Is It Worth It?

MistbornAlpaca

18 hours ago, SwordNimiForPresident said:

It's like one of Brandon's Stormlight books if it was 14 books long. By that I mean that there is a ton of set up and world building (as well as pointed sniffs and page long descriptions of wardrobes) for 11 books & then the classic Brandon avalanche takes over for the last 3. I discovered Brandon by reading his installments in TWoT and frankly think the series is worth it just for the end.

Lol. That's the only reason I'm even reading it, just for that...

I realized that my post made it sound like I didn’t really enjoy the earlier books. To clarify, I started the series in 2005 and reread it 3 times in it’s entirety for the subsequent releases. I’ve also reread all of the books in summary (basically just hitting the chapters from the viewpoints I prefer) dozens of times. That was before I discovered the Cosmere and became a zombie, but I still think it’s one of the best fantasy worlds I’ve read.

edited for spelling

Edited by SwordNimiForPresident

A lot of people seem to have found Sanderson through WoT, but it was the opposite for me. I read multiple series at a time, so I usually don't get burned out on big series like this.

My favorite part was how real it seemed, and Jordan's worldbuilding just absolutely sucked me in. I absolutely hated book 10, but somehow made it through, and I just loved the rest to death. Especially when Sanderson took over; the prose got way tighter and more interesting, and I even warmed up to Elayne(ELAYNE of all people) by the last book.