[OB] Foreshadowing in Oathbringer

Wax

I am still in part 1 of Oathbringer re-read and there's so much in-book foreshadowing.  It's like BS is poking fun...

Navani to Dalinar -

"I know that you, while being crushed beneath a boulder, would insist that you've got it under control and ask to see field reports from your men."

Shallan to Adolin

"I could literally survive being stabbed through the chest."

Have picked any other...?

Not sure if this is foreshadowing but here it is anyway.

“When I watched men play, they used this card rarely. If it is so powerful, why delay?”
“If your king gets captured, you lose,” Kaladin said. “So you only play him if you’re desperate or if you are certain you can defend him. Half the times I’ve played, I left him in my barrack all game.”

Edited by ggscv

Found another one.  A very slight one.  In the Aharetium vision (chapter 38), at the end of the vision where Dalinar is standing  at the circle of honorblades, he is acting as a shin fighter. And, another shin man comes, bowes in front of the blades and starts speaking Honor’s words.

In effect, it highlights that shin saw the honorblades after they were abandoned.  I  don’t think Dalinar picked the significance, but again it is foreshadowing the honorblades ending up with the shin.

From Part 1 right before Adolin trains Shallan for the first time.

Wait until Adolin sees a Cryptic in Shadesmar form, she thought, with a full body but twisting shapes for his head.

Sanderson, Brandon. Oathbringer: Book Three of the Stormlight Archive (Kindle Locations 2972-2973). Tom Doherty Associates. Kindle Edition. 

• 2 weeks later...

More...

Dalinar even passed a group out here who were talking about swallowing spheres.

Dalinar barked at the men to get back to training, and to not swallow any spheres.

A very foreshadowing chapter 64 - “Binder of Gods”

• Chaos locked this topic