[OB] Heralds Origin / Knowledge

Rlain

I'm wondering how much knowledge the Heralds had of the Cosmere and when they actually came into existence.  There are some conflicting pieces of information that I could use other people's opinions on.

1)  Hoid is asked if he is a Herald and he replies that he is much more ancient than the Heralds.

2)  The Heralds appear to all be Humans, a species that came to Roshar from another planet.

3)  The humans who came to Roshar worshipped Odium and at some point later changed to worshiping Honor.  

4)  When Jezrien is killed by Moash, one of the other Radiants cries out "Oh Adonalsium!  What has happened?".

So I'm trying to figure out what the Heralds's knowledge of Realmatic theory and the shattering of Adonalsium was.  They appear to know that Adonalsium existed at one point, but this appears to be knowledge that is not known to humans in general.  If they are descendants of the original humans who came to Roshar, when did they learn of Adonalsium?  Do the Heralds actually worship Honor, or did they ever worship honor?  We know that Nin is the only Herald who ever actually joined his own Knights Radiants Order, so the others may not have ever even aligned with Honor at all.  But then who were the Heralds?  

I know we'll learn much of this in books 6-10, which is when we'll get a lot of info about the Heralds.  But I'm curious if anyone has some fun theories about it now.

On 12/2/2017 at 0:02 PM, Edvarin said:

Well, first of all, the Heralds went to Honor and suggested the Oathpact. This says to me that they knew Honor, and probably spoke to him on more than 1 occasion. I'm guessing they learned a great deal from him.

True.  That places their original lifespans somewhere between the first humans landing on Roshar and the first Desolation.  They could have been part of the first humans to arrive on Roshar, or they could have been their descendants.  Thanks for the input.

Taln is described as looking like someone from Makabaki only tall and broader, and more muscular. Galladon who is form Sel is described the same way.  As far as i know they are the only characters in Stormlight described this way. I could be that the Heralds came form Sel. And they went to Roshar to get revenge on Odium after he splintered Sel's Shards.         

• Chaos locked this topic