[OB] The third Bondsmith and Urithiru

FirstSelector

1 hour ago, Pathfinder said:

So quoting both because my response is to both. We have a WoB confirming that Adolin's shardblade is an edgedancer blade, and that living the edgedancer oaths are not enough to revive Maya. Something more needs to be done. I understand and respect the theory that by seeing Maya as living is that something more. Personally I disagree, and lean towards my personal theory of the something extra being a Bondsmith using connection to infuse Maya with investiture, to restore what was lost (thereby avoiding the issue of investiture interfering with investiture). But I wish you luck with your theory!

Kaladin al'Thor

I noticed my last time reading Words of Radiance that there were several times-- vines that were on Adolin's shardblade as he summoned it. So I was wondering if maybe the Radiant who used it had was an Edgedancer?

Brandon Sanderson

You are right.

Kaladin al'Thor

You mentioned before that it would be possible to revive a dead shard[blade], but it would be very difficult--

Brandon Sanderson

Very difficult.

Kaladin al'Thor

Like I think what you said is that it would have to be the same person that broke the bond?

Brandon Sanderson

That would be the-- Yeah.

Kaladin al'Thor

So if it was an Edgedancer's blade if he made those same oaths could potentially he…

Brandon Sanderson

That would most likely not be enough. Something else would have to happen. Good guess though.

Firefight release party (Jan. 5, 2015)

I'd think maybe having a defected unmade capable of manipulating spren types around may just be involved. It would be more interesting to get to see a Nega-edgedancer as well. Adolin sliding all over a battlefield sucking the life out of things around him would be pretty amazing. 

On 5/9/2020 at 9:00 AM, Aminar said:

I'd think maybe having a defected unmade capable of manipulating spren types around may just be involved. It would be more interesting to get to see a Nega-edgedancer as well. Adolin sliding all over a battlefield sucking the life out of things around him would be pretty amazing. 

That is another theory I have heard and I like a lot. I still prefer my own bondsmith one, but I could totally Sja-anat having a hand and I think that would be really cool.