[OB] Poll: Which news will the coalition take worse?

WhiteLeeopard

Which of the news the protagonists find out at the end of OB, will the coalition take worse assuming the Kholins disclose all?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the news the protagonists find out at the end of OB, will the coalition take worse assuming the Kholins disclose all?

• Szeth, the Assasin in White has sworn to take Dalinar's word as law
    • Renarin has bonded a corrupted spren at best, a voidspren at worst, but the Kholins will close ranks around him and allow no action against him
    • Jezrien is permanently dead according to Shalash and Taln
    • Nalan and the Skybreakers have joined Odium's side
    • Dalinar has Ascended and has a piece of the Almighty's power
    • Taravangian sent out the Assasin in White to kill their peers in the previous few months
    • Dalinar has entered a champion's duel with Odium, where the stakes are Odium's freedom and the fate of Roshar
    • Adolin killed Sadeas

54 minutes ago, Carla Bridge Four said:

I think the Coalition will not last as it is, but that new Radiants from different places are going to change the views of people. Things are getting weird and won't last as they were. Renarin bound a corrupted spren, one of the Unmade may be not longer willing to side with Odium, Venli bound to a not-void spren... and Kaladin and his Windrunners have a Listener in their team.

Honestly I think the Coalition's biggest achievement so far is bringing Lift in with the rest of the cast. Its entirely possible the coalition's main purpose will be to bring the KR together. If they can refound the order fast enough while allowing free passing through each other's oathgates it may be enough for humanity to keep their edge.

Being perfectly fair, the coalition is not bad. They are having a lot of attacks both from outside (Odium, Unmade, Fused, Everstorm) and from within (Taravangian). It is somewhat alike to the problem in Kholinar. If Kholinar had been united and strong they could have held practically forever. However they had Unmade inside, Fused and humans that had switched sides all weakening the city from within. And as we saw in Kholinar the Coaltion needs to shore up their weakness inside or there is no way they will be able to suceed. 

I honestly do not think either Szeth nor Nale and his Skybreakers are going to be the hard to deal with event which may threaten the coalition.

Szeth was the Assassin in White, this is true, but he was acting on the order of another man. He did not mastermind the murder of Gavilar nor did he orchestrated the killing of Jah Keved' nobility: he was obeying his master. It can always be argued Szeth has come to realize his former masters were wrong and then seek to find a worthy one. He is more akin to the soldier having changed side, more akin to Teleb. If anything, the coalition might be pleased to have such a capable man within their ranks.

I fail to see how Nale and the Skybreakers might harm the coalition: Dalinar has nothing to do with them.If anything, they might reinforce the need for a stronger coalition to oppose them.

I also have trouble seeing how Renarin and his corrupted spren may be bad for Dalinar... So far, I have to admit Glys being corrupted turned out to be quite a Red Herring. Nothing happened. Renarin is not possessed nor is he endangering the coalition. Glys behaves normally and sounds sympathetic enough. So how is him being corrupted have any influence whatsoever other than giving Renarin visions he now know he shouldn't listen to?

My take is thus, what could harm Dalinar and his coalition, is if others start mistrusting him. Adolin, Sadeas Taravangian are events I could see achieving this. Him ascending might also be it, because it gives him too much power.

17 hours ago, Carla Bridge Four said:

I think the Coalition will not last as it is, but that new Radiants from different places are going to change the views of people. Things are getting weird and won't last as they were. Renarin bound a corrupted spren, one of the Unmade may be not longer willing to side with Odium, Venli bound to a not-void spren... and Kaladin and his Windrunners have a Listener in their team.

So the coalition will sooner or later, imho, have listeners/singers as there are humans siding with Odium. It's gonna get wicked, both in terms of politics and religion.

We will see!

Nice poll by the way :) 

I agree that coalition is probably going to go through some major changes, some members may switch allegence and there will probably be listeners and humans on both sides, it may have been that way in previous desolations for all we know. The Listeners that Eshonai rounded up for execution and Thude helped escape are still unaccounted for too, I can see them coming into play at some point.

• 2 years later...
On 2/13/2018 at 11:33 PM, Brightlord Brooding-Eyes said:

I agree that coalition is probably going to go through some major changes, some members may switch allegence and there will probably be listeners and humans on both sides, it may have been that way in previous desolations for all we know. The Listeners that Eshonai rounded up for execution and Thude helped escape are still unaccounted for too, I can see them coming into play at some point.

I believe it was implied that surviving Listeners were being harvested as bodies for the Fused.  This may include Thude's group - assuming they weren't washed away by a Highstorm.

I do, however, think that Venli will have an impact on Singer loyalties.

• Chaos locked this topic