Kaladin Stormblessed vs Percy Jackson

Housedunn

Hey everyone here is my first vs battle. All forms of Kaladin ( solider, 1st ideal, 2nd ideal, 3rd ideal) versus Percy Jackson ( base, water boosted, and mark of Achilles)

setting is on the Shattered Plains

no prep time for all situations 

Write what Senario your writing about and with all predictions give reasonings.

Edited by Housedunn

Since there’s no water on the Shattered Plains, the fight’s kinda over for Percy. 

Except if there’s a highstorm, now that would be interesting. Lots of water and rain, but also unlimited Stormlight. 

But I agree with @Foundation, Kaladin could do a Gravitation-smash, and lash him upwards, and then if he wants Lash Percy back down with a good 4 or 5 basic Lashings to send him to the ground at 5 times the force. 

Well.... depends on if the mark of Achilles protects from falling. I haven't read Percy Jackson in awhile, so I don't know the full mechanics, but it think that it should protect from falling. Also I think that we should take into account what counts as investiture. Should Percy Jackson count as invested? That might make the battle more evenly balanced because Kaladin would have trouble lashing him. The mark of Achilles might be something like shardplate, defending against a couple blows form a shardblade. Even with all of this, I agree with @Nashan’Elin because Kaladin is used to the terrain and there is no water for Percy Jackson to use. 

Edited by T8*

Well, Kaladin would win. Easily. Even if the Mark of Achilles protects Percy from shards, or from falling, Kaladin is still a better fighter, there’s no water on the Shattered Plains, if Percy ever got a hit, Kaladin would heal, in fact, I think Kaladin could also win even if Percy was near water. I don’t think it’s a fair matchup, the Neshua Kadal(Only I call them that. It sounds more badass than Knights Radiant)are more powerful than any of the demigods in PJ. And besides, I don’t think the Mark of Achilles would protect Percy if he was sent to outer space with a lashing.

Edited by Talanelat'Elin Stonesinew

Yeah, Kaladin would win pretty quickly. Any wound he gets would heal, and he is a much better fighter than Percy. And he has Sylphrena, who can change into any weapon and a shield as well. Plus, Kaladin can fly, and he could stick Percy in place or send him flying upwards into outer space. I don't think the Achilles Mark will protect Percy from freezing or suffocating in outer space.

Well Percy is much more consistent. He could easily kill soldier(and possibly First Ideal) Kaladin. As for Achilles Curse vs Third Ideal, depends on whether Riptide and the Achilles Curse are strong enough to stand up to Syl. If so, I lean towards a Percy win, since Kaladin requires Stormlight and Percy doesn't require fuel. If not, it's a stomp in Kaladin's favor.

Yeah I have to agree with most of the other posts. I love Percy Jackson but Kaladin falls into a whole different category with his shardblade, surges, fighting experience, and ability to absorb stormlight. Even if Percy got into the highstorm to use it's water he would never be able to dodge the debris in the storm, which would stun him even with the Achilles Curse. Also, Syl blade would turn Riptide into metal mesh.

Another thing in Kaladin's favor is that it's essentially a 2 on 1 fight since Kal has Syl. With that I think it be fairly easy for Syl to find Percy's "weak spot". But I think Kaladin's biggest advantage was already said. He's a killer. From the start of the fight he'd be out to kill and win the fight while Percy would be initially trying to rationalize killing a human. 

I'm seeing a lot of people in agreement here but I'll throw my $0.02 on the heap.

Kaladin as Soldier versus Percy with mark of Achilles: Percy wins with little difficulty.

Kaladin as First Ideal versus Percy with mark of Achilles: Close fight, odds somewhat favor Kaladin.

Every other possible matchup: Kaladin curbstomps Percy.

Percy is really strong and fast. That's the only real advantage he has here. Kaladin has skill and is close enough in speed to keep up and he can fly and if he touches Percy (and he almost certainly will) a lashing will end him. However, Kaladin's lashings aren't good enough to pull that off until second ideal.

Kaladin has no way of losing with the Third Ideal, since he can just throw percy high enough that the fall will kill him, curse or not. (Percy was hurt by Hyperion throwing him across Central Park). 

2nd Ideal Kal beats book 4 or before Percy with water or not. He doesn't have a counter for whirlwind or hydrokinesis since he has to get in close to kill. He also beats any version without water. 

1st Ideal Kal beats book 4 or before Percy unless they're near the water, in which case he only beats books 1-2

Soldier Kal beats book 1-2 percy and loses to any water boosted Percy

7 hours ago, Drake Marshall said:

Kaladin as Soldier versus Percy with mark of Achilles: Percy wins with little difficulty.

If he had enough water to command, then I'd agree. But since this is the Shattered Plains and there's no water to be found, I would give the fight to Kaladin--he managed to take down a full Shardbearer even before he had access to his Surges.

13 hours ago, Exalted Dungeon Master said:

If he had enough water to command, then I'd agree. But since this is the Shattered Plains and there's no water to be found, I would give the fight to Kaladin--he managed to take down a full Shardbearer even before he had access to his Surges.

Shardplate has one weak spot, the Achilles Curse has none. At least, I'm assuming Percy can't be killed by an attack to the eye. 

WARNING: THE REST OF THE POST CONTAINS OATHBRINGER SPOILERS

If Syl can sense the way Percy's power is placed the way she can sense where the Fuseds' power is placed, Kaladin with a Shardblade wins whether the MoA can block Shardblades or not, since Percy's weak spot is on his back, next to his spine.

Edited by Ookla the Noble

You all seem to be forgetting about the water in rockbuds...

But the biggest question would be, "Could a shardblade hurt Percy?" It most likely could, because, come on, it's a storming shardeblade. 

But I think no matter which way you go, Kaladin would win. Soldier Kaladin would most likely have a bit more trouble with Percy, but would still most likely win.

I don't think people are giving Percy enough credit here. 

I think most of the question actually hinges about how Percy and his gear translates to the Cosmere.

If his "Demigod son of Poseidon" status makes him fairly heavily invested and Riptide is invested enough to block a Shardblade then we have ourselves a match against Soldier Kaladin and probably Radiant Kaladin too. 

Kaladin is extremely skilled with a spear but Percy is no slouch with the sword either. If he is invested enough then he cant be directly lashed either which makes a huge difference.

If he has the Curse of Achilles he gains increased speed, agility and strength as well as becoming essentially invulnerable.

I think 3rd ideal Kaladin would beat Curse of Achilles Percy if they were fighting on the Shatteted plains but I doubt it'd be as simple as people seem to think, and CoA Percy would wipe the floor with Soldier Kaladin.

And if they fought near some water...

As a huge fan of both I think I’m going to play devils advocate. Ironically. Percy is faster than we’ve seen Kaladin Perform, note that I am halfway through oathnringer so no spoilers please. But Kaladin has neve blocked bullets. Or shown the raw strength to pick up a 20 foot tall Minotaur and throw him. Just my two sense. Morals off Percy cleans shop cuz that dank blood manip. 

Percy should also be considered heavily invested as he is half god. And has all sorts of passive magic abilities. I’d say no lashing him easily. And riptide vs shardblade is a clash. One shouldn’t cut the other in my opinion

Edited by i’m in the details
Whoops forgot

But would Kaladin really fight him? I bet Kaladin would see him as a confused teenager, think of Tien, and invite him to join bridge four. Jokes aside Percy doesn’t actually fight that much and almost always augments his fighting with his strength from water or trickery and without that water he probably would not fight amazingly. Unless he actually had the Achilles heel. If we are equating an Achilles heel with shard plate, I don’t think it would be much different than when Kaladin killed the shardbearer, just with a different weakness. I’d say in the shattered plains without water Kaladin would demolish Percy in most situations except soldier versus Achilles heel where it would be 50-50. 

47 minutes ago, Smokeform said:

I’d say in the shattered plains without water Kaladin would demolish Percy in most situations except soldier versus Achilles heel where it would be 50-50. 

I have seen this opinion a lot but where is the evidence?

Soldier Kaladin at the end if the day is a highly skilled regular spearmen. No supernatural abilities.

Curse of Achilles Percy is completely invulnerable and has all of his physical abilities massively enhanced. Sure Kaladin killed a shardbearer but he knew where the weak spot was, with Percy he has no idea.

Percy is consistenly portrayed as a highly skilled swordsman, a lot of his victories rely on his water based abilities because he is fighting Gods and Titans, he needs some kind of edge.

I still maintain that CoA Percy wipes the floor with Soldier Kaladin and gives Radiant Kaladin a good match but ultimately loses because he cant fly.

Edited by Ookla the Fashionably Late

Actually, Soldier Kaladin used his abilities unconsciously. He used Gravitation to protect himself from arrows and it is implied he had some sort of advantage killing Helaran.

@Tesh I believe the MoA protected Percy from Chronos' scythe(though I haven't read the books in a long time so I could be wrong about that), which is probably close to or more powerful then a Shardblade.

I think we should consider the fact that Jackson hasn't really fought to kill humans, whereas Kaladin is a seasoned soldier at every stage. Killing another person ain't easy and I have the feeling Percy would have a bigger issue with stepping over that threshold unlike Kal. 

On 12/7/2017 at 5:32 PM, Aon Ati said:

fighting experience,

On 12/9/2017 at 4:29 PM, Drake Marshall said:

Every other possible matchup: Kaladin curbstomps Percy.

On 12/9/2017 at 11:07 PM, asterion137 said:

Kaladin has skill

On 12/7/2017 at 0:01 PM, Talanelat'Elin Stonesinew said:

Kaladin is still a better fighter,

Well on the subject of fighting experience: At the end of the first book, Percy is on par with the God of War. Percy and Ares have a fight, and Percy is able to defeat him. Percy later goes on to have 4 more books of constant action (He states at one point that he is out of practice in the second series). So, as for fighting, I'd put them on even grounds.

I am writing out an essay that was not finished in time for me to have to leave right now. I am putting 3rd ideal vs Achilles Percy. So, we'll see who wins.

44 minutes ago, Ookla of Five said:

I am writing out an essay that was not finished in time for me to have to leave right now. I am putting 3rd ideal vs Achilles Percy. So, we'll see who wins.

Without Achilles it’s a close fight. Weapons match somewhat evenly and stats are similar. But Percy with the ac should be immune to the shardblade and lashings in the same way another shardblade is. The investiture or magic strength of the River Styx is higher than that of one single radiant or blade. My best power example would be the fact that gods in pjo are in some ways as powerful or more than shards and he is half god