A reminder of spoiler policies

Chaos

Hey all, with Words of Radiance fast approaching, I just wanted to take a moment to remind everyone about the spoiler policy.

All Words of Radiance spoilers belong in the Words of Radiance spoiler board. There, you will be able to freely talk about the publicly released sample chapters, and when the book comes out, obviously the book itself.

if you must post a Words of Radiance spoiler elsewhere (such as in the Stormlight board or General Brandon Discussion), they must, without exception be marked as such. That said, feel free to request a moderator to move the topic to the Words of Radiance board. To mark spoilers, use this:

Words of Radiance spoilers:

[spoiler]
(put spoilers here)
[/spoiler]
If you somehow manage to acquire a copy of Words of Radiance before Tuesday, do not post any information on the book until Tuesday, even in Cosmere Theories or the Words of Radiance board.

Posts violating these policies will be removed/edited immediately.

One last thing! When the book comes out, please refrain from putting out big book spoilers in the topic titles.

The overall spoiler period for Words of Radiance will be around six months. After that point, the Words of Radiance board will be merged with the Stormlight Archive forum, as it can be reasonably expected that people who want to discuss Stormlight Archive in great detail would have read it by then. This seems like a much better solution than having different boards for each Stormlight book, which in my opinion would be overkill.

Sorry, just a minor question - When you say don't post spoilers until Tuesday... Tuesday where?

Are we clear the moment the first timezone hits midnight? 

Also, is there much of a limit on the excerpts we can post, beyond commons sense?

Because I've got all of the epigraphs compiled (which, believe me, would have been easier with a digital copy, but I figured this was quicker), and I'd like to post them for the purposes of discussion.  

How about midnight Mountain time, as that's the actual release. That sounds reasonable to me.

You can post common sense excerpts--the epigraphs are definitely fine.

Edited by Chaos
Decided MST made more sense than PST

• Chaos locked this topic