Mid-Range Game 26: Sands of Lossand

Jondesu

Sorry Jondesu, I'm back from holidays and I'm going to have to go with Kharaght for the excellent explanation for the name. Thanks Darkness!

As far as day one lynches go, I feel where Kynedath is coming from. It's no fun to get kicked from an awesome game on day one. That said, it looks like we have no choice in the matter. I'm okay with the tie and I'll throw out A Joe In the Bush, who has yet to post. Who knows, we might get a fifteen way tie after all.

ninja'd by Steeldancer and Alvron... guess we have three. Does anyone else want to nominate someone random. We're working with zero information right now anyway.

Edited by livinglegend

21 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

The cycle ends at 8 PM EST, which is almost two hours from now. Also, Joe is currently being lynched.

Updating Randuir's vote tally:

Arinian(0): alv

Roadwalker(1): Steeldancer, Darkness

Walin(1): Alv, rand

Joe(2): livinglegend, Megasif

I actually put 5PM in the timer and the beginning of this post, but only because that was the time I used to end signups and I got myself mixed up. 8PM EST is indeed when the cycle should end, so there’s an hour and 22 minutes remaining. I’ll fix the timer.

Alright then, wow, that's some really easy to analyse stuff you guys have said so far. At this point I wouldn't vote for any of the people who are up for lynch, since of them, only Walin has done anything remotely suspicious(Not really as suspicious as Randuir thinks), but Jesenesh Stormwind wants to kill both teams, so I will happily vote for Walin. 

Hey Alvron, if you vote for Roadwalker now, you can get a 3 way tie.

Hmm, I do want a tie but something about Joe's post feels off.  Almost like he really wants a three way tie to lessen his chances of being lynched.  It's ringing bells almost enough for me to vote for him.

But storm it, I love ties and random lynches.

Joe, if you turn out evil, I'm going to be very upset at you and myself.

Roadwalker.

"You can't even decide which one is the traitor?"

Koralis thundered at his officers, thieves, and beggars, who had brought him not one, but three candidates they believed were Black Sands filth.  Everyone seemed too indecisive for his liking, however.  He glared at the three kneeling before him.

"Silver Feather"

"Jesenesh Stormwind"

"Rennid"

"You have all failed me by not being trustworthy enough to earn the confidence of every man here.  You have failed yourself.  One of you will serve as an example to the rest."

Koralis' blade flashed once, then twice.  Hands and then a head fell to the sands, and he left them there.

"Get back to work!"

A Joe In The Bush has been lynched! They were a Kor Thief!

This cycle will run for 24 hours, ending at 8PM EST Dec 27.

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. Roadwalker as Silver Feather
  2. Steeldancer as Steel
  3. Kynedath as Schrito
  4. Devotary of Spontaneity as Erdon
  5. Randuir as Talzeen
  6. Straw as Gliht Bkackn
  7. A Joe In The Bush as Jesenesh Stormwind Kor Thief
  8. Ornstein as Pizanca
  9. Walin as Rennid
  10. Alvron as Ra
  11. Droughtbringer as themself
  12. Darkness_ as Grevilar S'nathar
  13. Arinian as Apophis
  14. A Budgie as Chocolarzin
  15. livinglegend as Kharaght
  16. Megasif as Vatch Aut

ora_1514422800.png

Okay, let's start with some activity notices. @Ornstein, you haven't posted in the thread yet. Are you out there? @Straw and @A Budgie, you haven't posted since N0, which is a couple of days ago. are you still following along?

Now, @Megasif, did you realize you weren't actually breaking a tie but putting Joe in the lead with your vote today? And if you did realize, what motivated you to do that?

10 hours ago, randuir said:

Okay, let's start with some activity notices. @Ornstein, you haven't posted in the thread yet. Are you out there? @Straw and @A Budgie, you haven't posted since N0, which is a couple of days ago. are you still following along?

Now, @Megasif, did you realize you weren't actually breaking a tie but putting Joe in the lead with your vote today? And if you did realize, what motivated you to do that?

Yh I thought there was plenty of time left for alv and others to re-vote their initial votes. Then I saw that the countdown had ended so thinking it might not count, I edited my post. After I found out there is actually time, I kept my vote on Joe.

And I'm sure Joe was tied with at least one other person. 

Morning rolled around with barely a whisper in Laesire the following day.  Granted, there was only minor changes in the shadows to indicate to the locals that morning was indeed here anyways, but where there was usually an increase in the hum in the air, it remained muted, hushed.

Grevilar was one of the few awake at this time, keeping his eyes open for Koralis' sake.  He truly believed the man was a force for good in the city, despite being it's most notorious crime lord; Koralis kept the scum of the city in check.  Grevilar was part of that scum, to a degree, but he saw himself making a difference. 

At least that's what he told himself.

At this moment, though, he was telling himself that someone up ahead was walking very suspiciously.  In Laesire, you didn't go around poking your nose into the Kor's business, and this shadowy figure had been peeking into curtains and stalls for some time now.  Grevilar glanced down towards Koralis' den, half expecting enforcers to be already on their way, but when he saw nothing, he glanced forward and saw nothing there either.

Nothing?

A small shadow peeked out slightly from a side street, and then slipped further inside. Grevilar drew his dagger and crept around the corner, watching for the figure who may have spotted him.  It wouldn't do any good to be caught unawares.  Koralis wouldn't be pleased.

As Grevilar drew up short, finding a silent alleyway with only some boxes piled up, he felt a sudden pang of realization as it hit him that he'd been tricked.

Or rather, he'd been hit.

From behind, another person tackled him low, around the waist, flinging him violently into the sand.  He rolled over, swinging his dagger, but finding only air, and gathered up the breath to shout for help.  He never got the chance, though, as a crossbow bolt pinned him to the ground through his eye.  Another two bolts followed for good measure, and Grevilar lay still for good, knowing that he had failed Koralis.

Darkness_ has been killed!  He was a Kor Thief!

This cycle will end in 48 hours, at 8PM EST December 29.

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. Roadwalker as Silver Feather
  2. Steeldancer as Steel
  3. Kynedath as Schrito
  4. Devotary of Spontaneity as Erdon
  5. Randuir as Talzeen
  6. Straw as Gliht Bkackn
  7. A Joe In The Bush as Jesenesh Stormwind Kor Thief
  8. Ornstein as Pizanca
  9. Walin as Rennid
  10. Alvron as Ra
  11. Droughtbringer as themself
  12. Darkness_ as Grevilar S'nathar Kor Thief
  13. Arinian as Apophis
  14. A Budgie as Chocolarzin
  15. livinglegend as Kharaght
  16. Megasif as Vatch Aut

ora_1514595600.png

EDIT: PMs are going out now, be patient please!

Edited by Jondesu

I think that I'll start us all off by voting Randuir. I feel like you're tiptoeing around and being extra careful to be useful. Or something. I dunno, you just feel off. 

I also noticed that you were expressing a lot of neutrality in your accusations like you didn't want to bring attention to yourself but at the same time throw suspicion onto the others.

Storm it Kynedath.  I was hoping to be the first poster again.  :P  Ah well.

Apophis!  You all know he is evil.  He admits to having already taken over half the planet and shrouding it in eternal darkness.  Join with me today to cast this vile serpent from our lands before it's too late.

If that happens, we can ask a gun holder to take them out.  :)  We can still have a tie lynch that cycle.  If there are no gun holders, which should be very unlikely unless they use them, then we can still tie it up.  Think of the elim sweating it out not knowing if they will die or not instead of just giving up and letting us kill them.  No fun that way.

7 hours ago, Kynedath said:

I think that I'll start us all off by voting Randuir. I feel like you're tiptoeing around and being extra careful to be useful. Or something. I dunno, you just feel off. 

I also noticed that you were expressing a lot of neutrality in your accusations like you didn't want to bring attention to yourself but at the same time throw suspicion onto the others.

Ehm, can you provide some examples, or be more specific here? I feel like I've been doing the very opposite of tip-toeing around by constantly asking questions and fishing for motivations. If anything, this will make me share the spotlight with whoever I'm questioning rather than hide myself. I mean, If I wanted to remain unseen and out of the picture, I could have just not posted anything after giving an impassioned speech about why I dislike D1 lynches or something.

It is true I haven't been expressing any strong convictions regarding someone's guilt yet, but I don't see how you can expect me to do so in C1. I don't try to sell my suspicions for more than they're worth, so If I have some minor reason to be suspicious of someone I don't present it as if its the be-all and end-all of proof.

5 hours ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Randuir. We can't just have all the lynches be ties, and Kynedath's reasoning is better than Alvron's. 

I mentioned the tie as a secondary motivation for my vote, but as I believe I also made clear I was suspicious of both roadwalker and walin, so I didn't particularly care which of the two got lynched. On the other hand, Alvron, Megasif and livinglegend all mentioned it as primary motivation for their vote. So why, exactly, are you voting on me here?

Edit: anyway, Darkness got killed. Did anyone hear something from him in PM's that might be a clue as to why? I reckon it probably has to do with the fact that he was a driving force behind the lynch yesterday, but whether it was because he was right in his suspicions, or because th elims merely want to make us think he was right (or because they want us to think that they want us to think that,....) I don't know.

Edited by randuir