Selective Laser Sintering and Mistborn meth labs

Walin

So this title is pretty clickbaity, but also a great description of what I'm trying to say. Kind of like "Net Neutrality" describes the topic, but is misleading on the surface.

When those Scadrians develop rapid prototyping machines, they're going to invent selective laser sintering. Since the powder used in this process doesn't have to have to be as good for Allomantic ratios, and it's powder already I think that street Allomantic suppliers may try these instead of proper Allomantic flakes. Much like people nowadays buy cold medicine and try to isolate the active chemical which can be changed into the active ingredient for meth (very bad idea as it involves high temps and pressures, which is why meth labs explode), people will steal SLS powder from factories, and try to bake out the polymer binding out of it, and sell the left over "metal" (which includes metal and some waste) on the down low.

This comes from me being in Engineering and learning about rapid prototyping right now. Not a super serious theory, so I'm putting a /w on it. (Since /s stands for "The preceding text was sarcastic," I made /w, which means "The preceding text was one of Walin's favorite type of theory, one that is partly a joke and partly a serious thought")

• Chaos locked this topic