[OB] Kaladin and Returned

Xaladin

Kaladin sees the nine shadows in the painting "intended only for a divinity to see" the painting by Nenefra (an obvious Nalthis name) from the Court of Gods (in Hallandren). Of course it was supposed to have been burned in the court.

So, was the painting, in fact, intended for Kaladin (who kind of qualifies given how much Investiture he uses), or can the same piece of art in fact function for more than one deity to different ends?

I think the amount of Stormlight Kaladin can hold is almost nothing to the trove of Breaths that the God King Holds. Pretty much immunity, ageless, and at the end it is just a bunch of question marks. But just a hint is the fact that he was never trained in Awakening but was able to awaken tons of objects, without touch, is a glimpse of the amount of investiture and abilities he carries.

Maybe that artist is a world hopper, is 5th Heightening or higher, and is extremely in touch with the Cognitive Realm.

9 hours ago, Naurock said:

I think the amount of Stormlight Kaladin can hold is almost nothing to the trove of Breaths that the God King Holds.

I find it hard to get a basis for comparison because the way Breaths work is so different from Stormlight.  Kaladin has easy-come, easy-go investiture: just breathe in to get more (from storage devices that are recharged on a regular basis) but it steadily leaks out if not used and is depleted far more rapidly if he does magic with it.  Whereas Susebron has a giant store of long-lasting investiture, which he burns through at a slow rate of one breath per day and can do magic without depleting his store at all.

In terms of concrete effects, the God King is immortal, but Radiants pretty much are too while holding Stormlight.  Shallan took an arrow through the head and was fine!  They don't even need to breathe while in this state.

I do suspect the God King has more raw investiture, but am finding it hard to find actual proof of that...

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 8:57 PM, Naurock said:

I think the amount of Stormlight Kaladin can hold is almost nothing to the trove of Breaths that the God King Holds. Pretty much immunity, ageless, and at the end it is just a bunch of question marks. But just a hint is the fact that he was never trained in Awakening but was able to awaken tons of objects, without touch, is a glimpse of the amount of investiture and abilities he carries.

Maybe that artist is a world hopper, is 5th Heightening or higher, and is extremely in touch with the Cognitive Realm.

Remember Lightsong was able to see visions in those paintings, and he was not the God king. So Kaladin need not have as much Investiture as the God king, just a regular Returned, which I find highly plausible.

• Chaos locked this topic