Dream Stormlight Archive Novella?

Mayya

Imagine that Sanderson (huge emphasis on imagine) decided to bless us with a Stormlight Archive novella. What do you want it to be on?

Personally, I am dying for a Heralds novella! I need more information on the heralds and I need some questions to be answered!

Plus, imagine reading about the Heralds in the height of their glory how cool would that be!!!

Personally, I’d really like the novella that he actually did write, for his eyes only, about Jasnah’s travels through Shadesmar during WoR. 

As for information about the Heralds, I’ve heard that we’ll only get that in books 6-10, so you will get what you want, but you may have to wait juuuust 10 or so years for it

Can I make a list?

-Something with Rysn. I have zero idea why I like her so much, but I do, and there's no point in denying it.

-Nohadon and his life/journey to Urithiru.

-A Bridge Four Novella. Nothing but Bridge Four.

-Jasnah, prior to Way of Kings, focusing on her research and interaction with the Ghostbloods.

-Adolin winning his Shardblade/becoming the honorable fella that he is.

And Finally:

-I Am a Stick: The Novel

I can't even!! Yes!! "Stick: the novel!" Can you imagine the dialogue?? 

"I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick." 

brava!!! I am in love with Stick!!! 

1 hour ago, Vashakh Sadeas said:

I can't even!! Yes!! "Stick: the novel!" Can you imagine the dialogue?? 

"I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick." 

brava!!! I am in love with Stick!!! 

You mean like this?

https://brandonsanderson.com/words-of-radiance-deleted-interlude-stick/

I would generally like a novella about Hoid's adventures – something written from his viewpoint. During the entire Stormlight Archives (among others), I've really enjoyed reading his chapters where he interacts with Kaladin or Shallan. Alas, I will have to wait for that one, I am afraid. 

Generally, I would also like something historical about Roshar or even the Cosmere – more information about the Heralds is also high on my list. 

A comedy about Taravangian. On one of his dumber days, he accidentally slips past his handlers and gets loose in Kharbranth. He has lots of wacky adventures, makes some unlikely friends, and learns a valuable lesson about family or something.

I think Kaladin's life as a slave would be cool. Or an ancient history of the war between the humans and voidbringers and how the Oathpact was created. It would be interesting to see how it all started.

Edited by T8*

• 2 weeks later...

A Mistborn Skybreaker Novella would be EPIC. Set on Scadrial, it would be all about the Skybreaker trying to help Non Allomancer Kelsier on some plan against the Lord Ruler. But also struggling with his oaths to follow the law.

Also mainly because a Mistborn Skybreaker could kick butt.

On November 27, 2017 at 2:33 PM, Nashan’Elin said:

Personally, I’d really like the novella that he actually did write, for his eyes only, about Jasnah’s travels through Shadesmar during WoR. 

Wow, I didn't know he actually wrote that.  I'm a huge Jasnah fan and was waiting to find out about her Shadesmar travels in OB.  I hope he ends up releasing it.

I've heard (only rumor at this point, I think) that a novella for Rysn was going to happen, which I'd be all for.

On 12/26/2017 at 8:33 PM, Everstorm Entropy said:

I've heard (only rumor at this point, I think) that a novella for Rysn was going to happen, which I'd be all for.

I'm pretty sure Brandon said he was planning a Rysn novella during the OB signing in Newcastle.

I'd also like to see Jasnah's adventures in Shadesmar, but I think the one great opportunity Brandon has missed, which would really well as a double feature novella, is the night before the wedding. Adolin's stag do, starring Adolin, Dalinar, Renarin, Kaladin, Elhokar, and Bridge Four (plus Pattern, as a male Spren), and the hijinks they get up to, and the second volume, Shallan's hen do, starring Shallan, Jasnah, Navani, Veil, Radiant, Shallan's new spy teacher (whose name I have forgotten), Adolin's tailor (plus Syl as a female Spren). Oh, and Re-Shephir too, because, why not?

• Chaos locked this topic