[OB] Amarams Sphere

Steeldancer

I think that this makes sense, and I think it also begs another question: did Renarin also swallow a gem? We know he is bonded to at least a corrupted spren, likely that this is the proper spren for Truthwatchers just the corrupted variant, and at one point when Dalinar is doing his thing in Thaylen City it is mentioned that Glys spoke from within Renarin's heart. So did he have to swallow a gem like Amaram, or is Glys somehow taking residence in Renarin's actual heart?

We only know of two dark spheres, and Gavilar gave one to Eshonai and one to Szeth. We're not sure where Eshonai's ended up, but Szeth hid his. One of them would need to make its way back to Kholinar, possibly before the beginning of the book (since Ashertmarn was definitely there at the end of WoR).

I think it's important to distinguish between a gem and a sphere. Gavilar had spheres, which are pieces of gemstone inside a glass ball. But to 'bond' Yelig-nar, you need to swallow a gemstone, a whole piece. It was described as a smokestone when Amaram swallowed it. Although the distance may seem inconsequential to us, I think it's a key indicator that they aren't the same thing.

I thought Odium was talking about failing to stay sane after bonding an Unmade in general. 

The epigraphs associate Yelig-nar with swallowing stones. Can't see anything about Unmadaram that's either blightish or windy, though. 

Edit: ninja'd by pagerunner

Edited by Necessary Eagle

I think I know where the voidlight in the spheres that Gavilar has came from. He discovered Bo-Ado-Mishram locked up in the Alethi palace:

“Ba-Ado-Mishram has somehow Connected with the parsh people, as Odium once did. She provides Voidlight and facilitates forms of power. Our strike team is going to imprison her.
—From drawer 30-20, fourth emerald”

• Chaos locked this topic