[OB]Knights Radiant List

Edvarin

Nice job! Malata calls her spren Sparks. I don't know if Szeth technically counts as SB, because he hasn't attracted a highspren, isn't he essentially bonded to Nightblood now?

You can count Ym as a deceased TW:

Ted Herman (paraphrased)

Ym is confirmed to not be an Edgedancer. Does that mean that he would have become a Truthwatcher?

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

Yes.

Edited by Aleksiel

Nice - some corrections/questions.  

- Dalinar may have actually sworn two oaths there, with ‘I will take responsibility...’ and ‘if I must fall...’ being two separate oaths. 

- there are a LOT of theories about the bondsmith siblings. We also don’t know if Cusicesh is an Unmade. Generally, there are a few theories - one sibling per Shard, or one Honour sibling, one cultivation sibling, and one half/half sibling (who could be Cusicesh, the Spren I’d Urithiru, or both at the same time). It’s also possible that the siblings originally were related to Growth/Storm/Sea (And were Nightwatcher, stormfather And Cusicesh respectively) and had nothing to do with the shards, their being ancient Spren, but Nightwatcher/stormfather were later co-opted by Honour/Cultivation. 

A lot of unknowns there. 

- The oaths tend to vary after the second one especially, so we should use generalized terms (as you do for the Skybreakers), so for the wind runners third oath it should be the oath to ‘protect those you hate’ with the end of it varying 

- probably a good idea to include the minor Spren as well, eg. glory Spren for bondsmiths, windspren for windrunners, creation Spren for lightweavers 

3 minutes ago, Edvarin said:

Thanks for the info! I will update the list. At the end of OB it was shown and Nale made reference that Szeth had Bonded a spren, though I guess it wasn't talking to him yet, perhaps because of Nightblood.

Hm, I'll need to re-read it, I was under the impression NB was who Nale referred, but I could be wrong.

1 minute ago, Erunion said:

probably a good idea to include the minor Spren as well, eg. glory Spren for bondsmiths, windspren for windrunners, creation Spren for lightweavers 

That's a good idea. Logicspren are likely inkspren's lesser cousins.

@Edvarin One correction on the Skybreakers; they don't bond their spren at the 3rd ideal - they have to bond their spren before then, see chapter 90, page 867 of the US hardcover

The Third Ideal, the Ideal of Dedication, requires you to have first bonded a highspren"

i.e. you must bond the spren before you can speak the oath not at the moment that you speak it.

See also chapter 121, page 1198

I swear to follow the will of Dalinar Kholin. This is my oath." At the Words, snow crystallized around him in the air, then fluttered down. He felt a surge of something. Approval? From the hidden spren who only rarely showed itself to him, even still

Clearly Szeth had bonded the spren at some point earlier though when exactly I don't know

Edited by rjl

Eleksiel, I went and found the part where it references Szeths spren. Chapter 121: Ideals. Pages 1197-1198.

"The law made by men, so it is not perfect either. It is not perfection we seek, for perfection is impossible. It is instead consistency. You have said the Words?"

"Not yet. I swear to follow the will of Dalinar Kholin. This is my oath."

At the Words, snow crystallized around him in the air, then fluttered down. He felt a surge of something. Approval? From the hidden spren who only rarely showed itself to him, even still.

"I believe your Words have been accepted. Have you chosen your quest for the next Ideal?"

Given that the picture of Vev from the endplates of OB show her surrounded by Lifespren, it seems that they likely are the "lesser spren" associated with Edgedancers. Also Lift is followed by some in Edgedancer.

I was wondering where we got the idea that lightspren bond willshapers? I got the impression that the reachers were the ones that bonded them given the interest in travel? I'm not saying I'm right, simply my own impression. Info would be appreciated.

Are you planning on adding historic Knights Radiant as well? For example, Nohadon was probably and Edgedancer, and Words of Radiance gave us the names of quite a few Radiants of Old (notable ones being Bondsmiths).

You may want to add Vathah (I think he bonded his own, but I already forget), Elhokar and Hoid to the Lightweavers list, and Heleran (deceased (maybe)) to the Skybreakers list. Was it also confirmed that Lyn got to the second Oath yet, or is she just a squire?

It's also likely that Ash may be a proto Dustbringer, but that is unconfirmed.

(The orphanage caretaker is known as The Stump).

2 hours ago, psc92 said:

Malata heavily implies that Dustbringers bond to Ashspren.

This could hint towards firespren being DB lesser spren.

Following that logic, Wyndle might be cultivationspren like it has been speculated, making lifespren his cousins as mentioned above, although I'm inclined to match them with TW because of the green color.

edit: Shardplates glow in the respective Order color, but they are grey in present day Roshar, so either all lost their color after Recreance or it was the glow itself that made Plates colorful in the first place. So after thinking about it, lifespren being green might not be the best criteria to judge whose lesser spren they are.

Edited by Aleksiel

Rider of Storms, I thought it was confirmed that Ash was actually Shalash, Herald of Lightweavers. I also had Vathah in there as a squire. It was never stated that he swore even the 1st oath, just that he could draw Stormlight. Also added notes for Elhokar, Hoid and Heleran. As far as Lightspren go, I need to research that, but I think its after Jasnah return and they start studying the Radiant spren.

Also, Shoots, it is suspected that the daughter of the captain of the Honorsprens ship is Timbre, who Bonded Venli. I probably need something a bit more concrete.

6 minutes ago, Edvarin said:

Rider of Storms, I thought it was confirmed that Ash was actually Shalash, Herald of Lightweavers. I also had Vathah in there as a squire. It was never stated that he swore even the 1st oath, just that he could draw Stormlight. Also added notes for Elhokar, Hoid and Heleran. As far as Lightspren go, I need to research that, but I think its after Jasnah return and they start studying the Radiant spren.

Also, Shoots, it is suspected that the daughter of the captain of the Honorsprens ship is Timbre, who Bonded Venli. I probably need something a bit more concrete.

Ash is Shalash, yes, but IIRC she's slated as the Dustbringer flashback character in the back five, and Dalinar and the Stormfather (however ambiguously) counted her as a separate order towards the end of Oathbringer.

The Heralds are not tied to their patron orders, and a lot can happen in four and a half millennia. Nale even mentions that he is the only one of the Heralds to actually join their order.

Edited by Rider of Storms

This is presumably a Stoneward oath, but we don't have explicit confirmation. 

QUESTION

Can you write an unknown ideal [in my book]?

BRANDON SANDERSON

They are still rough so this might not be the exact wording but: "I will stand when others fall."

Edited by Calderis

5 minutes ago, Rider of Storms said:

Ash is Shalash, yes, but IIRC she's slated as the Dustbringer flashback character in the back five, and Dalinar and the Stormfather (however ambiguously) counted her as a separate order towards the end of Oathbringer.

The Heralds are not tied to their patron orders, and a lot can happen in four and a half millennia. Nale even mentions that he is the only one of the Heralds to actually join their order.

I don't think that the Stormfather is commenting on Dalinars line of thought. I think he was bringing up another topic which he thought was important. I don't recall it saying anything about her being a Dustbringer. Could you point me to a quote in the book or something?