[OB] Azure and her 'shardblade'

thecaptain01

On 11/27/2017 at 1:57 AM, Brightlord Maelstrom said:

E. Do we know how much time has elapsed between Warbreaker and SA1?

As mentioned by Yata, there is a very small time-frame since it's after HoA but before AoL. From WoB, Warbreaker is "several hundred" years before Way of Kings. (The implied placement of Warbreaker should still be semi-accurate, even if Alloy got moved later). Additionally, Nightblood(Book) is meant to be the "exact book" before SA1, but closer to WB than to SA.

16 hours ago, BaoTheWyld said:

I was wondering if she has any similarities to a certain priest from Elantris and his arm :) probably a stretch though. 

Main reason I'd say probably not(outside of the more "self-contained" story reason) is that she's looking for Vasher, and I don't think he's gone to Sel before.

If memory serves me correctly, the marks Azure's sword leaves on the people it cuts are really similar to the scaring Lift and Szeth received after Nightblood tried to suck them dry of investiture. To me this indicates Azure's sword is sucking investiture from the people it cuts into, though in a far less violent or potent maner as OG Nightblood. I'd be willing to accept that Azure's sword isn't a danger to its user, but it's definitely Nightblood Lite®.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, first-sorry so late to the party that is this forum thread. Second-a thought on the wrapped cloak around Azure's arm: does she perhaps need a source of color in order to awaken her sword when unsheathed? Third, a question: Do you think Vivenna/Azure hears her sword's thoughts in her head like NB?

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 6:36 AM, Batemenace said:

I'd be willing to accept that Azure's sword isn't a danger to its user, but it's definitely Nightblood Lite®.

Your trademark registration of the term Nightblood Lite is duly noted.

I have been wondering, is it possible that Nightblood was stolen from Vasher somehow.  Then Vasher and Vivienna worked together to create another type IV sword that had the command sever life or breaths, (or some other command that would work against type IV weapons) that might be used to finally destroy Nightblood specifically?

• 9 months later...

I did a little research on nightblood, and I found out he wasn't always as invested and powerful. Every person he kills, everything he destroys, and every bit of investiture he feed on from his wielder makes him stronger. Perhaps Vivenna's blade is too new and hasn't eaten enough investiture to be as powerful as nightblood.

@Sunbringer from the same signing, all brand new WoBs, we also have these two showing that there is plenty going on with Nightblood that isn't normal.

Questioner [PENDING REVIEW]

When Nightblood created, was Endowment involved in any way more than normal?

Brandon Sanderson [PENDING REVIEW]

Good question, you qualified that the right way! I would say yes, but maybe not to the extent you're thinking.

Questioner [PENDING REVIEW]

Normal being using Endowment's Investiture to Awaken. There's something special.

Brandon Sanderson [PENDING REVIEW]

I would say, there is something special.

source

*not yet transcribed*

Hmm, I'll come in and add the WoB once it's been transcribed, but there's another new one that says Nightblood contains Investiture from Ruin as well. 

5 minutes ago, Calderis said:

@Sunbringer from the same signing, all brand new WoBs, we also have these two showing that there is plenty going on with Nightblood that isn't normal.

Hmm, I'll come in and add the WoB once it's been transcribed, but there's another new one that says Nightblood contains Investiture from Ruin as well. 

I'm glad we finally got confirmation about Nightblood having Investiture from Ruin. There was a thread about that a while ago, yeah? From what I remember it never got solved one way or the other.

• Chaos locked this topic