[OB] Kaladin's love life ?

Stromblessed

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2020 at 9:39 AM, BethG said:

Tarah gave up on him too easily

I really don't think that is fair.  Kaladin was not willing to do some of the basic things necessary to make a relationship work.   Giving a guy plenty of chances and being patient is all very well but at some point call it quits.

On 11/19/2017 at 1:18 PM, Aleksiel said:

Kaladin had a short lived romance with Tarah, who is somewhere in Alethkar. Why not ignite the old fire in future books?

They gave up on each other too easily.  You don’t give up on true love that easily.

9 minutes ago, BethG said:
On 11/20/2017 at 3:18 AM, Aleksiel said:

Kaladin had a short lived romance with Tarah, who is somewhere in Alethkar. Why not ignite the old fire in future books?

They gave up on each other too easily.  You don’t give up on true love that easily.

...ergo it might not be true love...? 

I also don't think it was a matter of giving up on each other "too easily," as you say it. Tarah was faced with a choice between a job that fit her skill-set and would help her father later on, and a boyfriend who couldn't emotionally be there for her (for a good reason, but the point remains regardless). Kaladin wouldn't leave his post and Tarah knew that. Kaladin was stuck, but Tarah didn't have to be, so she left. 

Now will Tarah enter the story again and will they rekindle their romance? Possibly. Or maybe Tarah is will be "the one who got away" for Kaladin and once again he'll have to learn how to live for the living and those that are present? I can't say.

Personally, I think Kaladin needs someone he isn't actively protecting for a significant other. If he has to protect them, they become his responsibility and then it becomes like a job to our favorite Windrunner (see his relationships with Rock, Sigzil, and Teft compared to how he describes his relationship with Moash and now Adolin). A Radiant would do nicely, since they would hold the same semi-immortal powers, preferably someone who isn't afraid to stand up to Kaladin and one who Kaladin isn't afraid to stand up to either.

• Chaos locked this topic