[OB] Torol Sadeas Appreciation Thread

PhineasGage

24 minutes ago, EvilNuff said:

Torol Sadeas makes for a spectacular corpse! :)

@EvilNuff how can you speak of our lord in this way. He sacrificed so much so that we could be mighty. He forged a future in which we would defeat those who would destroy us. You must do penance for speaking such salacious propaganda and lies.I call the leaders of our order to reprimand you for speaking badly of he that forged the radiants and saved house kholin from destruction. He that brought forth hidden terrors that they may be cast out. @PhineasGage and @Ookla the Toasted how can this one earn penance?

Edited by Nathrangking

@Nathrangking @EvilNuff

He shall have to spend a couple of minutes thinking about cheese... (I just made something up).

EvilNuff is right in one thing though: were Sadeas to really die (horrid thought) he would indeed make the most spectacular corpse in the history of the Cosmere, just as he was the most spectacular living creature in the Cosmere.

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Toasted said:

EvilNuff is right in one thing though: were Sadeas to really die (horrid thought) he would indeed make the most spectacular corpse in the history of the Cosmere, just as he was the most spectacular living creature in the Cosmere.

Such is the logical consequence and logic never lies!

18 minutes ago, Ookla the Toasted said:

In these the truth is revealed. Despte having made light of Sadeas's sacrifice he has indeed shown that side which the humble man that he was Sadeas would never show. In all of the history of the cosmere since the shattering there has never been a being such as he. To deny this is heresy of the highest order and foolishness!

14 minutes ago, SLNC said:

Such is the logical consequence and logic never lies!

9 hours ago, PhineasGage said:

@Necessary Eagle - I demand satisfaction for the lies and slander you are spreading Sir! We mourn our most magnificent master, murdered malevolently then maligned.

Shardblades at dawn, then? I, of course, am as eager to fight to the death as any Sadeas disciple.

*changes her name to Ookla, slips away in the crowd*

Interview with light-eyed captain from Sadeas' army:

Highprince Sadeas was a brightlord like no other and one I'm proud to say to have served faithfully for many years. Fair and wise he was always happy to take council from others, even from women! Old king Gavilar himself said that the his family were nothing but a bunch of storming backwater barbarians, until Sadeas got a hold of them...

The highprince always made sure his worthy men were well taken care of.. That fool Kholin got 6 thousand of his own men killed at the Tower, through his recklessness. I know about the lies the Kholin have spread. It was with a heavy heart Sadeas decided to leave the blackthorn. He cared about our lives!

Always a pragmatist he took anyone who needed it in and gave them a job. The best men got the best positions and even the wretches of society got the chance to prove themselves through a minor trial of strenght. Yes that's right... the bridgecrews! Murders, rapists, unlucky recruits and theives all worked to earn their place among us. And the women? Sadeas opened the brothels to all of them and let them set up anywhere they wanted. What more could they ask of him? Would those stiff Kholin ever do something that productive to help their lesser subjects? No all they can is stand constipated in their blue uniforms.

9 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

@PhineasGage and @Ookla the Toasted how can this one earn penance?

9 hours ago, Ookla the Toasted said:

He shall have to spend a couple of minutes thinking about cheese... (I just made something up).

You mean he needs to stop thinking about cheese? I spend most my time thinking about it so only a couple of minutes would be very difficult. 

I was thinking @EvilNuff should probably be on latrine duty for a week. More and more of us are here and it's starting to smell.....

Torol Sadeas was the George Costanza of honorable actions.  By asking his first inclination on any issue, and then doing the exact opposite, our heroes were able to instantly discern the most honorable course in any circumstance.  In a world that was rarely black and white, Torol gave others moral clarity.  Right and wrong are that much more difficult to discern without Torol around to always give us the clear wrong answer.

• Chaos locked this topic