[OB] 2 Theories, Renarin and Alethi.

ScavellTane

10 hours ago, ScavellTane said:

Perhaps my lumping up of all the human races was over-reaching. Though that would depend on what constitutes 'look like Shin'.

My thought is that the Alethi's often pointed out height difference is telling.

That actually might fit with the theory I'm evolving about Nalthis/Returned and Roshar/Alethi/Iriali.  If the Alethi have some Returned blood in them, then that could explain the height and the hair.

On 11/29/2017 at 8:20 AM, ScavellTane said:

This is unlike any of the Nahel Bond spren, which do not go into their companion. Which likely means Renarin is not bound by the Oaths. Which may explain why his Regrowth from the Thunderclast attack was so much faster/stronger than Lifts.

I suggest that someone asks Brandon whether Renarin has spoken the Ideals of the Truthwatchers.

19 hours ago, Mircana said:

1. Renarin is only half Alethi.  I don't know if that would work for or against this theory 

I would guess that introduction of foreign DNA increases the chance of aberrant mutations.

Or if my theory that the Iriali/Riran also share Parshendi DNA it would just improve Renarin's parshendi makeup.

On 11/30/2017 at 7:18 AM, Kk- said:

for example:

Hide contents

-Do humans predate the two shards' arrival on Roshar (I said two since Odium arrived later, he specifically mentioned all three)  Humans were on Roshar before Honor, Cultivation, and Odium arrived.

Yea, so that WoB is paraphrased, and the actual entry doesn't say that. I've been corrected on this before, so I'll provide it to you:

Lirins hand

On Roshar, do the humans predate the two Shards coming there, or did they come with the Shards?

Brandon Sanderson

The humans were...not created by Honor, Cultivation or Odium.

I've seen the height of the Alethi mentioned a lot, but if I remember correctly Roshar has less gravity then Yolen (Cosmere standard human and the basis for almost all humans in the cosmere) and therefore would they not grow taller? I'm not a biologist but I swear I read somewhere that most astronauts grow slightly taller from the microgravity, and it makes sense that you would get the same effect just much slower from lower G, if the Alethi had come to Roshar earlier then it would make sense for them to be a bit taller then average compared to the other humans.

• Chaos locked this topic