[OB] Cusicesh, the Unmade

Argent

One thing that I noticed is Cusicesh has the changing face. This made me think of Faceless. However Jezrien also mentions the Black Fisher in the same sentence. So are Dai-Gonarthis and Cusicesh both unmade? We have nicknames for almost all the unmade except the last. So is Cusicesh/Dai-Gonarthis have both nicknames? It's weird.

Edited by Ookla the Variable

Hi, first post so sorry if I do something wrong but I had a different take on Cusicesh’s changing face...

Perhaps the multiple faces and drained feeling, are more simply linked? I wondered if perhaps Cusiceth was searching or drawing upon a tiny bit of identity somehow  and searching for someone amongst those who come to see him. Almost like a search engine, trying to find a fit or a match running over and over again. 

What better way to attract a load of different people than to appear in the same place, as a spectacle.

But that would raise the question.. what would a protector be looking for?

• 3 weeks later...

Could Cusicesh just be the spren of the sea? And the faces are the people who have drowned in the sea that day? The sea isn't as important as the storms, stone, or the land to Rosharans, and sailing is less common, so the spren of the sea wouldn't be as powerful as the other three super-spren.

14 hours ago, thejopen27 said:

Could Cusicesh just be the spren of the sea? And the faces are the people who have drowned in the sea that day? The sea isn't as important as the storms, stone, or the land to Rosharans, and sailing is less common, so the spren of the sea wouldn't be as powerful as the other three super-spren.

I'm staying clear of what Cusicesh is the spren of, but I do have a theory about the faces. I think the faces are of the people observing it, and that is why everyone feels a bit woozy (I forget the exact words used) - It is sucking part of their Identity away, or maybe feeding on it. Not enough to harm the locals, but enough so they feel it. Maybe even sucking Stormlight out of their spiritual web.

On 12/20/2017 at 5:17 PM, Tea said:

But that would raise the question.. what would a protector be looking for?

Let's line up some Heralds (any of the surviving ones really, but especially Taln) in front of it and see if it reacts.

Edited by digitalbusker
Storming autocorrect

• Chaos locked this topic