Mistborn vs. Feruchemist Questions

elinox

If this has already been discussed, I apologize, but I couldn't find it. 

We know that there are Mistborn, someone who can burn all Allomantic metals, and Mistings, someone who can only burn one Allomantic metal.

We also know that a Feruchemist stores various abilities within physical manifestations of the those same metals (usually in the form of jewelry). Sazed, for example, can tap into all the Allomantic metals. At least, as far as I can tell?

But can a Feruchemist only have access to one metal? Like just have a Coppermind? Basically what I want to know is, is there a Feruchemy equivalent to a Misting?

Also, do Mistoborn exist that can only use, say two metals, not all of them? Or do they always have access to every metal? So they can either have all metals (Mistborn) or just one (Misting)?

Thanks!

As King Cole stated, a Feruchemist who can only use a single power is referred to as a "Ferring".

Currently, for both Allomancers and Feruchemists, it seems to be possible to be born with only one or all of the powers. Mistborn or Misting. Feruchemist or Ferring. We have seen "Twinborn" which are people who are both a Misting and a Ferring; i.e. they have one Allomantic power and one Feruchemical power. We have also seen a "Fullborn", which is someone who is both a Mistborn and a Feruchemist (they have access to all abilities from both Allomancy and Feruchemy and are absolutely overpowered).

What we have not seen natural versions of are a person who is a Mistborn and a Ferring or a Feruchemist and a Misting. 

Furthermore, via Hemalurgy, it is possible for a person to gain additional powers (one per spike). Also, the medallions from the southern continent can grant temporary powers from both the Allomantic and the Feruchemical table.

The other already replied deeply about the Ferrings (One Power Feruchemists).

There are not natural way to be' a "two Powers in the same powerset Metalborn" (Metalborn is someone with Allomantic or Feruchemical Powers).

The only ways to obtain that scenario are:

- Hemalurgy

- gain mechanically the Powers (I remain vague as you don't read the Era2 yet)

- Lerasium Alloys (that gift a Misting Power and therefore if you are already a Misting and you swallow an Alloy to gain another Allomantic Power, you Will have two Powers).

It could happen to have a single Allomantic Power and a single Feruchemical Power naturally also if It's very rare.

Edited by Yata

On 12/9/2017 at 2:26 AM, Yata said:

The other already replied deeply about the Ferrings (One Power Feruchemists).

There are not natural way to be' a "two Powers in the same powerset Metalborn" (Metalborn is someone with Allomantic or Feruchemical Powers).

The only ways to obtain that scenario are:

- Hemalurgy

- gain mechanically the Powers (I remain vague as you don't read the Era2 yet)

- Lerasium Alloys (that gift a Misting Power and therefore if you are already a Misting and you swallow an Alloy to gain another Allomantic Power, you Will have two Powers).

It could happen to have a single Allomantic Power and a single Feruchemical Power naturally also if It's very rare.

That would not be  true the  given that we see twin borns in the 2nd era being you know born naturally.

It is quite possible for there to be a twin born be a combination as follows beyond the single twin born powers

Full mistborn full ferochemist

Full mist born  single  power ferochemist

Single allomantic power full ferochemist

The unsettling issue in the 2nd era is did harmony stop full ferochemist and  mistborn  from being born.   As it does seem unnatural  that neither have been born since sazed saved the world. 

1 hour ago, Xiophen said:

That would not be  true the  given that we see twin borns in the 2nd era being you know born naturally.

If you read my post. You probably noticed that I mentioned have "two Powers in the same powerset" and Twinborns don't fall into that definition.

I also mentioned the twinborns in the last paragrapher but It's not what the OP asked.

By the way, Harmony didn't prevent Mistborn and Full Feruchemist to happen, Simply the Feruchemical genes and the Allomantic genes mix bad together and prevent the full extension of each One. This is the reason the Ferring appears...the F-genes was messed by the Allomantic ones.

And most of the strong nobles bloodlines were mostly destroyed, the Allomantic potential was diluited too much to gave birth to a Mistborn.

This and a full Feruchemist could still happen in pure bloodlines but It's extremely rare (I am even sure It exist yet a pure Nobles Bloodline)

• Chaos locked this topic