Book 4 and Book 5 Prologue Characters

Wax

Book 4 and Book 5 Prologue Characters  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the prologue character for Book 4?

• Sadeas
    • Navani
    • Venli
    • Dalinar
    • Other (please explain which one)
  2. 2. Who will be the prologue character for book 5?

• Sadeas
    • Navani
    • Venli
    • Dalinar
    • Other (please explain which one)

Who do you think will be the book 4 and 5's prologue characters?

I am choosing, "Other" for book 5 because I didn't want to put my response up as an option...coz I think even contemplating it is spoilery.  But who I've chosen is....

Spoiler

Gavilar

for book 5, and Venli for Book 4.  If you pick other, do discuss who you think it might be...

Edited by Wax

I think everybody agrees with you on the book 5 character. As for my choice for book 4...

Spoiler

One of the Heralds of the Almighy, or maybe more than one, you know, change POV’s in the prologue kind of stuff. I mean, we have already seen Jezrien, Nale and Kelek(probably more, but I don’t remember) in the party. But the thing is, why are they there? I mean, we know why Jezrien is there thanks to OB, but what about the others?

Idk, there are a lot of possibilities. Maybe it’s a character that we still don’t even know was at the Palace.

Edited by Talanelat'Elin Stonesinew

I chose Other for book 4, but I think for book 5 it will be Venli. 

Spoiler

The possible listener revolution would be of more use in book 5 than 4.

Choice for book 4 below.

Spoiler

Moash. There's much more to what the Fused are doing at Kholinar than most people think. They may be trying to free Ba-Ado-Mishram, or another Unmade.

Edited by Oathforger

I voted "Other" for both.

I think book 4 will be from Elhokar's perspective as that will allow us a bit of interaction with Kalak and Nale. Why were the Heralds interested in Elhokar?
I think book 5 will be Gavilar's perspective. We have to know!

@Oathforger I think you might have misinterpreted this post. The poll is for the Prologue only which we know, from a Word of Brandon, is going to be different perspectives from the night of Gavilar's death. We have already had Szeth, Jasnah, and Eshonai for books 1, 2, and 3 respectively. The question now is whom's perspectives will we get for this night in book 4 and book 5.

1 hour ago, CaptainRyan said:

I voted "Other" for both.

I think book 4 will be from Elhokar's perspective as that will allow us a bit of interaction with Kalak and Nale. Why were the Heralds interested in Elhokar?
I think book 5 will be Gavilar's perspective. We have to know!

@Oathforger I think you might have misinterpreted this post. The poll is for the Prologue only which we know, from a Word of Brandon, is going to be different perspectives from the night of Gavilar's death. We have already had Szeth, Jasnah, and Eshonai for books 1, 2, and 3 respectively. The question now is whom's perspectives will we get for this night in book 4 and book 5.

I really like Elhokar as a choice for book 4.

The Heralds may have been visiting Jezerien who seemed to live next door to the Kholinar palace (and was also in the WoK Szeth prologue).

To an extent I’ve chosen Venli because BS  seems to be balancing the genders out.  If Book 5 is who I say it would be, then book 4 might be a female to give the prologues a 3-2 female/male ratio.  But yeah, I wouldn’t be extremely surprised if it turned out to be Dalinar or Elhokar.

29 minutes ago, Wax said:

The Heralds may have been visiting Jezerien who seemed to live next door to the Kholinar palace (and was also in the WoK Szeth prologue).

From the Way of Kings prologue: "Elhokar, the king's son and heir, sat at the high table, ruling the feast in his father's absence. He was in conversation with two men, a dark-skinned Azish man who had an odd patch of pale skin on his cheek and a thinner, Alethi-looking man who kept glancing over his shoulder."

From Words of Radiance prologue: "They were ambassadors from the West, including the Azish man with the white birthmark on his cheek. Or was it a scar? The shorter of the two men - he could have been Alethi - cut off when noticed Jasnah. He let out a squeak, then hurried on his way. [...] Her brother had invited these two to the celebration along with every other ranking foreign dignitary in Kholinar."

Here we see Nale and Kalak at the feast from two different perspectives and both perspectives noted that Elhokar was involved. Perhaps Nale was trying to get special permission to hunt Surgebinders in Alethkar or maybe Nale was investigating Elhokar to see if he was a Surgebinder. Or, perhaps, there was some other reason? It could be they were checking in on Jezrien. I'm suspicious though of Brandon going out of his way to pair Elhokar with these two twice in a row though.

19 minutes ago, CaptainRyan said:

From the Way of Kings prologue: "Elhokar, the king's son and heir, sat at the high table, ruling the feast in his father's absence. He was in conversation with two men, a dark-skinned Azish man who had an odd patch of pale skin on his cheek and a thinner, Alethi-looking man who kept glancing over his shoulder."

From Words of Radiance prologue: "They were ambassadors from the West, including the Azish man with the white birthmark on his cheek. Or was it a scar? The shorter of the two men - he could have been Alethi - cut off when noticed Jasnah. He let out a squeak, then hurried on his way. [...] Her brother had invited these two to the celebration along with every other ranking foreign dignitary in Kholinar."

Here we see Nale and Kalak at the feast from two different perspectives and both perspectives noted that Elhokar was involved. Perhaps Nale was trying to get special permission to hunt Surgebinders in Alethkar or maybe Nale was investigating Elhokar to see if he was a Surgebinder. Or, perhaps, there was some other reason? It could be they were checking in on Jezrien. I'm suspicious though of Brandon going out of his way to pair Elhokar with these two twice in a row though.

True, and thanks for the quotes.

I agree that the heralds are a possibility.

I am 50-50 on whether it will be book 4 or a later book, eg book 6.

See, here I get into a tricky spot. I don’t know whether the prologues for book 6-10 will continue on the same night or be completely different.

There is a WoB that book 6-10 would be more about the Heralds, so I’ve wondered if book 6 prologues might be more about Heralds... and thus they might be held back until later.

But implicit assumption can be incorrect that book 6-10 will still focus on that night.

Or BS says... stuff it, let’s just go with the Heralds in book 4 prologue.

I personally don't think we're going to see Galivar's perspective until book 9 or 10. That's based more on a gut feeling than actual evidence. 

I think book 4 is going to be Sadeas. I think there will be a conversation between him and Gavilar as they wait for Szeth to reach them. 

I think book 5 is going to be Elhokar that will highlight his conversation with the Heralds. 

Edited by Kered

4 hours ago, Kered said:

I personally don't think we're going to see Galivar's perspective until book 9 or 10. That's based more on a gut feeling than actual evidence. 

Is it on record somewhere that the night of the assassination is going to be the Prologue for just the first 5 books and not all 10? I feel like that's the case, but I can't quite remember. 

6 hours ago, Andy92 said:

Is it on record somewhere that the night of the assassination is going to be the Prologue for just the first 5 books and not all 10? I feel like that's the case, but I can't quite remember. 

I haven't seen that yet, but I actually hope that's the case. A new prologue event for the back 5 would be pretty cool. 

11 hours ago, Andy92 said:

Yes it is:

Questioner

Are we going to get ten different perspectives for Gavilar's death?

Brandon Sanderson

You will get five.

3 minutes ago, Wax said:

Thanks... you can be the new Arcanum expert.  I looked for it but obviously didn’t use the right keywords....

I don't know I'd go that far. :lol: But, that WoB was really tricky to find since it doesn't use the word prologue at all, and isn't tagged. Fortunately, I remembered it well enough that I was able to search for "You will get five", and then it was the only result. :)

Is it going to be the party? As in again? This is going to get tiring reading the same events 7 more times. It would not likely be Dalinar (how do you hide spoilers?) as he would be like, Gav said to keep to the codes tonight, gunna drink anyway. 

Gavilar most likely, seeing as we now know (spoilers again but not really) what the anti glow stone was/is. 

Edited by Emily

2 hours ago, Emily said:

Is it going to be the party? As in again? This is going to get tiring reading the same events 7 more times. It would not likely be Dalinar (how do you hide spoilers?) as he would be like, Gav said to keep to the codes tonight, gunna drink anyway. 

Gavilar most likely, seeing as we now know (spoilers again but not really) what the anti glow stone was/is. 

We're only going to see that party twice more: once for Eshonai's book, and once for Stones Unhallowed (Szeth's book).  There's a WoB that I don't have time to dig out atm.  EDIT: Never mind, it's higher up the thread.  

Edited by Landis963

I have no idea for Book 4, but I suspect Gavilar for Book 5.  Just a feeling that would be the best character to end on.  

On 12/16/2017 at 6:52 AM, Kered said:

I haven't seen that yet, but I actually hope that's the case. A new prologue event for the back 5 would be pretty cool. 

Is it confirmed that the back 5 books will share a prologue scene from different viewpoints?

On 23/12/2017 at 9:24 PM, Felt said:

You guys are funny with the gender balancing, I LOLed until I cried :)

Well, across the 10 book arc, there are 5 main male and 5 female characters.

Even between radiants, it’s 50-50... so BS is keeping it pretty gender balanced by the ruler.

On 15/12/2017 at 3:12 PM, Wax said:

Who do you think will be the book 4 and 5's prologue characters?

I am choosing, "Other" for book 5 because I didn't want to put my response up as an option...coz I think even contemplating it is spoilery.  But who I've chosen is....

Hide contents

Gavilar

for book 5, and Venli for Book 4.  If you pick other, do discuss who you think it might be...

Exact same. Although after reading Oathbringer, I'm starting to wonder how much insight the prologue can honestly give us now. Unless it does the perspective of Kalak or someone who was at the party for a reason unrelated to the murder.

• Chaos locked this topic