Mid-Range Game 26: Sands of Lossand

Jondesu

24 minutes ago, Megasif said:

And what is that about scans Devotary. Are you the scanner? Sorry I've been rather inattentive in some regards.

Yes Devotary scanner. And Devotary's scans is main reason why Rand was lynched, and Rand was elim(if your attention was so low).

The way Arinian reacted when they were in danger last cycle and Alv saying they don't suspect them anymore and using that as a lifeline to take votes off themselves. I think they could be an elim.

No Alv not elim Devotary scanned him.

This clearly should've gone through last cycle. Perfect chance for the elims to push me as one or two have voiced their suspicion on me. 

If I remember right I were first who voiced suspicions of you.

Edit: If Arinian is elim, it's very possible Ornstein is also an elim because of the way Arinian is talking about Ornstein.

No Ornstein just doing or saying weird things often.

1 hour ago, Arinian said:

Yes Devotary scanner. And Devotary's scans is main reason why Rand was lynched, and Rand was elim(if your attention was so low).

No Alv not elim Devotary scanned him.

If I remember right I were first who voiced suspicions of you.

No Ornstein just doing or saying weird things often.

lol was rand elim!!??

Okay why isn't Devotary dead. He can't keep getting protected right?

And this way he can keep getting confirmed villagers. I'm thinking it could be a ploy and a WGG by the elims.

*Goes to go check the rules/roles list*

13 minutes ago, Megasif said:

lol was rand elim!!??

Okay why isn't Devotary dead. He can't keep getting protected right?

And this way he can keep getting confirmed villagers. I'm thinking it could be a ploy and a WGG by the elims.

*Goes to go check the rules/roles list*

You joking? Sorry but I don't believe you, looks like elim trying to play fool. Devotary can get protection every turn.

Hey! @Steeldancer Inspection time!

Spoiler

Village Read:yes.PNG.a26c22fa068326a7e848e5c64df20747.PNG

Neutral Read:maybe.PNG.56aef4fffd5cc1d57b31ee3245f0465b.PNG

Elim Read:no.PNG.c451c4e83dd690fd30d2dc026bad20ed.PNG

NAI: Blank

Spoiler

States that he will be somewhat inactive. States that he will not be on until after Christmas.

Spoiler

Says he will PM people in order to make his reads. Can anyone confirm a PM from Steeldancer?

Spoiler

Votes for me. no.PNG.c451c4e83dd690fd30d2dc026bad20ed.PNG

Spoiler

Takes his vote off of me to prevent a tie. maybe.PNG.56aef4fffd5cc1d57b31ee3245f0465b.PNG

Spoiler

Defends Randuir.

Spoiler

Votes on drought for somewhat trivial reasons, but retracts and votes on randuir after Devotary reveals the scan results. (He is the second vote on rand.) yes.PNG.a26c22fa068326a7e848e5c64df20747.PNG

Spoiler

Expresses annoyance with Alv's and Arin's continued antics.

Spoiler

Votes on Rand again.

Spoiler

Joins the Apophis, Ra shenanigans.

Spoiler

Denounces the Apophis, Ra shenanigans.

Spoiler

I would like to point out Alv's response to Steeldancer's vote, which sums up the last few points pretty well:

First he starts off today by bringing up the Ra vs Apophis debate making it bigger than just the fun I've been having the last few cycles.

Then he 'suggests' that we both get lynched which means no real discussion this round.

And once the ball gets rolling, he tries to back away from it despite it being his idea in the first place.

Spoiler

Votes on livinglegend to break the tie. (Leaning slightly elim.)

1 minute ago, Arinian said:

You joking? Sorry but I don't believe you, looks like elim trying to play fool. Devotary can get protection every turn.

Yeah, at this point the bodyguard knows exactly who to protect. 

@Roadwalker I totally forgot that we had PMs... I did mean to lol 

Edited by Steeldancer

ApophisOrnstein.  I trust Ari more than Mega or Ornstein so I'm more than happy to have the lynch be tied between the two of them.

Vote tally:
Ornstein (2): Devotary, Alv
Ari (1): Alv, Mega
Mega (2): Steel, Ari

56 minutes ago, Arinian said:

Yes I was joking about Randuir. However, before I proceed, Arinian.

I have a confession to make. I haven't been reading all the posts. I have just now caught up on all of it.I voted randuir simply because of his last minute vote on a budgie.

So Walin and Devotary both role-reveal on the same day. Yet the elims decide to go for Walin and kill him rather than our scanner. I don''t get why? They should've ideally gone for Devotary. I doubt the guard would protect him thinking it an elim trick at that point. or even if the bodyguard did protect devotary, it was still worth the risk. Then Randuir turns out to be an elim and the next night, the elims attack Devotary. 

Elims could very easily have a bodyguard role as well. And after sacrificing Randuir, they can use WGG on devotary and then get him to start trusting their elimmates. 

A few problems in this theory:

Too soon to put it into motion?

Why sacrifice Randuir? 

Elims have not attempted another attack on Devotary because the bodyguard has been protecting devotary every night and elims want to find the bodyguard first. 

Points in favour of this theory:

Alvron hasn't been targeted even though he's been proven as a village. If he can never be lynched, makes sense to get rid of him.

Kyne's death. Drought has had a few suspicions and I believe one of them was from Kyne. kyndedeath suspected randuir initially and wanted to vote alvron previous cycle before he was told Alv has been snooped. 

If we are indeed being fooled, then Alvron's vote tie's are essentially tools being used to make sure another villager is always in the tie. It gets rid of the elim wagon and puts another wagon by bringing up a villager wagon.

Or maybe it's just Alv being Alv.

Arinian is actually off the table for me here. For now.

Steeldancer trying to make me a lynch today. With a weird reason. Can I ask you to offer something more substantial. 

Darkness was N1 kill, he was suspicious of Roadkwalker and roadwalker hasn't been suspected since. He was a possible lynch the first day. But it could be framing. But I actually liked Road's case on Steeldancer. 

No idea on ornstein at the moment though.

I think today I want to go Steeldancer.

Thoughts?

Edit: I'm sure there could be another village snoop. In which case, I suggest they target Devotary tonight. 

Edited by Megasif

The problem with the fake scanner ploy is that at some stage we have to kill them to confirm anything they have to say.  Outing Rand so early puts the Elims on the back foot fairly early.  It would've been better to wait another couple of cycles to do that.

As for Devotary, I was planning on calling for his death next cycle to confirm his scans unless he came up with another elim this night.

The twist I was thinking is where they accurately pick a villager or two and get their trust as well. E.g. they correctly state that you didn't target anyone and therefore you're a villager. And you actually are. Then you would trust them.

The danger is if they target a village role who used their action and the scanner says 'they didn't use any action last night, therefore they are a villager' then that person can counter claim. 

But reading through again, Devotary actually appears to be sincere but it's still a possibility so I'd rather state it to the thread than staying quiet and getting lynched. 

The above point makes me not want to lynch one of the scanner's targets in case they correctly called them villager to get their trust. It will end up with a villager getting lynched and we're still not sure whether the scanner is telling the truth or not. On the other hand, I don't think the elim ploy makes it so all the elims are put up on the trusted list as the scanner getting revealed as fake, puts them on the hit list. 

We could go with your suggestion and lynch devotary tomorrow. hmm. 

Edit: Pending the condition, of course, of getting us another elim.

Edited by Megasif

41 minutes ago, Alvron said:

ApophisOrnstein.  I trust Ari more than Mega or Ornstein so I'm more than happy to have the lynch be tied between the two of them.

Vote tally:
Ornstein (2): Devotary, Alv
Ari (1): Alv, Mega
Mega (2): Steel, Ari

I honestly don't want ties at that point because they mixing my reads. Not gonna say what you should do but atleast think about possibility of not creating ties :D.

27 minutes ago, Megasif said:

Yes I was joking about Randuir. However, before I proceed, Arinian.

Blah blah blah. You two cycles in a row voted for me and now confessing that you haven't read thread and voted for me without logical reasons?

27 minutes ago, Megasif said:

Elims could very easily have a bodyguard role as well. And after sacrificing Randuir, they can use WGG on devotary and then get him to start trusting their elimmates. 

I actualy thought about possibility of WGG but discarded that idea, for now, based on reasons pointed by Alv.

So Walin and Devotary both role-reveal on the same day. Yet the elims decide to go for Walin and kill him rather than our scanner. I don''t get why? They should've ideally gone for Devotary. I doubt the guard would protect him thinking it an elim trick at that point. or even if the bodyguard did protect devotary, it was still worth the risk. Then Randuir turns out to be an elim and the next night, the elims attack Devotary. 

Well maybe elims wanted to try to save Rand as we can see he even survived 1 cycle, maybe that's why they kept Devotary alive for 1 cycle or pretty usual scenario Devotary not scan role but in contact with Snoop, maybe elims thought that it so. Honestly I even don't want to think about this part cause there thousands of possibilities, it's all IKYKs. 

2 minutes ago, Arinian said:

I honestly don't want ties at that point because they mixing my reads. Not gonna say what you should do but atleast think about possibility of not creating ties :D.

Blah blah blah. You two cycles in a row voted for me and now confessing that you haven't read thread and voted for me without logical reasons?

I actualy thought about possibility of WGG but discarded that idea, for now, based on reasons pointed by Alv.

Well maybe elims wanted to try to save Rand as we can see he even survived 1 cycle, maybe that's why they kept Devotary alive for 1 cycle or pretty usual scenario Devotary not scan role but in contact with Snoop, maybe elims thought that it so. Honestly I even don't want to think about this part cause there thousands of possibilities, it's all IKYKs. 

Well not exactly that I haven't read the thread but more like I missed some bits. Namely, Devotary's claim. And my vote on you was as logical as Alv's vote on you. 

That's about it today from me. 

8 minutes ago, Arinian said:

Very well, I'll think about it.
Image result for im thinking gif

2 hours ago, Megasif said:

Edit: I'm sure there could be another village snoop. In which case, I suggest they target Devotary tonight. 

If there was another village snoop, they probably would have targeted me by now, as they've had 3 nights to do so.

1 hour ago, Alvron said:

As for Devotary, I was planning on calling for his death next cycle to confirm his scans unless he came up with another elim this night.

I'm okay with this plan.

1 hour ago, Arinian said:

I doubt the elims thought I was in contact with a snoop, as PMs are only open at night and I don't get my scan results until after the night is over.

Ornstein and livinglegend haven't posted, so they can't take any actions even if they are elims. @Jondesu, if either of them are eliminators, would they scan as having taken actions if an active eliminator puts in a kill order?

I won't change my vote, though, as Megasif is looking better even though he somehow missed my roleclaim despite being the next person to post.

2 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Ornstein and livinglegend haven't posted, so they can't take any actions even if they are elims. @Jondesu, if either of them are eliminators, would they scan as having taken actions if an active eliminator puts in a kill order?

If any Black Sands member places a kill order, all of them (active or inactive) will show up as having targeted the victim.

Once again, two accusations were brought before Koralis.  They all knew they needed to unite better, but none of them was willing to trust more than one or two others, and even then they kept a wary eye.

Pizanca had been thrust forward, followed by Autch Vat, with wary voices accusing them of various suspicious things, most reluctant to be firmly identified to their increasingly irate leader.

Koralis didn't even hesitate this time.  He flipped the coin, and struck as it touched the sand.  Pizanca looked up in horror and relief at the body of Autch Vat laying next to him, and then fled with the others into the bright light outside.

Not until later did most of them realize that Koralis hadn't even spoken a word.  If they had, most would have realized their precarious position within his organization.

Megasif has died! They were a Kor Thief!

Player List: 

Spoiler
  1. Roadwalker as Silver Feather
  2. Steeldancer as Steel
  3. Kynedath as Schrito  Kor Thief
  4. Devotary of Spontaneity as Erdon
  5. Randuir as Talzeen Black Sands Thief
  6. Straw as Gliht Bkackn Kor Thief
  7. A Joe In The Bush as Jesenesh Stormwind Kor Thief
  8. Ornstein as Pizanca
  9. Walin as Rennid Black Market Arms Dealer
  10. Alvron as Ra
  11. Droughtbringer as themself
  12. Darkness_ as Grevilar S'nathar Kor Thief
  13. Arinian as Apophis
  14. A Budgie as Chocolarzin Kor Thief
  15. livinglegend as Kharaght
  16. Megasif as Vatch Aut Kor Thief

This cycle will end in 24 hours, at 8PM EST Jan 8.

ora_1515459600.png

Edited by Jondesu
Included death~

Everyone had slunk back to their hiding spots, determined to weather both Koralis' wrath and the peril of the Black Sands. Ihsan's name was now being whispered almost as often as Koralis, and no one in the entire town had yet seen him, to their knowledge.  This shadowy figure was beginning to overshadow their brooding crime lord, and all could feel that they might get blown away in the conflict like a rag in a sandstorm.

As time passed, they eventually peeked out, looking for the inevitable latest victim.  Try as they might, though, they found nothing out of the ordinary.  This time, they were all still alive.

No one has died.

Player List: 

Spoiler
  1. Roadwalker as Silver Feather
  2. Steeldancer as Steel
  3. Kynedath as Schrito  Kor Thief
  4. Devotary of Spontaneity as Erdon
  5. Randuir as Talzeen Black Sands Thief
  6. Straw as Gliht Bkackn Kor Thief
  7. A Joe In The Bush as Jesenesh Stormwind Kor Thief
  8. Ornstein as Pizanca
  9. Walin as Rennid Black Market Arms Dealer
  10. Alvron as Ra
  11. Droughtbringer as themself
  12. Darkness_ as Grevilar S'nathar Kor Thief
  13. Arinian as Apophis
  14. A Budgie as Chocolarzin Kor Thief
  15. livinglegend as Kharaght
  16. Megasif as Vatch Aut Kor Thief

This cycle will end in 48 hours, at 8PM EST Jan 10.

ora_1515632400.png