Shardplate?

17th Splinter

On 11/19/2017 at 5:45 PM, rjl said:

I'm not certain on this; Jasnah comments a few times on how the proximity of the cognitive realm is assisting her in this fight - I think Dalinar having fetched the perpendicularity leant particular strength to Jasnah and whilst she is certainly awesome I don't think she will normally be quite this extraordinary.

I think that since the cognitive realm is easier to access due to the perpendicularity makes soulcasting easier, from the perspective of it taking less effort and probably less stormlight, not necessarily that it makes her more competent with her powers. She still manged to dispatch plenty of enemies with little acknowledgement of the threat. But, If this still seems murky as to how powerful she is, the alley scene with Shallan in Kharbranth and how easily she dealt with the thugs is plenty of proof that she is the most capable radiant and probably still able to be extraordinary to a fair degree. 

18 hours ago, DashHC said:

I think that since the cognitive realm is easier to access due to the perpendicularity makes soulcasting easier, from the perspective of it taking less effort and probably less stormlight, not necessarily that it makes her more competent with her powers. She still manged to dispatch plenty of enemies with little acknowledgement of the threat. But, If this still seems murky as to how powerful she is, the alley scene with Shallan in Kharbranth and how easily she dealt with the thugs is plenty of proof that she is the most capable radiant and probably still able to be extraordinary to a fair degree. 

I don't think we can equate prowess with soulcasting as radiant capability. The only think it compares to is how easily each radiant performs his/her primary surge. For shallan it is lightweaving etc. if we compare that, I see Shallan as the most advanced as the controls she show controlling so many illusions during the fight.

I don't believe any Radiant has achieved Shardplate yet. Many are very close. With Regards to Jasnah, all that showed me was that she was close. Just like kaladin gathered the windspren around him. If Jasnah had shardplate she would have worn it full time during the battle.

Edited by Magpro
to avoid double post

• Pagerunner changed the title to Shardplate?
  • Chaos locked this topic