Has the identity of the "wandering shard" been determined yet?

Etruscan

Question

As seen in this thread, Brandon said in 2014 that there was a "shard that isn't on a planet". Has this been resolved since then, and the identity of the Shard determined? Because I hear a lot about the Survival Shard, and it even has it's own Coppermind page, but I've never seen this one mentioned before.

6 answers to this question

Didn't we get a hint last year that 'surviving' wasn't the (capital I) Intent of the Shard, but is a "wise" thing to do? A common theory I've seen is that the Survival Shard is related to wisdom or knowledge. I personally would like to see 'Enlightenment', but as others have said, we don't know anything yet.

7 hours ago, Sol Invictus said:

The Shard roaming about the Cosmere could be Fear or Trepidation, or maybe Suspicion. A Shard with an Intent like that’d be averse to making friends or settling down.

Have the shutdown of Thanatos' "Terror" Theory:

Here is that WoB:

I asked if the Shard that just wants to survive has something like the intent of fear. Brandon replied that that shard's intent is only tangentially related to what's going on.

That shard is well aware of what is going on in the Cosmere, and is smart enough to try and just get away from it all.

Fear appears to be a direct no, trepidation seems too similar to fear, so probably a no. I'd personally say suspicion is out too. Feels too connected to its avoidance actions to be "tangential" in my opinion.