Triangle of Power?

Maelstrom

Hello, this is my first theory, so here goes.

The twinborn system of thought says that being an allomancer can enhance your feruchemy, but it does not work the other way around. There is now way known for other systems of power to augment your ability to burn a certain metal. For example, there is a way to gain almost limitless speed with steel but no way for feruchemy to enhance the way you sense metals with steel.

I've noticed that there may be a triangle of power throughout the mistborn series. The first point is that Allomancy enhances Feruchemy in the twinborn. When burning a metalmind, you can release its power tenfold. I have a theory that, in some way, Feruchemy can enhance Hemalurgy and Hemalurgy can enhance Allomancy.

The obvious way Hemalurgy can enhance Allomancy is by spiking an allomancer and increacing their power, as was done to Vin. But could burning a hemalurgic spike release some of the stolen power into your body?

On Feruchemy enhancing Hemalurgy, what would happen when a metalmind is a hemalurgic spike? Could the spiritual identity of the metalmind and the person recieving the spike be altered in a way that they would be able to gain some sort of power from the spike? ie. a brute ferring with a pewter hemalurgic spike. The ferring could tap existing stores in the spike, or have the power he stores become augmented by the hemalurgic properties?

I hope this may become a discussion about the interactions between different powers in the mistborn universe

If there is already a topic about this, please direct me too it and I'll discontinue this one.

Feel free to correct me, add to the theory, or shoot me down. I'm pretty new to this.

We know from WoB that burning spikes, splices the sDNA on the spike with your sDNA, however the ramifications are unclear.

2 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

Could the spiritual identity of the metalmind and the person recieving the spike be altered in a way that they would be able to gain some sort of power from the spike? ie. a brute ferring with a pewter hemalurgic spike. The ferring could tap existing stores in the spike, or have the power he stores become augmented by the hemalurgic properties?

We do know, that if you have a hemalurgic spike from something, you can access metalminds made by that someone, so if the person spiked was the one who created the metalmind, and was spiked with their metalmind, whoever received the spike could access the feruchemical stores in the spike, so long as they had the feruchemical power. I am unsure if the powers that he would store would be augmented. 

This is a very interesting theory, but I'm not sure if the three magic systems are connected like a triangle. Feruchemy and Allomacny work together, and Hemalurgy mixes them both together in different ways. It has been described as, stapling the sDNA of one person, onto another. The reason I say this, is because hemalurgy doesn't create anything new. It juts moves around different pieces of existing systems.

7 hours ago, NamelessThirteenth said:

It's worth mentioning at this point that burning someone else's hemalurgic spike causes a splice between your DNA and theirs, according to a word of Brandon found...somewhere on Arcanum

Did you mean this WoB?

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/210/#e4616

Maru Nui

What happens when you burn a Hemalurgic spike?

Brandon Sanderson

Burning a Hemalurgic spike would have the effect of splicing your spiritual DNA to that of the person's that is in the spike, which would have some very strange consequences.

• 2 weeks later...

Feruchemy can be used to store Investiture, aka Allomancy, which can then be drawn again later. This enables you to use huge amounts of allomantic power. This is only possible when you're a compounder though.

Bands of Mourning spoiler

Spoiler

That's how the Wax uses the Bands of Mourning, they give him all the powers and a lot of them.

On ‎09‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:53 PM, Ookla the Deval said:

Also a metalmind would be an awful hemalurgy spike because it's already invested so it'd be able to take less investiture from the target than a normal spike because investiture repels investiture 

Spoiler

Weren't the Lord Ruler's Metalminds Spikes?  Or am I assuming too much?

15 hours ago, IndigoAjah said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

The WoB I found said that his arm bracers were his spikes but then the footnote says that he later clarified this by saying that the Lord Ruler was in fact not hemalurgically  spiked and his bracers pierced his skin only to provide protection from allomantic pushing and pulling

On 12/19/2017 at 8:52 PM, IndigoAjah said:
Spoiler

Even if they were, there is a difference between using a Metalmind as a Spike and using a Spike as a Metalmind. The former falls under what Deval said about less space in it for holding a spike charge. The latter already has a spike charge, so any excess space can be used as additional Feruchemical storage(this is what some of the Inquisitors did, by the way)

• Chaos locked this topic