Keteks for all!

Oathforger

I am dreaming | hard awakening | eyes open | eyes awaken hard | dreaming, am I? 

^Probably my favorite ketek I’ve written so far!

On 10/30/2018 at 4:23 PM, StormblessedSurvivor said:

Dying slowly/so much pain/goodbye/painful much/so slowly die.

Topic: School

Ha! I can relate...

Ima try my hand at this, but for the First Oath as interpreted in  3 Keteks, one for each stanza

Death, final judgment, deeds done, deeds judge, final death. 

Hold strength, through weakness, my weakness, through strength, hold.

Journeying, my pilgrimage of peace, reach destination, reach peace of pilgrimage, my journey.

Dreams lost in darkened thoughts; tempest rage forever. Raging tempest - thoughts darkened, in lost dreams.

^first try, mostly about being unable to control my thoughts cause OCD's a b****.

Power given to thoughts spoken, words shatter silence. Shatter words spoken - thoughts to give power.

^not sure about that one, but I thought it worth posting to get some feedback.

I'll probably come back with more later. I just discovered this thread and promptly got entirely too excited, I love poetry.

On 14.11.2018 at 9:00 AM, Extesian said:

So I'll post my wedding invitation here coz it's the first real ketek I've ever done :) and I had to have SOME Brandon reference there, obviously...20181114_183950.thumb.jpg.0c6849d113979c34992a7c5ee80a7d5b.jpg

That is so cool! And also it's one of the best keteks around, in my opinion. Seriously, it works so well (well, it doesn't have 5 parts though). However I'd change the font for the names, Algerian looks more fitting for a funeral I guess :P Also the country things with the legs don't seem to fit the "serious" whole (I'd somehow try to make them more "artistic", maybe by somehow blurring them, always works :P), but that's just me trying to provide some constructive criticism ;) Anyway, this is incredibly cool, awesome, epic, and on it's own a good enough reason to get married :D I can only hope to have such fantastic invitations myself, and to be such a great ketek poet...

Edited by cubelith

Carry all we now - strength? Stand and burn; flame living, hope we lost. We hope, living flame; burn and stand! Strength, now we all carry. 

Light the spark - darkness dispels dawn, inferno rages never. Raging inferno; dawn dispels darkness - spark the light!

Lonely, watching, standing sentry, the only echo, the silence. The echo? Only the sentry; standing, watching, lonely.

Silent is courage now; bravery beyond reach. Stand; reach beyond bravery; now courage is silent.

The first two are both about hope, and trying to stay strong even when things are at their worst. The third one is kind of about stars, kind of about someone keeping watch on a quiet night with no one to help, but doing it anyway because that's their job. It can be taken figuratively or literally. The fourth one was my attempt to put the sentiment of the quote 'Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day, saying "I will try again tomorrow"' into ketek form. I'm not sure how I feel about it. 

Edited by strangelee7

28 minutes ago, King_of_the_Dark_Lands said:

"Roses are red, violets are blue, this one is bad is this one, blue are violets, red are roses."

Yep I think that i can safely say that i suck at keteks.

Nonsense, this deserves an upvote :D

Okay, lemme try:

Waiting, darkness rises, watch! the rising darkness waits.

Edited by Winds Alight

• 3 weeks later...

Christmas is coming, and with it, keteks!
(I am Catholic, so there is some very strongly Catholic ethos too the first.)

Born is Christ / Comfort he brings / Lord above all, savior / our savior all above, Lord / brings he comfort, Christ is born.

Snow falls, cleaning land / peace bringing / white snow / white bringing peaceful land / clean falling snow.

Edited by kuiinteth of isaana

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Journeys bring Destinations? / No. / Change Destinations to make right Journeys. / Journey rightly, making towards Destinations changeable. / No, Destinations bring Journeys.

Journeys bring Destinations? No. Change Destinations to make right Journeys. Journey rightly, making towards Destinations changeable. No, Destinations bring Journeys.

Edited by theRoyalDingus

• 1 month later...

I wrote this ketek about the end of Oathbringer. I might have taken liberties with the word changes; I'm not sure what's allowed.

Spoiler

Perish, noble King/ From death make light/ Embrace light/ Make death from Kings/ Nobility, perish.