Which Shard would you take up?

ShardofThought

Question

The one i would want: I would enjoy endowment, just to see what people could do with it. I would rather sit down with people i like and develop new technology with them.

The one i hope i am more aligned with is honor, but the one i probably would be more aligned with

Unualakie, god of mischief and travel :D

Odium, pure and simple. He brings the wrath and omnipotence down like an old testament God without any of the depression and remorse common to the other shards. He legitimately seems to enjoy himself, whereas most of the other gods seem pretty down on life.

Cultivation second because she's managed to not devolve into a murderous psychopath while still apparently having a decent time, and that does still have value to me.

Yes, I would make and destroy planets; anyone who has played SimCity and pressed the disaster button even once is lying if they claim they'd do otherwise. :D

Harmony. 

For one, you got the power of two shards behind you, instead of one. As far as we know that is unique in the Cosmere right now, seeing as Odium refuses to merge with more Shards. I'd say that as Harmony you also have more autonomy of thought, but its Vessel is relatively young so that might still change. 

It's close between Harmony or Autonomy. With Harmony I would try to interpret the Intent into an Intent that seeks to bring harmony to all things, and I would try to use that to stop Harmony's instinct towards inaction. 

With Autonomy I just think it would be hilarious. Just trolling the other Shards and the planets I was invested on. 

On 12/12/2017 at 6:56 PM, Ookla the Capricious said:

Is Harmony counted as a shard that could be chosen? I know that there is a WoB that says that Brandon counts them as two shards.

Two shards that are now inextricably linked, also by WoB.  

Thanatos17901

If Sazed were to die, would he drop the Shards Ruin and Preservation, or would he drop the Shard Harmony?

Brandon Sanderson

Excellent question. The shards are now intermingled, and would take effort to split apart. He would drop Harmony. (This is what Odium feared would happen, by the way.)

On 12/12/2017 at 6:56 PM, Ookla the Capricious said:

Is Harmony counted as a shard that could be chosen? I know that there is a WoB that says that Brandon counts them as two shards.

There's this WoB on the subject:

Thanatos17901

If Sazed were to die, would he drop the Shards Ruin and Preservation, or would he drop the Shard Harmony?

Brandon Sanderson

Excellent question. The shards are now intermingled, and would take effort to split apart. He would drop Harmony. (This is what Odium feared would happen, by the way.)

But I think he's also mentioned that Harmony could be split back into Preservation and Ruin, but it would take an intentional and direct effort. 

17 hours ago, Kered said:

There's this WoB on the subject:

But I think he's also mentioned that Harmony could be split back into Preservation and Ruin, but it would take an intentional and direct effort. 

The reason I am asking is because I stumbled across this WoB:

Questioner

As of Shadows of Self, how many Shards are there on Scadrial?

Brandon Sanderson

*nervous laugh* There are two [...] Harmony counts as two Shards. I do mean it that way, and I am giving you clarification so you don't all freak out.

23 minutes ago, Ookla the Capricious said:

The reason I am asking is because I stumbled across this WoB:

Could be Brandon alluding to the fact that Sazed views himself as maintaining harmony between two separate shards and not as single shard. His Intent could change over time.  

I would choose devotion. Assuming it could be brought together again. Has just as much drive as ambition but with a more humble tinge. I would keep The investiture with AonDor and guide the people to devote their resources to creating a better and better society. A world full of peace. Then take it from there. Unless of course the shard itself has it’s own ideas on what to devote it’s power to.

I would love to have Ruin. Partially for the sheer fun it would be to see how basic I could get matter to decay to, and partially because of having a complete counter balance in Preservation. I have always loved the Yin and Yang sort of theories. Truth versus deception. Up versus down. Life versus death. These types of contradictions and complements fascinate me and I would love to have that. Also it's simple fun to go around knocking stuff down! I know that's a bit sadist but hey, most people have that sort of thought!

As a close second I would greatly like to be Cultivation. With solitude, foresight, and the ability to tend a vast garden and raise a child. Yeah that would be great.

I don't think I'd choose to take a Shard. I don't like the idea of me hanging out in the spiritual realm and watching the world. Not fun enough. I would rather follow Hoid and Kelsier's path and be in the thick of world affairs. While collecting Investiture of course. Being a living, breathing human is the best option for me (preferably immortal). :P