Mid-Range Game 26: Sands of Lossand

Jondesu

Silver Feather rocked the RP, 'cause the entire planet (half of it) is one big desert.

Don't care 'bout D1 lynches.

Role-less good guy here.

15 hours ago, Walin said:

though with lots of inactivity.

Why do you say that?

Nativity-Merry-Christmas.jpg

Edited by Roadwalker

Ok finally got time to come online.

Randuir seems like his villagery self.

Darkness seems like a villager from his initial posts.

We should lynch today I think.

The only situation I see where we don't lynch is if there are NO suspicions whatsoever.

I'm sure the elims will also push for a lynch as well. And with very minor reasons. We can maybe use that to determine whether to go ahead with the lynch or not.

9 hours ago, Kynedath said:

Yeah, I get that, it is suspicious behavior. The thing is, I have been killed on day one before and I hated it. I was excited for the game but I couldn't play it because people wanted to collect information day one. I don't like making people feel that way. Even in games where I was an eliminator I hated being forced to kill someone. I have tried to convince the others not to kill someone, but not only were they not convinced, they also had very good arguments as to why they should have a D1 lynch. I understand their position, but I very much dislike the thought of killing someone right off the bat because you have no information yet. I kind of just don't want to hurt anybody's feelings I guess.

You can look back into other games I've played and I have never wanted to be a part of D1 killings, so this isn't me just advocating for a death that I'm not a part of, it's a trend of me not wanting to kill people on the first day.

I like you, mm very close to speaking the ideals, Windrunner I think.

I agree with all of this.

6 hours ago, Megasif said:

Ok finally got time to come online.

Randuir seems like his villagery self.

Darkness seems like a villager from his initial posts.

We should lynch today I think.

The only situation I see where we don't lynch is if there are NO suspicions whatsoever.

I'm sure the elims will also push for a lynch as well. And with very minor reasons. We can maybe use that to determine whether to go ahead with the lynch or not.

Well, a bit early for conclusive reads but regardless,

For the lynch, it is clear to all villagers I hope what would come out as elimy, in a situation where a lynch is necessary and there are no solid leads.

4 hours ago, Droughtbringer said:

*pokes head in*

I'll be trying a new strategy (for me) this game, and doing tons of analysis, so i'll try to make one big post per cycle where I go over all of my reads.

I played a Mafiauniverse game where I was forced to use that "strategy". It doesn't work, I'll go deeper into it if you want but I'm tired.

Mm, if you're going to do that please try and interact more with the thread, it will help your reads and analysis substantially.
Just doing that won't honestly, to me, be much worth unless it is pure rationalisation.

13 hours ago, Kynedath said:

Yeah, I get that, it is suspicious behavior. The thing is, I have been killed on day one before and I hated it. I was excited for the game but I couldn't play it because people wanted to collect information day one. I don't like making people feel that way. Even in games where I was an eliminator I hated being forced to kill someone. I have tried to convince the others not to kill someone, but not only were they not convinced, they also had very good arguments as to why they should have a D1 lynch. I understand their position, but I very much dislike the thought of killing someone right off the bat because you have no information yet. I kind of just don't want to hurt anybody's feelings I guess.

You can look back into other games I've played and I have never wanted to be a part of D1 killings, so this isn't me just advocating for a death that I'm not a part of, it's a trend of me not wanting to kill people on the first day.

Right, fair enough. The main reason I was pushing for more of an explanation w as to check whether you actually held convictions to this regard, or if you were just trying to use a throw-away statement to hide behind. It seems you passed that test :P.

11 hours ago, Roadwalker said:

Role-less good guy here.

Why do you feel the need to say this, Roadwalker? I really can't figure out how this is to the benefit of anyone.

Also, Merry Christmas* everyone!

*or cross-cultural equivalent

It seems that its too late to change my name back. Oh well.

In terms of a D1 lynch, I think that we should try to lynch someone just to prevent someone from dying to an RP vote. It's a little odd that Alvron is the only one to have placed a vote despite saying in his signup post that he's playing because of the tied vote mechanic, as it appears that the only reason for the vote is Arinian's name.

9 hours ago, randuir said:

Why do you feel the need to say this, Roadwalker? I really can't figure out how this is to the benefit of anyone.

I just kinda slapped that in there, I dont know why but I was thinking about how we could discover elims by their trying to use the correct wording from the gm pm. Not going to go anywhere with that.

21 hours ago, Roadwalker said:

Why do you say that?

I assumed people wouldn’t be online during the holidays. I guess I was mistaken. Lots o’ posts here.

I think I’m going to reveal my role in a couple cycles. I want to take an action before getting killed for my role. Or maybe I won’t get killed.

Happy Christmas; Merry Holidays, everyone!

2 hours ago, Ookla the Haphazard said:

In terms of a D1 lynch, I think that we should try to lynch someone just to prevent someone from dying to an RP vote. It's a little odd that Alvron is the only one to have placed a vote despite saying in his signup post that he's playing because of the tied vote mechanic, as it appears that the only reason for the vote is Arinian's name.

Knowing Alv, unless he has reason to actually be suspicious of Arin, he'll probably drop that vote in favor of a 15-way tie if the opportunity presents itself. Anyway, I'll go over the posts again tomorrow to see if anyone has given me enough cause for a lynch vote. If Alv does seem to be maintaining his vote on arin* I might make him part of a tie, but as I said, I don't expect him to maintain the vote without actual reasons.

edit: *without further explanation of his reasons

Edited by randuir

Ok I've actually read the rules now. 

On the perpetual debate of first day lynches,we don't have an option lol. Jondesu, i applaud your rules for a bunch of great things in them, i appreciate your attempts to solve some of the meta issues we've had recently. 

Um, i don't find anyone suspicious yet? I personally will probably wait until I start PMing people to make reads. 

32 minutes ago, randuir said:

Knowing Alv, unless he has reason to actually be suspicious of Arin, he'll probably drop that vote in favor of a 15-way tie if the opportunity presents itself. Anyway, I'll go over the posts again tomorrow to see if anyone has given me enough cause for a lynch vote. If Alv does seem to be maintaining his vote on arin* I might make him part of a tie, but as I said, I don't expect him to maintain the vote without actual reasons.

You know me so well.  :)  A 15 way tie would be so much fun.

3 hours ago, Ookla the Haphazard said:

It seems that its too late to change my name back. Oh well.

I was intending to PM you, but since I realized you’re the last Ookla in the game, as long as you pm me and make sure I know (and I’ll edit it into the player list), it’s okay for you to change back. I was thinking there were more remaining than there are.

Guys we have 12 hours to pick a lynch target.

So, I'm just going to decide someone that doesn't deserve to be lynched. But would be fun to.

On 25/12/2017 at 9:17 AM, Roadwalker said:

Role-less good guy here.

23 hours ago, randuir said:

13 hours ago, Roadwalker said:

I just kinda slapped that in there, I dont know why but I was thinking about how we could discover elims by their trying to use the correct wording from the gm pm. Not going to go anywhere with that.

Let's find out then if the Roadwalker is one to be trusted :P 

15 hours ago, Walin said:

I think I’m going to reveal my role in a couple cycles. I want to take an action before getting killed for my role. Or maybe I won’t get killed.

Okay... so what are you trying to achieve here, Walin? If I had a role that people would kill me for I would most definitely not advertise that fact, as this is basically daring the elims to kill you...assuming you are village of course. If you're an elim, then hinting that you might have an important role could make people less likely to lynch you, and keeping the specifics to yourself makes it harder for people to test your claim.

1 hour ago, randuir said:

Okay... so what are you trying to achieve here, Walin? If I had a role that people would kill me for I would most definitely not advertise that fact, as this is basically daring the elims to kill you...assuming you are village of course. If you're an elim, then hinting that you might have an important role could make people less likely to lynch you, and keeping the specifics to yourself makes it harder for people to test your claim.

Either way, we learn more from lynching either Road or Walin.

Road to see if he's lying, Walin to see what he's hidin

On 24.12.2017 at 2:57 AM, Alvron said:

Apophis.  He is the personification of all that is evil.  We must stop him before he devours me again this coming night or all is lost.  :) 

Well, this game takes place on Taldain so in fact I already have half of planet in the Eternal darkness :D. And I'm on hiatus from creating destruction and chaos or I'm just lying, who knows... who knows. 

And also both of us knows if I will try to create tie I will die... your level of luck it's just much higher than mine.

So I okay with voting on someone who not me and it would be nice if you will retract your vote from me.

1 hour ago, Darkness_ said:

Either way, we learn more from lynching either Road or Walin.

Road to see if he's lying, Walin to see what he's hidin

Yeah. I'll cast my vote against either of them before the day's out as it stands now. I want to see a response from them, if at all possible, first.

39 minutes ago, Roadwalker said:

I got Legion for Christmas!

Nice! I liked Legion quite a bit.

39 minutes ago, Roadwalker said:

What am I to respond to?

In your case I'd just like to see something content-wise, rather than a specific response to something. It's C1, and evidence is thin, so anything to make me better evaluate your alignment would help.

7 hours ago, Arinian said:

Well, this game takes place on Taldain so in fact I already have half of planet in the Eternal darkness :D. And I'm on hiatus from creating destruction and chaos or I'm just lying, who knows... who knows. 

And also both of us knows if I will try to create tie I will die... your level of luck it's just much higher than mine.

So I okay with voting on someone who not me and it would be nice if you will retract your vote from me.

You heard him folks.  Already Apophis has taken over half the world.  Join with me before he consumes the rest and all is lost!

There are some benefits of being a faithful follower of the Gods of Luck and Chance.  Maybe consider converting?  :P 

Sure, why not. Apophis. Perhaps you will join with me to tie the vote elsewhere.

8 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

Um, roadwalker. I want to prevent a tie, and roadwalker is the only person who I'm even slightly suspicious of. 

Well I don't want to prevent a tie.  :P  So I'm voting for Walin as they are my best shot of getting someone else to vote for and tying it up for some fun.

Just now, randuir said:

Between Walin and roadwalker, I think roadwalker's actions are quite roadwalkerish, which is more NAI then elim-leaning, so I'm voting Walin.

Vote tally:

Arinian(0): alv

Roadwalker(2): Steeldancer, Darkness

Walin(2): Alv, rand

let the tie-games begin!

Well, I absolutely okay with this tie. So I don't think that there any need for me to vote :D