21 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

As much as I'd like to puzzle out this mystery, I had a really late night, I'll be back later in the turn. 

There's no mystery, Drake is just trying to mislynch me based on facts that can go either way, leaning towards me being the Mistborn due to other "facts" which are not true. I await Joe's confirmation that he was not making a mistake.

Honestly claiming so is an insult to our blunderful GM

*cough, Wonderful* :P 

Wait so are you saying you didn’t seek me?

Huh.

Now, perhaps I’m missing some details, but from your language it really looks like that’s what you were claiming to have done.

I’ll retract my vote, Darkness, but please explain how you are able to confirm that I am a seeker. I am not aware of any abilities in this game that could have allowed you to confirm that last night.

1 hour ago, Araris Valerian said:

@Drake Marshall How do you get from "Darkness couldn't have scanned me" to "Darkness is the Mistborn"? It seems like if Darkness was the Mistborn and scanned you, then he would have seen Brass, and thus not confirmed your role.

Unless a mistborn wanted to smoke themselves, and lie about a rolescan they are reasonably sure of. If I were the mistborn, I’d definitely take that route.

Hmm...this is less than ideal.

Alright, time for my thoughts summarizing the voting cycle at the end of D2. And my thoughts on the current situation. Which are kind of blended together.

Frist, D2 cycle closing. With less than 10 minutes left in the cycle, Darkness claims to be able to conclusively determine whether or not Drake or Droughtbringer are evil if he's allowed to live. Droughtbringer pulls his vote off of Darkness and on to HH (perhaps hoping to swing the lynch). Darkness then pings me to see if I'm willing to move my vote around and clinch a lynch on Drought.

Convincing Drought to drop his vote made it so that the Rioting on Elend Venture was successful. If I had dropped my vote, it would have been completely unnecessary - but would have served as insurance against other potential Rioters.

Then, the vote was manipulated. Drought died. Darkness lived. Darkness was an obvious lynch target today - except for the fact that he'd claimed a role which, during the night, sounded very much like a Tineye 2. No other role has the ability to find alignment.

Now, Darkness claims to have determined Drake's role, not alignment. First a note - if he is a Tineye 2, he hasn't used his ability yet this game. But he claims to have verified Drake's role, which implies that he get a useable result last night.

So, we can rule out his implied Tineye claim from D2. Strike 1 - he either lied about his role or exaggerated its ability and usefulness for the town.

Now his useable result last night conflicts with Drake's claim of being Soothed. Unless Darkness is the Soother and is claiming to have verified that Drake isn't the Mistborn due to being soothed and the Mistborn kill still going through. @Darkness_ - are you the Soother that soothed Drake last night?

Soothing couldn’t confirm that I’m not mistborn, since I could have smoked myself (storms, to explain my lack of scan result I might even have claimed to have been soothed). It definitely couldn’t prove that I was a seeker 2 and not some other allomantic role.

That said, if Darkness did sooth me, and no counterclaims exist, that clears him from being mistborn.

If that isn’t the case, an explanation is definitely in order.

So... We’re tragically low on villagers. Close to a lynch-or-lose scenario I think.

This is in part because the mistborn and elims have yet to actually hit one another. It’s almost a little uncanny how they’ve avoided each other, and the end result doesn’t look good for the village.

I’d be careful about this lynch. I’d suggest that we try to leverage the tie mechanic to potentially lynch two people, but that would leave things open for manipulators.

1 hour ago, Seonid said:

Hmm...this is less than ideal.

Alright, time for my thoughts summarizing the voting cycle at the end of D2. And my thoughts on the current situation. Which are kind of blended together.

Frist, D2 cycle closing. With less than 10 minutes left in the cycle, Darkness claims to be able to conclusively determine whether or not Drake or Droughtbringer are evil if he's allowed to live. Droughtbringer pulls his vote off of Darkness and on to HH (perhaps hoping to swing the lynch). Darkness then pings me to see if I'm willing to move my vote around and clinch a lynch on Drought.

Convincing Drought to drop his vote made it so that the Rioting on Elend Venture was successful. If I had dropped my vote, it would have been completely unnecessary - but would have served as insurance against other potential Rioters.

Then, the vote was manipulated. Drought died. Darkness lived. Darkness was an obvious lynch target today - except for the fact that he'd claimed a role which, during the night, sounded very much like a Tineye 2. No other role has the ability to find alignment.

Now, Darkness claims to have determined Drake's role, not alignment. First a note - if he is a Tineye 2, he hasn't used his ability yet this game. But he claims to have verified Drake's role, which implies that he get a useable result last night.

So, we can rule out his implied Tineye claim from D2. Strike 1 - he either lied about his role or exaggerated its ability and usefulness for the town.

Now his useable result last night conflicts with Drake's claim of being Soothed. Unless Darkness is the Soother and is claiming to have verified that Drake isn't the Mistborn due to being soothed and the Mistborn kill still going through. @Darkness_ - are you the Soother that soothed Drake last night?

Whaaat?? TINEYE? 

Where did all this come up and how was I not aware of all this? And what did I say that implied that??

Yes bravo, I am the Soother 2 that soothed Drake.

There was a storming reason I was so ambiguous but thanks yes, so people wouldn't pinpoint my role for a bit, I was hoping you idiots could take a few hints. And me getting drought to take his vote of me was pure self preservation.

I could have asked him to put his vote on drake, and then vote on him myself, therefore making the drake lynch in the lead but I didn't because drought was one of my suspicions which quickly were alleviated during that time and by then I was just like "Ah well, chances are one of us will live", I also wanted to be certain about Drake, and went ahead with my original plan, which would have happened if that ridiculous lynch on me hadn't happened.

Seonid and Drake, you two have in all honesty been tunneling on me for the past few turns and I don't appreciate it, nor am I convinced of either of you being village at this point. Seonid has the benefit of the doubt but Drake doesn't, actually scratch that.

Ok, so wow. I think you guys see what I see. This is Shane's feeble reasoning for voting on me, and references both Seonid and Drake, moreover the tunneling on me from their failed lynch makes me more inclined to believe this is not a coincidence, and that the reasoning Seonid stated to make Drake seem "not evil whatsoever" was infact hmm let's look for the word.

Ah yeah, 

crem dung.

46 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

Soothing couldn’t confirm that I’m not mistborn, since I could have smoked myself (storms, to explain my lack of scan result I might even have claimed to have been soothed). It definitely couldn’t prove that I was a seeker 2 and not some other allomantic role.

That said, if Darkness did sooth me, and no counterclaims exist, that clears him from being mistborn.

If that isn’t the case, an explanation is definitely in order.

So... We’re tragically low on villagers. Close to a lynch-or-lose scenario I think.

This is in part because the mistborn and elims have yet to actually hit one another. It’s almost a little uncanny how they’ve avoided each other, and the end result doesn’t look good for the village.

I’d be careful about this lynch. I’d suggest that we try to leverage the tie mechanic to potentially lynch two people, but that would leave things open for manipulators.

My result clearly made it so to let me know you hadn't killed anyone.

So we're "tragically" low on villagers, yet you ask us to lynch 2 people, which would potentially be two villagers, or at least one.
Which would make us even more "tragically" lower.

One of them, or all of them better be you Drake, because I'm more certain that you're elim by the moment.

I am sure @Drake Marshall, @shanerockes and @Seonid are eliminators tbh. Shane hasn't been very active either, I am suspicious of Shane for not being active then suddenly appearing and voting on me for more ludicrous reasoning. At least 2 of them are elims in my book. And yes, they all voted on me so a bit of bias there to take into consideration but I don't think my qualms are unfounded.

Drake and Seonid have also been almost purely focussing on the mistborn, which is something both elims and village will benefit from. Both have fooled the thread into thinking them town by their apparent benevolent intentions for focusing on the mistborn to benefit village, where in fact they have been strategically cutting us down.

I advise those who are village to consider that this tunneling on the mistborn and myself for that matter are attempts to mislynch a useful role and get the village to believe they are focusing on those things for the good of the village and not so that the elims can have a chance to win. Chances are I'm wrong about them and they do have good intentions but I feel like they are pretty low.

Hm. Possibility matrix on this one.

Possibility 1 - Drake and Darkness are telling the truth. This is easy - we focus on other players.

Possibility 2 - Drake is lying about being Soothed. For what purpose? To cover up an action - most likely a kill? But then if he claims a false soothe, and Darkness claims to have soothed him, that's a touch coincidental. Not

Possibility 3 - Drake is telling the truth and Darkness is lying. Thus, Drake was Soothed, but not by Darkness. Decent cover if Darkness is the Mistborn panicking because we're still trying to lynch him. But that's risky - somebody could easily counterclaim, and probably should be expected to counterclaim.

Possibility 4 - both are lying. That is just weird, and we ought to lynch them both in that case, just on policy.

I find 1 and 3 to be the most likely possibilities. I suspect that we are most likely seeing 2 villagers who've been led into suspecting each other.

If that's the case, we don't really have time to pursue this line of reasoning much further. Which is annoying, because it's our best lead. But we might have to turn our attention elsewhere.

I think it's time to turn our attention to players who are largely flying below the radar.

@Straw @Hemalurgic Headshot @ShaneysRus @shanerockes @Aspen @Araris Valerian

Of them, I'm most inclined to look at Straw. Straw's contributions have been low. D1, he actually had a decent amount of discussion - for D1, but D2 he placed a vote with no justification other than that he wanted to prevent vote manipulation from swinging it. And then almost nothing today.

Anything to say for yourself?

26 minutes ago, Straw said:

I’ve spent the last few days watching the game, and I think that Darkness is the Mistborn.

OH HAVE YOU

How about you explain yourself?

or were you so busy watching the game and not reading thread that you didn't notice I am a Soother?

Edited by Darkness_

30 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

Um, darkness, you are aware that we LOSE if the all the elims die and the mistborn isn't dead, right?

Bruh, where there does it say that we should ignore trying to figure out who the elims are? I believe it is best to know that and then we can figure who the mistborn is through,

You guessed it

Elimination

29 minutes ago, Seonid said:

If that's the case, we don't really have time to pursue this line of reasoning much further. Which is annoying, because it's our best lead. But we might have to turn our attention elsewhere.

I really don't see how you can call the shots here Seonid, this really pings me as bad, as if he's trying to draw attention away from Drake. So yes, we'll start looking for aternatatives for the mistborn but just keep this in mind guys, Drake is most probably elim.

1 minute ago, Darkness_ said:

Bruh, where there does it say that we should ignore trying to figure out who the elims are? I believe it is best to know that and then we can figure who the mistborn is through,

You guessed it

Elimination

I really don't see how you can call the shots here Seonid, this really pings me as bad, as if he's trying to draw attention away from Drake. So yes, we'll start looking for aternatatives for the mistborn but just keep this in mind guys, Drake is most probably elim.

I trust Seonid. 

I'm convinced that Darkness is a village Soother and Drake is not the Unstable Mistborn. Darkness didn't know nutella was dead, so he's probably village or the Mistborn. The Mistborn wouldn't risk getting counterclaimed, so that leads me to believe the DA actually Soothed Drake. Which also means that Drake isn't the Mistborn. I'm decently suspicious of Drake as an eliminator though.

@Straw, How can DA be Mistborn? Who do you think actually Soothed Drake?

@Seonid, this level of activity and explanation is fairly normal for Straw.

My top 3 lynch choices are HH, Straw, and Shane. Straw and Shane have both been present but haven't contributed much to the discussion. HH is still a reasonable candidate for the Mistborn. Drake comes 4th, but he can be seeking for the Mistborn at Night, so even if he is an elim he's useful to keep around for a bit.

Just now, Araris Valerian said:

My top 3 lynch choices are HH, Straw, and Shane. Straw and Shane have both been present but haven't contributed much to the discussion. HH is still a reasonable candidate for the Mistborn. Drake comes 4th, but he can be seeking for the Mistborn at Night, so even if he is an elim he's useful to keep around for a bit.

I agree with the Shane vote, they clearly have been lurking, not just now that Steeldancer called them out but I've seen them. Also they came forward and added on the lynch train on me, perhaps thought they would be able to do so without drawing much attention to themselves.

Just now, Straw said:

@Araris Valerian I have discovered, via a method I shall not reveal, that @Steeldancer is a Soother.

Haha did you know there are 2 types of Soother?