Cool noncanon Surge combinations?

Quickbronze

Gravitation and (whatever "slickness" is) would make for an amazing offensive weapon. 

It'd gain a massive amount of velocity really fast, and either impact something extremely powerfully or, if you put an amount of stormlight into the slickness that it stops being slick at a predetermined time, work as a nuclear fusion bomb and kill everybody near by with plasma. 

We haven't really seen Cohesion in action yet, but I think that a combination of Transformation and Cohesion, or perhaps Transformation and Tension would be very interesting. Transformation obviously involves soulcasting, while the other two involve manipulation of the molecular structure of substances. Either combination could allow for a Soulcaster to not only transmute but also shape different elements.

I have a feeling that abrasion+tension could be seriously cool, if tension works anything like I think it does.

Alternately I second the notion of gravitation+abrasion, because imo those two are the coolest surges and together they would be awesome. Weaponizing aside, the raw mobility that combination would grant would make you ridiculously hard to pin down.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Progression (Growth) and Transformation (which can also create fire) to become the first Cook Radiant. I believe Soulcasting a small fraction of a chunk of meat into fire (spread-out, for example we take every 20th molecule) would work kinda like a microwave, but instant. You could of course Soulcast stuff into food too, but it's apparently hard to make it tasty, so Growth is preferable. I wonder if it can be used on animals? If not, you can always cut away some meat and heal it, over and over again. Cruel but efficient. (I also wonder whethen you could target one particular cell and cause instant tumors?)

I also wonder whether Division could cook food, since it has something to do with burning.

• Chaos locked this topic