Deep Dark Secrets

not gonna lie I read bastille's letter at the end of book 5 before actually reading the book

I swear I feel like she's a monster from my closet who will spring out one day and put me in a choke hold saying, "You shouldn't have read the letter!"

59 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I'm going to move this to General Brandon Discussion.

My secret: I really hated Sixth of Dusk.

*shocked gasp*

I AM OFFEND!

Edited by Ookla the Conflusled

2 minutes ago, Ookla the maladroit said:

I forgot Wax’s name when talking to my uncle who is a Sanderfan. I just called MB part 2 “Wayne and... what’s his name? That other guy”

I read it as you forgetting Wayne's name at first and I nearly blew up...and then I read it again. "Ohhhhhhhh. Okay. That's not nearly as bad."

@Khyrindor

SH spoilers:

Spoiler

I spoiled Keseir's original death to my brother. Then I corrected myself by saying that I would live until era two so it wasn't spoiled. Then I told him that it was a lie, even though it is actually kind of true. He now thinks that I lied to him, when what he thinks is a lie is the truth and what he thinks is the truth is a lie. I am a really bad sister. :(

Just now, Ookla the maladroit said:

@Khyrindor

SH spoilers:

Hide contents

I spoiled Keseir's original death to my brother. Then I corrected myself by saying that I would live until era two so it wasn't spoiled. Then I told him that it was a lie, even though it is actually kind of true. He now thinks that I lied to him, when what he thinks is a lie is the truth and what he thinks is the truth is a lie. I am a really bad sister. :(

Maybe both of our responses to siblings and friends inquiring about plot elements like that should just be a RAFO and a sly smile.

....I also shamelessly taunt my family with "what if I told you [insert something ridiculous here] happens in Oathbringer" as I usually read the books before them. Or going, "Ohhh MY, I just learned something so COOL about Redacted that you would be interested in *sly smile*"

I hope they don't hate me xD

I started Way of Kings no less than three times and just couldn't get into it. Eventually I ran out of other Cosmere books to read and had to pick it back up and actually keep reading past the prelude. It's not that it didn't interest me, I just wasn't ready.

I own not one but two sets of the Reckoners trilogy, and I still haven't read it. I just keep putting it off, probably because once I'm done with those I'll have no more unread Brandon Sanderson books (barring Wheel of Time 12-14 and some non-cosmere short fiction) and idk if I'm ready for that yet.

On more a secret secret note, for a while I thought I would never read Mistborn because the premise didn't really interest me, and my best friend told me that it was too violent for me (she was wrong), so I told her that she could spoil it for me since I wasn't going to read it and she wanted to talk to someone about it. Thankfully she didn't spoil much, just a couple of character deaths, nothing too deeply plot related, but I still regret it.

19 hours ago, Master OoklaJack said:

I, @Master OoklaJack, read the last line of every single book I read! :D

And I'm not ashamed! :o (Although I probably should -_- but let's be honest, last lines don't usually reveal that much)

It does in OB... 

I used to have a problem with looking in the back... Then Sanderson called me out on it and I haven't done it since then

The first time I read Way of Kings, I read the prologue and then just stopped because I got bored. I picked it up again a few months later and had an entirely different experience though.

Now I'm like ??? It's the most action, foreshadowing, cool prologue I've ever read, how did I get bored with it the first time? What was wrong with me???