by something.

If he did say something like that, this would change some things.

Also, I really hope Aspen isn't the mistborn. The mistborn has consistently been around to put in a kill order and use their vote manipulation intelligently. If it were Aspen, that would mean Aspen has been following the game quite closely, but deliberately not posting so that we'd think they were totally inactive. I think this sort of play would be bad form, and I hope your theory about Aspen is wrong.

Edited by Drake Marshall

I also know straws role, or part of it anyway. I'm not going to share tonight, but I might share it tomorrow, or straw can, if he wants. You'll understand exactly why he has to be village when it's explained, Seonid. 

I also did not soothe anyone last night. I'm not that type of soother. I'm the boring kind. 

Edited by Steeldancer

2 hours ago, Steeldancer said:

I also know straws role, or part of it anyway. I'm not going to share tonight, but I might share it tomorrow, or straw can, if he wants. You'll understand exactly why he has to be village when it's explained, Seonid. 

I also did not soothe anyone last night. I'm not that type of soother. I'm the boring kind. 

Ok. Not an issue.  Sorry for the freak out. I am habitually paranoid in these games,  and I couldn't make sense of it.  It looks like I was misreading the interaction there.  I'll trust that you believe it for the moment.

Glad to be wrong.  It means darkness is still cleared, and we have 4 options. Was the soothed vote you?

Cycle has ~3 hours left, so I'll make some final notes before it ends:

-I'm pretty sure Steel was responsible for the soothed vote.

-Speaking of soothing, I'd like to point out that it was HH's vote that got soothed. If he were smoking himself, his vote would have resisted soothing.

-Aspen hasn't been online yet this cycle. That makes it a little less likely that they would be the mistborn, although Araris has already demonstrated that action orders can be submitted in advance.

-At this point, my top guess for the unstable mistborn is ShaneysRus. Second guess would definitely be HH.

-For those of us who have powers that might be able to detect mistborn (notably @Darkness_), we may want to avoid redundancy. To those ends, I will disclose that I am planning on scanning HH. I'm generally a bit confused about HH, and I think I'd rather know, one way or another.

Sorry, it's been a couple crazy days. I'll try to be more active this next cycle. 

And reading through the comments I've got to go with Shaneysrus for Mistborn. I haven't seen them comment much especially this cycle (though I know how that can be) and just seem pretty quiet. Everyone else who I believe are villagers seem to be very active and working together. Especially when we're getting later on in the game I feel like the Mistborn will try harder to not draw attention to themselves

Day 4: The Turning Point

The mist cut away from his as he soared skyward. The blue lines faded away one by one, until only the thickest, the ones connected to Kredik Shaw, remained. Zane pushed on each of them flaring Steel to get as much altitude as possible. The mists began to weaken, until he finally erupted from them. The lines fell away. He floated above the tallest point of Luthadel, far enough above that he needed to flare tin to see in any sort of detail.

Zane carefully rotated, balancing on his one line. He was at the peak of the world, as close as he could get to god. “Why will you not help me?”

YOU MISTAKE YOURSELF FOR MY PROPHET ZANE. YOU ARE MY PLAYTHING. NOTHING MORE.

Zane clenched his fist, but managed to keep a level voice. “Why do you tell me to kill everyone then?”

BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO PURPOSE.

“And Vin? Vin does?”

. . .

“What is her role in this God?”

LET ME DO YOU A FAVOR BOY. THERE IS SOMETHING ABOUT THIS NIGHT THAT AMUSES ME MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE SINCE YOU ARRIVED IN LUTHADEL. IF YOU KILL JAX SANGRIN, I WILL TELL YOU.

Zane gritted his teeth, and glared at the sullen stars. “This had better be important God.”

NOTHING IN YOUR LIFE IS, BUT IT WILL AMUSE YOU.

“Read me the list again.” Fynn Seidel paced the perimeter of the safehouse, juggling names and alibi’s in his head, putting them together and looking for holes.

His men sighed, and started over. “Adfus Syponr. Arrived in the City right before we did. Supposedly worked as a Hazekiller for Lord Tormander down in Furthing. We haven’t had time to confirm. But we haven’t spotted him leaving his house during the killings.”

“Marv,” chimed in another. “Nothing unusual about him either. He does seem to enjoy the mists though, often walks about at night.”

“There’s Jay. He’s obviously a plant for someone, but we don’t know who. An illiterate Librarian supposedly, but actually some sort of assassin. He murdered a man and stole two Hemalurgic Spikes of unknown origins. We think it’s unrelated.”

“Phillip and Aspen both have Pentapox, and have been unable to leave their houses. They’ve been sending letters in lieu of participating. We bribed some of their bodyguards to report to us, and they’ve confirmed neither of them are Mistborn.”

“How many else?” murmured Fynn.

“4 sir. Count Senn Conrad, the street dancer, Jax the hobo, and Lyv. Conrad has lived here all his life. He’s utterly devoted to Elend. The Street dancer has been entertaing Adfus, and Jax in literally a hobo who lives in a box. Though he is a soother of some skill.”

“And Lyv?”

The infiltrators dug through their papers, mostly shuffling them around. “Erm, she’s been rather hard to pin down sir. Never really does much and constantly leaves the city. We’re fairly certain she plans to flee the city when the armies arrive tomorrow.”

Fynn stopped next to the chair of the one man who had yet to speak. “She leaves the city for days at a time? And you think she isn’t reporting in to Straff?”

The men blinked, then looked away sheepishly. “When you say it like that sir, it does sound stupid.”

Fynn placed his hand on the silent man’s shoulder. “It’s your turn. Assassinate this woman, no matter much.”

Boy did Jax love boxes. He would sit in boxes anywhere, anytype. Big ones, cardboard ones, wooden ones, he just loved boxes!

He was terribly disappointed when a man fell from the sky and crushed all his boxes. He was even more disappointed when the man grabbed him by the neck and ripped his head off.

“There god. Jax is dead. Now what is so amusing?

YOUR NAME IS NOT LYV. YOU’RE NOT EVEN A GIRL.

Zane blinked at the nonsequiter. “How is that amusing?”

CETT’S INFILTRATORS ARE EXPENDING NEARLY ALL OF THEIR RESOURCEC TO KILL LYV, BECAUSE THEY THINK SHE IS YOU.

Zane thought about it, then giggled. “You know God, that is amusing.”

RIGHT?

The Assassin paused in the street and smiled. It was quite the lovely evening, and it would be a shame to focus so much on his assignment. The mist was shifting just so, the breeze blowing away the smoke so beautifully. As far as things went in Luthadel, nights don't get much better. Supposedly there were places out in the Northern Dominance or to the West that were ab-so-lute-ly gorgeous. Hopefully Cett would send him there next

But, he did have a job to do, no matter how much he wanted to talk to the mistwraith wandering down the street. He should really get to it. A lot counted on him killing the Mistborn tonight. If he didn’t, they only had a 50/50 chance of killing Elend in time.

He whistled a catchy tune as he pulled his knives out of their sheathes. He spun them on his palms and made them dance through his fingers to make sure they were still balanced. Then, he began to juggle them. All 16 of them. Each was made of a metal so shiny, coinshots couldn’t steal them. He didn’t know the why of it, but Nisa insisted they were too invested to be pushed.

Even if they weren’t, the nifty things the gems embedded in them could do necessitated his carrying them. As he juggled, he spotted Lyv’s door in the distance. He pulled four of the knives from the air, and flung them in a tight spin at the door. They punctured, and stuck in a nifty square, that somehow turned the door to smoke instead of wood.

He caught the rest of the knives, and sauntered into the house. Immediately, a feminine voice called out, “Who’s there?” He grinned, but did not answer. As he climbed the steps, his mood soured, his motivation and determination fading away like yesterday’s lies.

He sighed. “I hate being soothed. It makes the job boring.” He pressed onward to the top of the stairs. The single door at the top was locked, so he stuck another ruby dagger into in, and waltzed in through the resulting smoke.

Lyv coughed her lungs out as the assassin calmly walked toward her. Something in his head alerted him that this woman was obviously not the mistborn, but still, he had a job, and he saw it through. 12 daggers in her chest later, his mood began to improve, and he walked jauntily out into the welcoming night.

Darkness_ was killed! He was a Village Soother 2!

ShaneyRus was ASSASSINATED! She was a Village Soother 1!

The Day ends in

bla_1515394800.png

Player List:

1. Steeldancer   -   A dancer who wears steel toed boots.
  2. Straw   -   Adfus Syponr, A man who believes in Luck and Chance.
  3. Seonid   -   Count Sen Conrad the III, a man unrelated to something or other.
  4. Hemalurgic Headshot   -   Marv, Nothing unusual about him.
  5. Drake Marshall   -   Jay, Luthadel’s illiterate Librarian
  6. shanerockes   -   Phillip, the first of his line
  7. Aspen   -   A young Gardener
  8. Darkness_   -   Village Soother 2!
  9. ShaneyRus   -   Village Soother 1
  10. Nuttallaspren   -   Village Thug 1
  11. Araris Valerian   -   Village Seeker 2
  12. Sart   -   Village Rioter 1
  13. Droughtbringer   -   Village Lurcher 2!
  14. Asterion137   -   Village Coinshot 2
  15. LivingLegend   -   Village Tineye 1
  16. Ornstein   -   Eliminator Rioter 1
  17. Devotary of Spontaneity   -   Village Tineye 1
Edited by A Joe in the Bush

aspen. . I'm very impressed you've done so well, but I got you. I soothed you last night, but my action failed. Either I was rioted, or you are probably the mistborn, while HH and Shane are the remaining elims. 

Btw, the reason I was able to do that, while I claimed Soother 1 before, is because that's straws ability. He gave me the power of soother 2, and learned what ability I had learned. 

Aspen

Well played - you had me fooled for a long time. @Steeldancer - good catch! After rollover, I was expecting today to be a slugfest between HH and Aspen each trying to convince us that the other was mistborn. But instead, we have proof positive! I love it.

Thanks for explaining, Steel. Sorry about my freak-out last night. I didn't consider the possibility of a secret role. That makes perfect sense now.