[OB]Who's making Wikim sick?

Steeldancer

tioner

There's a scene where you can see from the perspective of Nan Balat, Shallan's brother, where he's maiming an insect. It's described as soothing his aches. Is that in any way related to how Kaladin feels depressed and down during the Weeping even in his early childhood?

Brandon Sanderson

What's happening to Nan Balat is magically enhanced. What's happening to Kaladin is mostly just chemical depression. Be he is really too young to be diagnosed with depression during some of these events, but he's got the seeds in there. So Kaladin is not magically depressed. Kaladin is just legitimatly a person with depression. Nan Balat... What's up with him is... ah... being exaggerated by certain forces moving in on Roshar. (last bit is a bit indistinctive)

Now that we know almost all the Unmade, which unmade is causing this? 

I doubt it's the thrill. But I'm not sure which matches it. 

Isn't Ashyn a planet in the Rosharan system? A planet on which we have previously been told that diseases grant magic...

I'm calling it Balat and/or Wikim are infected with a magic-granting disease from Ashyn. Cool!

I think this makes the most sense based on the way Brandon answered the question.

Edited by KidWayne

• Chaos locked this topic