6 hours ago, Straw said:

@Araris Valerian I have discovered, via a method I shall not reveal, that @Steeldancer is a Soother.

6 hours ago, Steeldancer said:

Ok. Straw is good. 
No I did not. 

6 hours ago, Steeldancer said:

Based on what Straw did, and I know what straw did, he should know I was incapable of soothing Drake last night. I... think at least one other person might know what he did. 

6 hours ago, Straw said:

@Steeldancer you are the only person who knows what I did.

5 hours ago, Steeldancer said:

I'm not going to explain Straw, that's his perogative. Suffice it to say, there is no situation where he is an elim. Or a mistborn. I originally was thinking it was Seonid who did it, but it wasn't. Therefore, this is currently my reads list

Village: Straw, Seonid, Drake

Mistborn: I still think its HH. Therefore, I'm keeping my vote on him.

Mixed: I'm still not sure what to make of Darkness. Straw previously fell in this category, but now he has been vetted. Araris also goes in this category

Unknown- All the nearly inactive people, I don't know what to make of. They just aren't saying enough for me to get any sort of solid read. 

Ok, I did not soothe Drake. Even if I had the ability to, why would I? As I think upon this more, I think Darkness may be an elim. However, I am still more interested in lynching a Mistborn, so i will keep my vote on HH, who still seems to be the best candidate for mistborn. 

Here's the interaction.

ooh see I've been unsure of trusting Seonid, might be really good at lying because I've noticed he hasn't really addressed anything anyone has said in thread about their thoughts on Seonid, which most of the time was leaning towards him being a villager, however I and a few others have expressed doubts, and while they haven't really been backed up considering how well Seonid has been playing, the fact that these exist should have incited some form of response.

However once again since they weren't backed up, they would be considered inconsequential, and from a Mistborn perspective, bringing attention to them would make people think more and perhaps even make him have some attention thrown to him, and any attention in SE is generally bad.

Heck, he makes a lot of good points, but keep in mind that Seonid has been pushing for a Mistborn, and a Mistborn could very well lead us on a merry chase to hunt down a people who aren't mistborn, which he has done a few times, once with me. And keep doing so until he can get to the point of killing elims, whether through lynch or his own kill action, effectively leading to the mistborn, i.e Seonid to win.

@shanerockes @ShaneysRus @Aspen @Hemalurgic Headshot @Drake Marshall @Steeldancer @Straw

Also, if I was mistborn, staying in the corners of the room would not benefit me as people would slowly edge closer to finding me, instead, I would actually do the same thing Seonid has been doing, being active and intrinsically part of discussion, and since my alignment is neither, I can "support" both sides and still appear village.

So yeah, I decided to instead of thinking who the mistborn is, I thought first what the mistborn would do then found Seonid to fit that the most.

Edited by Darkness_

5 minutes ago, Seonid said:

@Drake Marshall, Straw claims to know that Steeldancer is a soother.  Steeldancer claims that this clears straw, because he is aware of a night actin targeting him last night.

The two cleared each other in a dance reminiscent of you and darkness clearing each other.

That leaves 6 players left - me, HH, Araris, Shaneyrus,  Shanerockes,  and aspen.

HH I've rejected for reasons given above.  Aspen is too inactive,  and I'm not sure about either of the shanes.

I'm not the mistborn,  so if we trust Steeldancer and straw,  then one of the two shanes or Araris is our mistborn.

Activity makes me doubt the shanes.  Admittedly, I had forgotten about Araris not being here, but he seems to have placed an order regardless.

If you can mane a decent case against either Shane, or pick apart Steeldancer or Straw's story, I'm all ears.

Huh, I missed Straw's claim.

That said, I think we should believe Straw.

Which means Steeldancer is cleared.

And Araris is indeed the next best lead.

So... I guess that means one of the shanes or aspen is liable to be an eliminator.

1 minute ago, Darkness_ said:

ooh see I've been unsure of trusting Seonid, might be really good at lying because I've noticed he hasn't really addressed anything anyone has said in thread about their thoughts on Seonid, which most of the time was leaning towards him being a villager, however I and a few others have expressed doubts, and while they haven't really been backed up considering how well Seonid has been playing, the fact that these exist should have incited some form of response.

However once again since they weren't backed up, they would be considered inconsequential, and from a Mistborn perspective, bringing attention to them would make people think more and perhaps even make him have some attention thrown to him, and any attention in SE is generally bad.

Heck, he makes a lot of good points, but keep in mind that Seonid has been pushing for a Mistborn, and a Mistborn could very well lead us on a merry chase to hunt down a people who aren't mistborn, which he has done a few times, once with me. And keep doing so until he can get to the point of killing elims, whether through lynch or his own kill action, effectively leading to the mistborn, i.e Seonid to win.

@shanerockes @ShaneysRus @Aspen @Hemalurgic Headshot @Drake Marshall @Steeldancer @Straw

The possibility that Seonid is the mistborn has definitely crossed my mind.

Personally, I've decided to take that risk and trust Seonid, because I think that other people are more likely.

Partially because I kind of think Seonid deserves to win if he was actually the unstable mistborn all along.

But I acknowledge that this is possible.

3 minutes ago, Darkness_ said:

If I were the mistborn, would I have tried to derail the lynch on HH, who i think it's an eliminator? Why would I not have gone full steam ahead and lynched him without any reservations?

For that matter, if i were Mistborn, why would i advocate living an inactive d1? Being an eliminator tends to make players more active, so if I were Mistborn, I'd be inclined to lynch an active player d1 because that gives better chances of finding an eliminator.

Not only that, you're absolutely right that attention often backfires in SE. If I were the mistborn,  why quills I have argued consistently and passionately in favor if a d1 inactive lynch? It was an idea likely to be unpopular and guaranteed to draw attention to me. In fact, it's the sort of argument that tends to get players lynched D1. If I were Mistborn, I wouldn't have done that.

3 minutes ago, Seonid said:

If I were the mistborn, would I have tried to derail the lynch on HH, who i think it's an eliminator? Why would I not have gone full steam ahead and lynched him without any reservations?

For that matter, if i were Mistborn, why would i advocate living an inactive d1? Being an eliminator tends to make players more active, so if I were Mistborn, I'd be inclined to lynch an active player d1 because that gives better chances of finding an eliminator.

Not only that, you're absolutely right that attention often backfires in SE. If I were the mistborn,  why quills I have argued consistently and passionately in favor if a d1 inactive lynch? It was an idea likely to be unpopular and guaranteed to draw attention to me. In fact, it's the sort of argument that tends to get players lynched D1. If I were Mistborn, I wouldn't have done that.

Naturally if you were Mistborn you would have scanned HH long ago.

You're better off lynching elims, therefore pointing to Araris, whom you've probably scanned/or if you haven't scanned HH, you know Araris is elim at least and plan on scanning him or HH based on what happened, tonight. Elim lynches are better for you than village ones.

Your last point is valid, however this obviously could have been done as a way to support your villagerness, as nobody would lynch you as a villager or elim on that basis.

Edited by Darkness_

Just now, Darkness_ said:

Naturally if you were Mistborn you would have scanned HH long ago.

You're better off lynching elims, therefore pointing to Araris, whom you've probably scanned/or if you haven't scanned HH, you know Araris is elim at least and plan on scanning him tonight. Elim lynches are better for you than village ones.

Your last point is valid, however this obviously could have been done as a way to support your villagerness, as nobody would lynch you as a villager or elim on that basis.

The mistborn scan can't detect Elims.  Just metals burned in the vicinity of the target

Just now, Seonid said:

The mistborn scan can't detect Elims.  Just metals burned in the vicinity of the target

Well, one can use that to align with actions in game.

hm @A Joe in the Bush Do Elims burn metal during their unblockable kill? How does that show up to a scan?

Your responses feel practiced Seonid, I guess that's the thing with experienced players maybe, done it all before.

1 hour ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

Probably Accurate Vote Count:
Hemalurgic Headshot (2): Steeldancer, Shanerockes
Darkness_ (1): Straw
Shanerockes (2): Araris Valerian,  Hemalurgic Headshot
Araris (3): Seonid, ShaneyRus, Drake Marshall
Seonid (1): Darkness_

Day 3 ends in 
bla_1515135600.png

If Y'all could come to a decision sooner rather than later, I would appreciate it.

7 minutes ago, Darkness_ said:

This is what makes me think you are an elim.

Please vote on Seonid :P 

Now, see, I'm fairly sure that this is a lot closer than I've ever come to telling another player what to do.

And I'm not even saying you're being a mayor. You did say please, after all :P

Regardless, I've chosen to trust Seonid.

Just now, Darkness_ said:

hm @A Joe in the Bush Do Elims burn metal during their unblockable kill? How does that show up to a scan?

Your responses feel practiced Seonid, I guess that's the thing with experienced players maybe, done it all before.

Eliminator Kills cannot be seen by Seekers. The Assassin kill cannot be seen period.

Alright well, then that breaks apart my argument for Seonid.

1 minute ago, Drake Marshall said:

Now, see, I'm fairly sure that this is a lot closer than I've ever come to telling another player what to do.

And I'm not even saying you're being a mayor. You did say please, after all :P

Regardless, I've chosen to trust Seonid.

Mm well, it was more a request, but point taken :P 

For now I'm going to trust seonid, seeing as I see no reason not to now.

Araris

1 minute ago, Darkness_ said:

Huh. Interesting. I literally came up with them just now.

3 minutes ago, Darkness_ said:

Well then, just a really good player ;) 

Thanks

I meant to say this earlier,  but you've been an excellent contributor to this game. I appreciate both the quality of your analysis and your activity level.

Yeah Seonid definitely wins the prize as the most composed player.

8 minutes ago, Seonid said:

I meant to say this earlier,  but you've been an excellent contributor to this game. I appreciate both the quality of your analysis and your activity level.

Seconded. @Darkness_ don't think many people have that kind of contribution level.

I realize we basically didn't see eye-to-eye the entire game. But hey, I think the sheer volume of our argument gave this game some life :P

If one of us dies, it's been an honor.

Edited by Drake Marshall

Night 3: Nine Nooses

Aralis Penrod sighed as he shuffled out of the meeting. It was getting late in the day, and he could no longer keep up with the debates. He trusted Lord Hammond, Skaa though he was, to find the right man to execute. Hopefully Lord Marv and King Elend could convince the rest of the assembly that Phillip was their man. If not, he could argue more in the morning.

His footman helped him into his carriage, then shut the door. Without a word, they were on their way to Keep Penrod. As they stopped at the gate, he glanced through the window, and was startled to see nine nooses hung rather prominently at the gate. King Elend was sending a message perhaps?

“My Lord Penrod.”

Aralis started, then sighed. He scooted over and opened the other door. Hammond stood there, along with three of his Pewterarms. “His Majesty is sending me Bodyguards?” He asked dryly.

“No sir. We’re here to bring you to the nooses.”

“Well then. I don’t suppose you would accept a bribe?”

Hammond shook his head. “Sorry sir. I believe you. But he three lettered folks outnumber you.”

“Very well.” Penrod stepped down from his carriage, and began to walk to the Nooses. The Pewterarms fell in aroung him, but gave him the respect of not laying hands on him. He drew the noose around his own neck. Lord Hammond nodded to him once, then pulled the release.

Araris Valerian was Lynched! He was a Village Seeker 2!

Vote Count:
Hemalurgic Headshot (2): Steeldancer, Shanerockes
Darkness_ (1): Straw
Shanerockes (2): Araris Valerian, Elend Venture
Araris (4): Seonid, ShaneyRus, Drake Marshall, Darkness_
(Yes, HH’s vote was soothed.)

The Night ends in

bla_1515222000.png

Player List:

Steeldancer   -   A dancer who wears steel toed boots.

Straw   -   Adfus Syponr, A man who believes in Luck and Chance.

Seonid   -   Count Sen Conrad the III, a man unrelated to something or other.

Hemalurgic Headshot   -   Marv, Nothing unusual about him.

Darkness_   -   Jax Sangrin, a man who loves boxes

Drake Marshall   -   Jay, Luthadel’s illiterate Librarian

shanerockes   -   Phillip, the first of his line

ShaneyRus   -   Lyv, who loves short names with rare letters

Aspen   -   A young Gardener

Nuttallaspren   -   Village Thug 1

Araris Valerian   -   Village Seeker 2

Sart   -   Village Rioter 1

Droughtbringer   -   Village Lurcher 2!

Asterion137   -   Village Coinshot 2

LivingLegend   -   Village Tineye 1

Ornstein   -   Eliminator Rioter 1

Devotary of Spontaneity   -   Village Tineye 1

Storms!

I was certain Araris was mistborn. At least he wasn't Elim. Gotta recalculate now.

So, I don't see any way for Steeldancer, Straw,  Drake, or Darkness to be fooling us, and I remain convinced of HH being Elim, which means that it's either aspen, shanerockes, or ShaneysRus.

We're solving this game, though. Slowly but surely. It's just a question of time now. Namely, if we put the last pieces together before either the elims or the mistborn do.

...oops.

Wouldn't have reckoned that there's another seeker 2 either.

So...

I'm going to say I'm pretty sure these people are all villagers:

Steeldancer

Straw

Seonid

Darkness_

Drake Marshall

And these people include ~2 elims, ~1 villager, and the unstable mistborn:

Hemalurgic Headshot

shanerockes

ShaneyRus

Aspen

Guess that's that then. We'll see where this goes.

I'm not very happy with you Seonid :P 

Just now, Drake Marshall said:

...oops.

Wouldn't have reckoned that there's another seeker 2 either.

So...

I'm going to say I'm pretty sure these people are all villagers:

Steeldancer

Straw

Seonid

Darkness_

Drake Marshall

And these people include ~2 elims, ~1 villager, and the unstable mistborn:

Hemalurgic Headshot

shanerockes

ShaneyRus

Aspen

Guess that's that then. We'll see where this goes.

So what Seonid said :P 

I'm not happy with this either.

And Drake, been great playing with you too :)

5 minutes ago, Darkness_ said:

So what Seonid said :P 

I'm not happy with this either.

And Drake, been great playing with you too :)

In fairness, I hit submit before I refreshed the page and saw Seonid's post :P

The outcome wasn't good, no. On the bright side, it's probably in the elims' interest to help us take down the mistborn by now.

Is been a fine game anyhow. I'll see you all in the morning.