[OB] Syladin

Storm It!

Thanks for the discussion everyone. Definitely love reading everyone's thoughts on the topic. 

I am a firm supporter of  the Syladin ship and think there's plenty of evidence and WOB that gives wind to its sails...or steam to the engine...

what kind of boat is this anyway?

16 hours ago, Storm It! said:

what kind of boat is this anyway?

Mandra-pulled Reacher ship!

New WoB below.... I am sorta thinking there could be something real to this ship? At least on Syl’s side?

Questioner [PENDING REVIEW]

Is there any significance to Syl appearing to Kaladin in full sized human form?

Brandon Sanderson [PENDING REVIEW]

To her?  Yes.  In world, I would not say a huge significance.

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/312-orem-signing/#e8950

Edited by Dreamstorm
Added new WoB

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

And there relationship is very similar in all the other ways too  she's always flying around him just like Tinkerbell and there just as close and care about each other the same way but I don't think it will ever be romantic

On 12/21/2017 at 4:21 PM, Shadowmancer said:

And we have the story about the moons in OB, where a human has a child with a moon as the origin for Aimians, which sounds a lot to me like interspecies relationship, perhaps between a Bondsmith and one of their spren.

not the origins of the Aimians the origins of the Natanatans.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm heartbroken about Shalladin falling through.

I see the Syladin ship happening but I don't really ship Syl and Kaladin romantically. It's kind of a Lilo and Stitch situation for me. That kind of bond and love is what I see them having in the future and I'm game for it to happen.

That being said, if Kaladin does end up with Syl (I doubt it'll be romantic but Kaladin choosing to staying devoted to his spren and his oaths is something I see him doing), I'll find it really amusing that he's going to be technically 'married' to his honor. Zuko anybody?

My issue with this is that I see their relationship as one that an uncle and niece who close in age might have.  It starts as an almost parental relationship (but never that absolute) and than evolves into a very equal footed sort of thing. The idea of them being romantically involved just makes me cringe.

It still never felt like a romantic relationship to me. Intimate, yes... how could it not be? I like the Tinkerbell analogy, actually. I always imagined the spren bond as a Cosmere-brand mix between that of a familiar, guardian angel, anthropomorphic conscience, and now Tinkerbell :D

As far as Kal's love life goes, I've said it a bunch, but I feel like we had just enough flashbacks and strong evidence that Tarah will be making a big comeback in this next book, or book 5 at the very latest. 

I think the relationship between Sylphrena and Kaladin has the most potential to grow and become canon ,compared to other fan ships people have proposed .

I personally don't believe their has to be a physical relationship between Syl and Kaladin for it to be a loving romantic relationship. I also don't understand why others have qualms with the ship becoming canon if there is no  "physical" part of it .( meaning I don"t understand the person saying the ship was comparable to man x tapeworm , and not only because of the fact that tapeworms don't grant awesome abilities ) 

• Chaos locked this topic