[OB] Torol Sadeas Appreciation Thread

PhineasGage

Hi all,

As suggested by @Ookla the Toasted and seconded by @Nathrangking, I am starting a Torol Sadeas appreciation thread.

All posts here must be positive to Sadeas, our hero, and the greatest man to even live upon Roshar.

Any criticism of our martyred champion will be summarily dismissed and you may be beaten down with feathers of white and green. 

Anyway, in order to give you some ideas about how to support our beloved and deeply mourned idol, why don't I go first?

Torol Sadeas was marvelously clever (until he wasn't), honest (for a given value of honest) and honorable (when it suited him) .We will never see another like him.

PS: I think this is ok to post here but if not can someone tell me where it should go? 

Is this a joke?

33 minutes ago, PhineasGage said:

Torol Sadeas was marvelously clever (until he wasn't), honest (for a given value of honest) and honorable (when it suited him) .We will never see another like him.

Uh.. I mean... Yeah, of course! Absolutely!

14 minutes ago, SLNC said:

Uh.. I mean... Yeah, of course! Absolutely!

Your lack of immediate embrace of these ideas concerns me. I think I'm going to need more than that to prove your loyalty to the cause. And I'll need to see your papers.

New Announcement: House Sadeas is offering a reward for anyone willing to come forward with information pertaining to the heinous murder of our Dear Leader. Anyone coming forward will first be flogged (for not coming forward earlier) then rewarded handsomely for finally doing so.

Ps - and yes, this is a joke thread. Sorry - I figured I was being obvious?

Sadeas, the mastermind behind the re-founding the KR. He clearly created the circumstances in which a WR could thrive and gather squires, yet Kaladin, being uneducated darkeyes, couldn't see the Truth behind this. Thankfully glorious Sadeas made the time to create the Diagram and counsel Cultivation on how to best preserve Roshar. Let his wisdom and masterful planning not full you, the mighty Sadeas has not fallen, but oversees the whole cosmere in all three realms. The spren needed his help in Shadesmar, so he is currently unavailable in the PR. Please stay tuned for his second coming.

Of course, the average reader will remain unaware of all of this until Secret History of Roshar is published.

Why would this be a joke thread ? Sadeas IS the savior of Roshar. Without him the Kholin boys would be lost somewhere in a farm. Without him the Blackthorn would still be stuck with that thin blooded Evi. Without him Gavilar would still be alive and therefore there would be no glorious Vengence Pact. Without him Kaladin would be cutting wood in some forgotten forest. Without him Dalinar would have moved to the Valley and become a monk. Without him the expedition to crush the parshendi would have succeeded, and many more generations of listeners would have gone devoid of minds. Even in death, his sacrifice allowed our paltry "heros" to expose the vile Unmade. Praise Sadeas, without whom Roshar would be no more.

well said @PhineasGage and @Ookla the Toasted though there was still more to say I hope I captured his essence properly ;)!

Torol Sadeas was a man who will be sorely missed. Without him the family of Dalinar Kholin would never have unified to provide leadership in troubled times. He spoke not what was necessarily popular, but what was needed. Torol understood what had to be said and done in order than humankind should continue to  survive and he gave of himself until it hurt to see it through. He was a master of war and politics the likes of which comes once a generation. The memory of this irreplaceable gem whose love for humanity led him to create the conditions for multiple radiants to arise will live on even when could not. His unwavering dedication and strength will not be forgotten. They will act as a beacon when all seems lost and hope seems an impossible thing. May Torol guide us in death as he did in life. The world will never be the same now that you have been claimed by the beyond. Knowing you Torol you will inspire the same feelings there as you did here. Goodbye and farewell our dearest Torol. @SLNC you would take his unifying act of love? He would never wish to be a ruler from the cognitive realm. He knew that it was only in the physical realm that his influence would lead to humanity's salvation! @SLNC it is no heresy to say that he shall not return for so long as his ideals live on in us we shall bring about salvation through all that he stood for!

Edited by Nathrangking

To a man known for his bridge building. His respect which showed no mercy. His willingness to free hundreds of slaves over a paltry sword. 

There is no single man who can achieve what Sadeas did, and his death left a stain in the heart of Urithiru. An open wound that will haunt countless lives. 

The Thrill of attempting to live up to Sadeas may one day drive his house and armies to amazing feats. 

Edited by Ookla, the Incalculable

47 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

@SLNC you would take his unifying act of love? He would never wish to be a ruler from the cognitive realm. He knew that it was only in the physical realm that his influence would lead to humanity's salvation!

By no means, but do you suggest that the Sadeas won't return to our salvation in times of need? What is this heresy?

Sadeas leaving Dalinar on the Shattered Plains led to Kaladin and Bridge 4 rescuing Dalinar.

Kaladin and Bridge 4 rescuing Dalinar led to Dalinar giving up Oathbringer to free them.

Dalinar giving up Oathbringer to free them led to Kaladin saving Dalinar's life from Szeth.

Kaladin saving Dalinar's life from Szeth led to Dalinar being able to bond the Stormfather and explore his Honor visions.

Dalinar bonding the Stormfather and being able to explore his Honor visions led to Lift sneaking into his visions and talking about butts.

Lift sneaking into his visions and talking about butts led to a Lift and Rock food eating contest.

Therefor, Sadeas is the greatest man in all the Cosmere.  Simple logic really.

@Necessary Eagle - I demand satisfaction for the lies and slander you are spreading Sir! We mourn our most magnificent master, murdered malevolently then maligned.

It becomes clear to me that we, dear friends, are sharing a profound and bitter grief. It is indeed true that Sadeas is..... (*suppressed sob*)... was  not only the orchestrator of so many schemes aimed at the betterment of the lives of his people, but that without him, it seems likely that the world is slowly falling apart. After all, what has happened since his death? Kholinar lost. Iri and Rira have joined the enemy. Thaylen City almost razed to the ground. Thousands of people killed or enslaved by the Parshendi. Need I go on? 

I am glad  to see that infighting has already arisen amongst us, for whether Sadeas still lives or not, he would relish the idea that his passing would inspire a new wave of division within the ranks. It seems a fitting send off.

*sobs harder and walks to a corner and curls up in a ball*

Some people claim Our Esteemed Leader Torol Sedess was tearing this country apart. That is lying propaganda meant to blemish His Honorable Name. Sadeas knew that only through conflict would we be strong enough to withstand the coming chaos. The Alethi have always known that fighting leads to strength, and Sadeas was a true Alethi man to the end. As others have said, the conflict he created led to the formation of the new Knights Radiant. 

2 hours ago, PhineasGage said:

I am glad  to see that infighting has already arisen amongst us, for whether Sadeas still lives or not, he would relish the idea that his passing would inspire a new wave of division within the ranks. It seems a fitting send off.

Yes, he would. Our fighting will only make us stronger. We will need that strength to survive the chaos his death caused. 

I'd like to say Sadeas was a man ahead his time... But I think it's very clear he was born centuries too late. For if he had been there to assist in the training and forging of Taln, I feel it's very clear we wouldn't have this current Desolation. Taln would still be on Braize saying, "You think this is bad? Just wait till we get back to Roshar, you'll see the wrath of true  anger and passion. Sadeas will surely be alive and will force you all back here alone by pure force of will! I can't go back there and endure his anger."

I must admit this would be a very boring book as the next desolation would probably not be for another 4500 years, or even until the other shards finally got their act together, un-Invested from their planets to come here and defeat Odium in his weaker and Invested state, splintering him and scattering his splinters across the entire Cosmere universe.