[OB] I Hate Moash for Giving the Bridge Four Salute

NotBurtReynolds

On 12/8/2017 at 0:07 PM, NotBurtReynolds said:

There's a lot of yada-yada in that "basically". He's basically like Kaladin, except that every chance he had to make a horrible decision, he took it. He's basically like Kaladin except he kills in cold blood. He's basically like Kaladin except he goes against every Ideal of the Knights Radiant. All the 'excepts' are what make him nothing like Kaladin, anymore.

Yeah, I think thats the point - Moash could have been like Kaladin, except he made the opposite choice at every opportunity. Looking at Moash is kind of like looking at a Kaladin who doesn't care about others and seeks only vengeance. It isn't pretty, and I really look forward to Moash dying. Hopefully killed by a bunch of angry Bridge 4 members while Kaladin is not actually there.

14 minutes ago, straits said:

That's not in the spirit of Windrunners at all. Vengeance is not a component of their ideology.

Sure, if you assume Moash is just standing around doing nothing. He appears to be someone that many, many people may need protection from.

Just now, Calyx said:

In his last scene, he was murdering an insane homeless guy in cold blood. :P

Hey, the guy was the kingiest of kings thousands of years ago.

But yeah, I was half-kidding. I still don't think his apathy necessarily means he's a super-villain, though.

2 minutes ago, straits said:

Hey, the guy was the kingiest of kings thousands of years ago.

But yeah, I was half-kidding. I still don't think his apathy necessarily means he's a super-villain, though.

Haha yeah, I agree. Moash isn't a super villain. Just an idiot and a jerk. I still hope he dies soon.

On 12/8/2017 at 10:12 AM, Wandering Investor said:

I thought it was interesting because I don't interpret it as an F u, but as a sign of respect. Even though he's opposing Kal, Moash still respects his former leader and friend. Maybe even still considers himself a member of bridge four.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought this I truly feel that Moash truly mourns the lost of bridge four and would not do anything to hurt any of them... unless they got between him and his revenge. To me the Salute said "I succeeded in doing what I needed to do, I wont hurt you and yours for I am not your enemy"

So in short Moashs priorities

1. Revenge

2. Kaladin/Bridge four

I also think that Moash gave the salute as a sign of respect because Moash does not fight Kaladin. Moash had chosen the parsh side in this fight and knows that Kaladin is one of, if not the, biggest enemy the parsh have in Kholinar at the time, but moash sees Kaladin gives the salute and chooses not to fight him. As such I believe the salute was as much a I fulfilled my goal of revenge as it was Moash still showing respect to Kaladin.

I don't think the salute meant anything more than respect. He's not saying your my enemy and he's not saying I won't fight you, its a lot simpler than that. 

Think of when Eshonei saluted Dalinar at the end of....The Way of Kings right? Dalinar by instinct saluted back. Its something like that, just a simple sign of respect, or rather a sign of immense respect in this case, irrelevant of whether they will fight or not.

• Chaos locked this topic