[OB] Nightblood

Passion

We know warbreaker was written as back story for nightblood so his part in stormlight archive is actually his main part. So this begs the question, who does nightblood need to kill that can’t be killed except by a sword that breaks all the rules of magic on this planey( there’s a reason Brandon didn’t just make him another type of shardblade) in oathbringer he played a fun role but he killed no one of significance... so I repeat who does nightblood need to kill?

Odium.

Or to be a bit more serious, the biggest problem right now that Nightblood can solve is the Fused. Kill one and it's back tomorrow without the Heralds holding them back. Kill one with Nightblood and it's gone for good. The Thunderclasts would be an excellent target as well.

Exactly, I see Nightblood as one of the only ways to truly get rid of the souls of these Ancient Singers who are inhabiting the main power in Odium's forces. Obviously, Szeth and Nightblood can't kill all of them (Right?...) so that's not the whole story here. Remember that the honorspren in Shadesmar mentioned having Nightblood pass through their fortress a while back, as well as the Nightwatcher having told Dalinar that she could give him a sword that bleeds darkness for his boon. I believe that this has been known as one of the strongest weapon against Odium for quite some time, and Vasher probably specifically was contacted to bring it in a desperate time of need.

• Argent changed the title to [OB] Nightblood
  • Chaos locked this topic