[OB] Will Steris get powered up?

PrincessMorpheus

[OB] SPOILERS

There's been a pattern to the romance in the Cosmere novels.  The protagonists marry the person who isn't the most powerful one to begin with but as the books progress they seem to get a power boost. Rather like the pawn on a chessboard that receives the power of a queen if it manages to cross to the opponent's side. Like Elend becoming Mistborn, Adolin on the verge of bringing Maya back to life and becoming a Radiant. Will Steris be the next to get powered up? 

Edited by PrincessMorpheus
Spoiler tag

Hey, you should probably tag this with Oathbringer spoilers, just so people don’t get spoiled unexpectedly. 

And, maybe Steris will get a powerup. On one hand, I doubt it, because I think she’s good where she is and she is more interesting for being the only powerless one among Wax, Wayne, Marasi, and MeLaan. On the other hand, with how medallions are becoming a part of the books, I could see her getting a few of those and powering up that way. 

• Greywatch changed the title to [OB] Will Steris get powered up?

I always though she would become an Atium misting. I mean the next book is called the lost metal, and we need someone who can use it. Also, Steris was captured in the first book because she was believed to be an Allomance,which strikes me as foreshadowing. 

• Chaos locked this topic