tabitreader

I recall partly reading a teaser chapter from BS from Jasnah's POV after she Elsecalled into Shadesmar from the Winds Pleasure and presumably saved Shallan's life and the trunk. I didn't finish reading it, I read Oathbringer and don't remember this scene included. Why?

Please where can I find this scene once more?

3 hours ago, tabitreader said:

I recall partly reading a teaser chapter from BS from Jasnah's POV after she Elsecalled into Shadesmar from the Winds Pleasure and presumably saved Shallan's life and the trunk. I didn't finish reading it, I read Oathbringer and don't remember this scene included. Why?

Please where can I find this scene once more?

brandon write that for sake of consistency, he wrote a 'canon' reference for it can be used, and quoted, after without the worry of make something contradictory.

Edited by Fulminato

• Pagerunner changed the title to [OB] Missing Jasnah survives chapter?
3 hours ago, tabitreader said:

Thank you all!

Are there more like it? I might have missed more.

Anyone find the absence of Jasnah's reunion with her mother totally missing?

Cutting room floor I suspect.

I really wanted to see a Jasnah and Navani reunion. Also I was brokenhearted about the lack of a Jasnah and Wit Magnificent Roadtrip. Guys, we need this novella. 

9 hours ago, tabitreader said:

Thank you all!

Are there more like it? I might have missed more.

Anyone find the absence of Jasnah's reunion with her mother totally missing?

Cutting room floor I suspect.

There is a deleted scene from WoR, here, let me provide

I am a stick.

I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick.

I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick.

I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick.

I am a stick? I am a stick.

I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick.

I am a stick.

I am a stick.

I am a stick.

Actual real legit source

You're. Welcome. :ph34r:

21 minutes ago, tabitreader said:

Where would you guess her exit point was at?

Ivory said they were heading for Honor's perpendicularity.  Beyond that, we know from Hoid they were a week from Civilization, and here are all the geographical  details in the epilogue, though I'm afraid someone else will have to piece together the puzzle.

A small river gurgled nearby, one of the few permanent waterways in this strange land. Extending in all directions were rolling hills, furrowed by passing water and grown over in the valleys with an odd kind of briar. Very few trees here, though farther west a true forest sprouted on the slopes down from the heights.

16 minutes ago, Ookla the Obtuse said:

Ivory said they were heading for Honor's perpendicularity.  Beyond that, we know from Hoid they were a week from Civilization, and here are all the geographical  details in the epilogue, though I'm afraid someone else will have to piece together the puzzle.

jasnah and hoid meet in the unclaimed hills

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/76-shadows-of-self-chicago-signing/#e6291

56 minutes ago, Fulminato said:

Sweet, thanks! And right when my upvotes refreshed too. 

In that case, I'd put them right here, next to Shulin and that river somewhere.Screenshot_20171206-081836.thumb.png.7460b2275b8f45ea688110b108540ed7.png

Edited by Ookla the Obtuse

2 hours ago, tabitreader said:

Shouldn't an Elsecaller not be able to be stuck in Shadesmar? 

That's like saying Kaladin can't Lash after he's already in the air.

If she doesn't have the Stormlight with her, she can be stuck like anyone else, same as Kaladin would have trouble if he was in the air and suddenly ran out of Stormlight.  She had to flee abruptly using up her Stormlight both to heal what should have been a fatal wound and to exit to the Cognitive Realm.  Without Stormlight, she has to transfer using a perpendicularity just like anyone else.

In any case, once she was there, she probably set herself to learning what she could from the spren before transferring back right away.  So I'm of the opinion she probably could have transferred back earlier than she did but chose not to until she had more complete knowledge from the spren.

• Chaos locked this topic