Official Star Wars Episode VIII Spoiler Topic

Briar King

• 2 weeks later...

Bought Blu ray today. Awesome 2nd viewing! So much is explained in dialogue that haters where hating about. Is it flawless? No. 

Some really great deleted stuff among the 14(!) that would have been great to see in final. Some definitely deserved to be cut to be sure. 4 outstanding ones though.

I have 5 problems with this film.

1. The aparent ignorance of physics in space. @Briar King, maybe you can confirm this for me on your likely soon watch through, but during the chase between the first order, and the rebels, the lasers appear to be arcing into the ship. I mean, what the crap??? There’s no reasons. Also, how are the rebels, and the first order somehow perfectly going the same speed. If the first order has such a massive force, they have to have some faster ships.

2. The space Monte Carlo/Las Vegas. How is it totally ok for Finn and rose to free the horses for like 5 minutes, but not the slave children?? Also, BB8 is apparent  just some kind of ninja cowboy, who can somehow take out like 3 guards on his own.

3. Finn’s *almost* sucide run. The would have been a perfect ending to Finns arc, sacrificing himself to save the rebels. But rose, frickin rose, decides guess what, I am going to screw the rebels, and somehow go way faster then she previously could, and knock Finn out the way from the side. Then, as Finn saves her, she says this dumb line about saving what you love, not destroying what you hate. Does she not realize she is a part of a terrorism organization, and her sister literally sucide bombed like 72hrs ago. Plus, the time it takes for the cannon to fire implies the Finn’s run would have been successful, and she just caused Luke to have to kill himself. Thanks Rose!!

4. Tracking through hyperspace. So I don’t know if I misunderstood this, but the way this “new”(you’ll see why I put it in quotes later) works, is that it allows one to track through hyperspace, as opposed to getting a signal at the end, correct? So why does it appear that the tracking device that Leia gives Rey, also appears to do this?

5. Our world leaking into theirs. Yoda talking about “pageturners” might as well have been saying the books aren’t exactly New York Times best sellers. BB8 blowing the coin shooter thingy like he’s Clint Eastwood. The Chewie cooked port scene, while cute, bothered me immensely. I mean, he’s already cooked them. Do you just want him to throw it away. Chewies weakness for meat is literally a vital plot point for Return of the Jedi, is he now some kind of vegetarian?

My favorite scene from the whole movie is when rose is talking about how “bad” the armdealers are, and DJ shows Finn that the rebels use arms from armdealers too. It made me so happy, and made sense.

3/10

Edited by Snipexe

• 3 weeks later...