Blazenella

[OB] Willshaper Transportation

3 posts in this topic

I believe that Willshapers will use Transportation in the PR instead of into the CR like Elsecallers.

I have some proof on why Willshapers will teleport in the Physical Realm. Oathgates are powered by 2 spren, one is an Inkspren, so the other is probably a Willshaper spren (The 2 Transportation Spren). Elsecallers can Transport into Shadesmar, which is one aspect of the Oathgates, the other is transporting across the world. Because of this I think the Willshapers will Transport around the PR.

Here are some WoB's that support my theory

Questioner

Is the key to the [Oathgates] dead spren?

Brandon Sanderson

*dry laughter* That’s an excellent question, you will actually find out a lot more about the Oathgates when you see them from the cognitive side.

Questioner [PENDING REVIEW]

Can you tell us about Transportation? Is it like gates from Wheel of Time? 

Brandon Sanderson [PENDING REVIEW]

Oh, Elsecalling? No. But… but yes. 

*laughter* I meant, like, the whole... Just the Surge?  Does it go to the Cognitive Realm, is that all it does? 

It is the power by which they created the Oathgates. So, there is a little more to it than that. But yes, it’s basically… yeah.

The spren on the other side of the Oathgate in Shadesmar... One is an inkspren-- I am guessing, no? Because there are two spren that grant the Transportation Surge so that would make the other a Willshaper spren?

RAFO.

Edited by Ookla the Variable

Sure the two high spren both have transportation, but they each have a different other surge binding.

If the white spren is the Willshaper spren, then it must not be lightspren as many people speculated.