[OB] Aes Sedai severing seen in Spiritual Realm

Reckless Disregard

Was posting in another thread and was thinking about severing of Aes Sedai.  

We know this can be healed.  

Could a person with Stormlight heal this would if they knew the flows?

Could the severing been seen in the spiritual realm?

Would it be a loss of Connection to the One Power (Dar/din)?

Could you create a medallion that would mimic the Connection to the One Power? Is that the same as a ter'angreal allowing a non channeler to channel?

I'm not sure what to make of this post; you're either joking, confused, or I've missed what you're trying to say. Wheel of Time =/= Cosmere related. 

If you're talking about using the Aes Sedai severing being healed as an example for something that might be healable in the Cosmere books, I have no idea what that something is, so I've got nothing really to add! Maybe? Probably? Yes (or no).

Totally serious!

If a severed Aes Sedai entered the cosmere  ( let's say a friend helped her Travel), could lift Heal heal her like she did Gawx? 

Would you have to know the flows?

A dead  shardblade spren has a certain look in the cognitive realm. Would a severed Aes Sedai had a marker or some noticeable wound or mark that can be seen due to a Spiritual wound?

Edited by Reckless Disregard

1 hour ago, Reckless Disregard said:

Totally serious!

If a severed Aes Sedai entered the cosmere  ( let's say a friend helped her Travel), could lift Heal heal her like she did Gawx? 

Would you have to know the flows?

A dead  shardblade spren has a certain look in the cognitive realm. Would a severed Aes Sedai had a marker or some noticeable wound or mark that can be seen due to a Spiritual wound?

In my mind, severing would be like a shardblade wound. I think a surgebinder with Regrowth could heal stilling.

Oh, cool question!  Hmmmm.  Healing Stilling mostly used Spirit, with a bit of the other flows thrown in, right?  So it stands to reason that Stilling cuts off a portion of the Spiritweb from the C/P.  Hmmmm.  I'm not sure if this would be visible from the CR.  Maybe like, as a dimming of the person in the CR?  Or do you think it'd manifest as part of them missing?  They see themselves as missing an essential part of themselves, so maybe like a hole in the chest, where their will to live has been torn out?  That's a little ghastly lol.

But yeah, I think it would be like healing a Shardblade wound.  I don't know if you can do it with Regrowth (I can't remember, can Renarin heal Shardblade wounds?) but if they become a KR and push enough Stormlight through it, they could definitely heal it, since Shardblades wound or kill the connection between the physical being and its soul.

10 hours ago, Hulaine said:

I'm not sure what to make of this post; you're either joking, confused, or I've missed what you're trying to say. Wheel of Time =/= Cosmere related.

Until the Aes Sedai first Oath turns out to be a Truthwatcher Ideal.

• Chaos locked this topic