Therory jasnah falls in love with kaladin

ddleg

Thus far I'd agree that he's probably the most compatible option with her character.

But there are so many books left that pretty much anything could happen between now and who knows when.

Edited by Zola

The amount of you saying no makes it all the more probable.

Brandon is so unpredictable that we have to predict the unpredictable, like this! Unless, of course, he is using reverse psychology and is thus NOT adding something like this.

Unless he is using reverse-reverse psychology and thus will add something like this because we all expect him not to because we expect him to use reverse psychology.

And so on.

The screaming no is because she has to be twice his age

Not quite. She's 34, he's 19 (or is he 20 now? Not sure when his birthday is, but it has to be soon if it hasn't already passed), so it's a 15-year difference. That's less than Breeze and Allrianne from Mistborn, who had more like a 20-25 year difference. Breeze might actually have been more than twice Allrianne's age.

Nitpicky, I know, but the difference in the way some people see the two situations has always bugged me.

A theory based on nothing and complicated by such factors as age, status, and the somewhat disturbing concept of a love triangle with amaram and kaladin make this nothing more than a thread meant to distract from actually thinking about the fact that WE HAVE LESS THAN A WEEK LEFT TO WAIT!

/runs in circles

good job ddleg.

Jasnah is lighteyed royalty, while Kaladin is a darkeyed former slave.  That's a lot of complications for a society that has a very rigid structure.  Even if she does fall for him (which I think is unlikely), I doubt it would go anywhere.

Once the forbidden love kicks in there ain't no stopping it!

All aboard the love train!!! It'll crush any complications that stands in its way, and those two strong willed characters wouldn't give a damnation about what Alethi society has to say.

Have anyone here read a story called the Return of the Condor Heroes? It's really popular in China. It's been made and remade into numerous TV series.

The main couple in that story is an older mentor (woman) and her apprentice. They are not related at all, but their relationship is a universal taboo because it was against normal conventions and considered incesteous. Needless to say, a lot of bad stuff happens to them. They have been broken apart again and again, always because of social pressure and not because they weren't crazy for each other. But, in the end, they always found each other again. It's a really sweet story that taught me neither age nor traditions should have any weight in the matters of the heart. As long as they're both really hot, who the heck cares, eh?

Now back to topic... I admit, Kaladin and Jasnah would be really cute together if it does happen, but Jasnah struck me as someone who prefer an alternate lifestyle, if you catch my drift.

My money has to be on Kaladin and Shallan (despite us knowing she is currently bethrothed to Adolin). I see a love triangle taking place. Adolins not a bad guy and both Kaladin and Adolin have a ton of stuff going for them, so I think Shallan is going to have a little trouble with them both.

I'm not a huge fan of Jasnadin, but that's just my personal preference. Is it possible? Absolutely; if TV and Romantic Comedies tell us anything, nothing stands a chance against True Love. Is it likely? That's where it gets thorny. The Power of Love certainly could help Jasnadin, but I'm just not sure Brandon would use this pairing. We'll just have to see.

BTW, I ship Shalladin, because I always imagined it would be something like Anna and Kristoff from Frozen. Sarcastic and snarky guy who's a bit of a loner but has a heart of gold hooks up with timid and bright chick with red hair. And there will be no jibes about his unmanly blondness. That's just my opinion, though.