Mid-Range Game 26: Sands of Lossand

Jondesu

Hmmm.... Take a look at these two posts from @livinglegend and @Megasif:

As far as day one lynches go, I feel where Kynedath is coming from. It's no fun to get kicked from an awesome game on day one. That said, it looks like we have no choice in the matter. I'm okay with the tie and I'll throw out A Joe In the Bush, who has yet to post. Who knows, we might get a fifteen way tie after all.

... Does anyone else want to nominate someone random. We're working with zero information right now anyway.

and then:

Let's increase the stakes on the tie.

A Joe In the Bush.

Alright. From out of nowhere, near the end of the cycle, two votes on Joe, who was a Kor thief. Weird.

--

In a later cycle, livinglegend says it would be a shame to lynch randuir, as he is an active poster and encouraging discussion. Then votes on Walin. (Walin = Villager) This is NAI because legend retracts the vote later.

Overall read on livinglegend: NAI, leaning slightly elim.

Koralis had an uncharacteristic expression on his face as he listened to his men argue.  He'd heard it called the "face palm", but in his case, it was the "someone is going to die soon" look. If these illogical arguments didn't blow away with the sands soon, he'd send the lot of them packing with no water!

"Apophis!"

"Ra!"

"Donkey!"

Finally, the group shoved forward a nameless beggar who claimed to be a living legend, and Gliht Bkackn, both of whom dropped to their knees with wild eyes.  Neither seemed to know why they were there, and the Kors didn't seem to know better either. Finally, Koralis' hand dropped to his sword and he stood up and roared.

"Silence!"

The group fell silent except for a few whimpers. He held their gazes. "Every one of you has failed me, whether by design or by malice.  Bring me the Black Sands, or may your tongue be parched forever!"

He pointed at the two men in front of him as he pulled a coin from his pocket. 

"Heads, you die," pointing at Gliht. "Tails, you lose," he pointed at the beggar this time.

He flipped the coin.

"It was him!" shrieked Gliht. "That name doesn't even have a name! It was him!"

The coin landed.

Heads.

Gliht's head landed next to it.

Straw was randomly lynched. He was a Kor Thief!

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. Roadwalker as Silver Feather
  2. Steeldancer as Steel
  3. Kynedath as Schrito
  4. Devotary of Spontaneity as Erdon
  5. Randuir as Talzeen Black Sands Thief
  6. Straw as Gliht Bkackn Kor Thief
  7. A Joe In The Bush as Jesenesh Stormwind Kor Thief
  8. Ornstein as Pizanca
  9. Walin as Rennid Black Market Arms Dealer
  10. Alvron as Ra
  11. Droughtbringer as themself
  12. Darkness_ as Grevilar S'nathar Kor Thief
  13. Arinian as Apophis
  14. A Budgie as Chocolarzin Kor Thief
  15. livinglegend as Kharaght
  16. Megasif as Vatch Aut

This cycle will end in 24 hours, on Friday Jan 5, 2018.

ora_1515200400.png

The Kors got little sleep that night, many choosing to simply sit in the sunlight despite their fatigue, desperate to avoid Koralis’ rage, and the Black Sands’ daggers. 

Vatch Aut and Pizanca watched each other warily, as well as watching for anyone suspicious. They knew by now that the Black Sands had to have infiltrated the Kors at some point previously, which made old friends suddenly turn into dangerous foes in their minds.

As each eyed the other, they both missed for too long the falling ashes wafting down into the street. Mixing with the sand, they created an eerie connection to the name of their enemies.

A connection all too literal for Schrito. His ashes rained down on Laesire from his burning room, a sign to all that Ihsan would rule Laesire even if he had to blacken the sand for miles around.

Kynedath has been killed! They were a Kor Thief!

Player List: 

Spoiler
  1. Roadwalker as Silver Feather
  2. Steeldancer as Steel
  3. Kynedath as Schrito  Kor Thief
  4. Devotary of Spontaneity as Erdon
  5. Randuir as Talzeen Black Sands Thief
  6. Straw as Gliht Bkackn Kor Thief
  7. A Joe In The Bush as Jesenesh Stormwind Kor Thief
  8. Ornstein as Pizanca
  9. Walin as Rennid Black Market Arms Dealer
  10. Alvron as Ra
  11. Droughtbringer as themself
  12. Darkness_ as Grevilar S'nathar Kor Thief
  13. Arinian as Apophis
  14. A Budgie as Chocolarzin Kor Thief
  15. livinglegend as Kharaght
  16. Megasif as Vatch Aut

This cycle will end in 43 hours, at 8PM EST Jan 7.

Edited by Jondesu
Corrected cycle end time

We have 9 players left, and of those, there are probably 3 eliminators.

Villagers: Alvron-cleared by scan, Droughtbringer-cleared by scan, Devotary-This is me

Almost certainly Villager: Arinian-Defused lynch on Alvron when he was alternative candidate

Likely Villagers, but possibly not: Steeldancer-voted for Randuir D2 when his guilt was not assured, opposes ties but was temporarily in favor of a tie vote between Alvron and Arinian; Megasif-tried to vote for Randuir N2, first to vote for him D3, supported killing both Alvron and Arinian

Most likely to be Eliminators, if only because everyone else is somewhat cleared: Roadwalker-Claims roleless villager, is suspicious of Megasif and Livinglegend; Ornstein-Supported shooting Alvron or Arinian, changed his mind when both were cleared; Livinglegend-Survived yesterday's lynch

I will vote on Ornstein, as he seems the most suspicious of the lower three.

22 minutes ago, Droughtbringer said:

Again...?

The fight between Light and Darkness is eternal and ongoing for one side can never defeat the other yet they both must continue to try.  As it is written, so shall it be.

1 hour ago, Droughtbringer said:

Fair enough.

But since when are you the Light?

What are you talking about?  I am Ra, the physical embodiment of Light, Life and all that is good in the world.  How could you not know of me?  Unless you serve the forces of Darkness....

Apophis

This clearly should've gone through last cycle. Perfect chance for the elims to push me as one or two have voiced their suspicion on me. 

The way Arinian reacted when they were in danger last cycle and Alv saying they don't suspect them anymore and using that as a lifeline to take votes off themselves. I think they could be an elim.

And what is that about scans Devotary. Are you the scanner? Sorry I've been rather inattentive in some regards.

Edit: If Arinian is elim, it's very possible Ornstein is also an elim because of the way Arinian is talking about Ornstein.

Edited by Megasif