We will See Kelseir on Roshar in Future.

Lift--Wanderer

It is a completely crazy and crackpot thought that just would not go out of my mind. It just "feels" to me that we will see Kelseir on Roshar in the near future and it would be in some relation to "ghostbloods". 

That organization has been hindering odium. Probably its all in my head and I just want it to be true but meh. I had to write it.

Well, there is a WoB that says that soulcast corpses can be awakened relatively easily. It would go to figure that soulcast corpses would be useful for many other magical purposes, such as maybe a hemalurgical vessel? I wouldnt be at all surprised if Kel ends up on Roshar and binds himself to a soulcast corpse to use as a vessel, either through hemalurgy, a trick of gemhearts, or some other kind of investiture we havent seen yet.

Also, its important to remember that the Ghostbloods also have a highly (perhaps most highly on Roshar) placed member from Southern Scadrial, home of a particular Soverign if I am remembering correctly. Also, Felt, an era 1 House Venture spy makes an apperance on Roshar as well, proving that the timing for characters from Kel's era showing up in the Stormlight Archive is completly doable, even without being a quasi-mortal cognitive shadow held together by a combo of sheer will power and the final act of a dying shadow of a god like our boy Kelseir. 

I have a feeling that at the very least, Kel is going to be a highly influential player in the overarching back story along with Hoid, Frost, Kriss and Nazh, and all the other worldhoppers. Im just sad that its gonna be another 20 years before we get a book starring all of these players at once, if we ever really do. 

I believe he might have already been on Roshar. Remember the devotairy of sincerity? The one Jasnah recommended to Shallan? I noticed on a recent reread that their motto is:

"There are always more answers to be found."

Hm. There are always more answers to be found. There is always another answer to be found. There is always something to discover. There is always another secret.

Its could be nothing, just a false positive, but given Brandon's style of foreshadowing, I find it very hard to believe the similarity of their core belief to Kelsier's favorite saying is a coincidence. 

I don't think someone as dramatic as Kelsier would be able to remain in the background on another planet, and Brandon has said that he doesn't want worldhoppers and the greater Cosmere to be a major development until the sci-fi series.  So I don't think that Kelsier is going to show up on any other planet for quite some time.

• Chaos locked this topic