Jasnah's Eyes on the Oathbringer Cover

Obadiah

I hope this question does not lead to spoilers, but the depiction of Jasnah's eyes on the Oathbringer cover has been bothering me. Why on earth do her eyes appear to be dark brown--especially when she is holding a sprenblade?! Jasnah is said to have violet eyes, and we know that the radiants' eyes glow when they hold a sprenblade (so we cannot blame shadows for obscuring her eye color). Was this just a mistake by the illustrator? If so, has Sanderson addressed this issue?

I’m pretty sure the picture just doesn’t go into enough detail to really see her eye color. Besides, in the picture, she’s also flying slightly, which is confirmed to be just an artistic thing, so the cover’s not 100% correct, but it looks really storming good. 

So, Jasnah has magic purple eyes, yes, but she still looks awesome without them on the cover. 

Has it been noted that any of the other orders have colors associated with them? The wiki states Shardplate associated with windrunners is blue, the story has stated several times that Kal’s eyes turn bright blue, Syl is bluish.

Has it ever said anything about any of the other orders regarding eye colors? Jasnah’s spren  is inky black, maybe the colors are varied by order?

Edited by Rikkick
Spren autocorrected incorrectly

On 11/18/2017 at 8:22 AM, Rikkick said:

Has it been noted that any of the other orders have colors associated with them? The wiki states Shardplate associated with windrunners is blue,

We've seen several different Plate Colors from Dalinar's Visions. And they've all matched up with the "color" of each Order Glyph(and/or associated Gemstone).

A thing to note is that the Shardplate itself isn't a different color. They're all still slate gray, but Radiant Plate has glowing glyphs on it that match the Order color.

something thats been bothering me is that kaladin's eye color changes to light blue because he is windrunner but we have not seen this happening to other light eyed KRs like jasnah, shallan or renarin. I mean it cant be this big a coincidence that they were born to their assigned order. Also, what would happen to someone with multiple orders? 

13 hours ago, Slothspren said:

we have not seen this happening to other light eyed KRs like jasnah, shallan or renarin

It's cause they are already light.

Questioner

My question has to do with the color of Shallan's eyes currently, because we've noticed over the books that Kaladin's eyes, as he's continued to use his Surge, changed to lighter and lighter blue. Whereas one could argue that Shallan is farther in her Ideals than Kaladin is, yet her eyes have not changed at all.

Brandon Sanderson

Right, 'cause they were already light.

Questioner

'Cause they were already light? So it only affects lightness or darkness in the eyes, not necessarily any other color?

Brandon Sanderson

It's not like it is-- It's not like it's saying "Light minus 50%".

Questioner

It's not like Honor is blue and--

Brandon Sanderson

No. It is not. It is just kind of the way that the changes the Stormlight is making the body and certain people are already descended from people who had repeated, over time, changes by the body which stopped physically... That's not to say that all lighteyes that's where they came from. There are some that are natural mutations.

That said, each order did have an eye color associated with them.

13 hours ago, Slothspren said:

what would happen to someone with multiple orders? 

RAFO.

On 11/20/2017 at 10:52 PM, The One Who Connects said:

It's cause they are already light.

That said, each order did have an eye color associated with them.

RAFO.

i get what you are saying and i had not seen those WoBs but I concluded something similar on my own, my question was about eye color not the lightness, and apparently it won't change for lighteyes.

On 11/22/2017 at 9:17 PM, HoidIsMyHomeboy said:

I think it's likely that eye color is related to the color of the gemstone associated with the order.

Oh almost certainly. But I don't have a WoB saying that, so I can't say that with any authority. (I like to give answers when I can, and assumptions only when I can't)

• Chaos locked this topic